Technical Lead2020 - PRESENTEGO Shoes
Technologies: Agile Software Development, CI/CD Pipelines, Docker, Laravel, Magento 2, PHP, Serverless Framework, NGINX, SQL, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon SQS, Lumen, Continuous Development (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Bitbucket Pipelines, Magento
- Decreased the overall PHP response time by 100 milliseconds by refactoring features that used unneeded resources that were degrading areas like order placement.
- Scoped, planned, scheduled, and delivered a smooth Magento upgrade to 2.4 and a new theme. Identified system dependencies, incompatibilities, and feature classes and developed a roadmap to deliver the theme and upgrade.
- Designed, architected, and implemented a real-time, low-performance, scalable order export that could tolerate the spikes in traffic and orders on the website. I used AWS Lambda, Amazon SQS, ECS, Bitbucket Pipelines, and Lumen Framework.
- Designed and architected a merchandising tool that communicated with Magento via a Lumen microservice that consumed data from Elasticsearch and triggered updates in Magento via custom APIs.
- Built a back-in-stock notification microservice using the AWS Serverless Application Model, including API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, and EventBridge.
- Built a products microservice, which used to generate feeds and connect with third-party services, with real-time product data and stock levels, using Lambda, SQS, ECS, Bitbucket Pipelines, and Lumen Framework.
Head of Innovation Lab2019 - 2020Smartebusiness
Technologies: Kubernetes, AWS, DigitalOcean, Rancher, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Magento 2, Magento 1, Ansible, Terraform, Magento
- Created the innovation lab, the department that owned new product development, optimized existing processes, provided new software tools, and transitioned into a DevOps ecosystem.
- Hired a system administrator to complete projects significantly faster because the developers were not skilled enough to offer efficient server support. The overall project time decreased by 30% in two months.
- Architected and developed a framework to build integrations, which saved two weeks of work on any type of integration with external services.
- Streamlined the provisioning of new environments by introducing Ansible Playbooks, which were recently replaced by containerized environments managed by Kubernetes.
- Launched AWS Managed Hosting as a new service. Presented the business plan, pricing strategy, and ROI and started the process for Smartebusiness to. become an AWS Partner.
- Registered Smartebusiness as a DigitalOcean partner, which decreased our overall costs for hosting our Kubernetes managed application there.
- Created, planned, scoped, and scheduled work for the innovation team, which included defining IT processes.
Team Leader2018 - 2019Smartebusiness
Technologies: AWS, Terraform, PHP, NGINX, Varnish, Redis, MySQL, Laravel, RabbitMQ, Magento 2, Magento 1, Magento
- Identified developers' lack of experience in Linux environments and proposed the purchase of MacBooks based on team and individual performance. New laptops were rolled out monthly with training.
- Implemented, trained, and coached developers to transition into a new type of local setup using Docker.
- Piloted the creation of a new build team (a third team) to decrease the time it took to create new build projects by identifying repetition and implementing automation.
- Engineered and executed the replatform of two websites of a Magento 1 client into AWS, using Terraform to automate the infrastructure and Ansible to provision the instances.
- Requested access to early-stage quotes with clients to aid in the scoping process. Integrations had been scoped to take weeks instead of months because nobody was gathering clients' technical requirements.
- Decreased the number of quotes with hidden requirements or unrealistic expectations by 60% by enforcing the creation and use of business requirements documents.
- Adopted new responsibilities for gathering technical requirements, architecting solutions, and managing projects, including meeting with clients on-site and defining project phases and MVPs.
- Assisted other developers in building, scoping, and architecting integrations and complex product solutions and mentored them in automating simple tasks.
Lead Back-end Developer2018 - 2018Smartebusiness
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Magento 1, Magento 2, Magento
- Received a promotion to team lead after three months based on my achievements.
- Introduced developers to extreme programming techniques and coached them into better code practices and standards.
- Architected and developed a REST API integration for a Magento 1 client.
- Led the development of two new builds, including implementing their FTP CSV export/import integrations.
- Led developers into a better Git workflow and defined a new process for building releases.
- Identified ineffective processes and presented a new approach—splitting developers and client managers into two teams. The division was based on the client size, development manager, client manager, and amount of unexpected incoming work per month.
Senior Web Developer2016 - 2018LED HUT
Technologies: Magento 1, PHP, Redis, MySQL, DeployHQ, Varnish, Magento
- Built a commissions system on Laravel for the sales team.
- Migrated a core-hacked Magento from 1.7 to 1.9, analyzed the codebase, and set up SonarQube to visualize technical debt.
- Implemented a data warehouse on Laravel used as a bridge between Sage 200 and Magento.
- Delivered the Sage 200 integration in two phases: daily export of the main Magento sales-related objects with SQL and import/export via Magento queues.
- Implemented Graylog for log consolidation and visibility.
Software Developer2013 - 2014Bringmeister
Technologies: Magento 1, PHP, Varnish, Redis, NGINX, AWS, Python, Solr, Magento
- Delivered a PayPal ECM integration, including updated checkout logic to fit the PayPal workflow, updated API calls from shop to external services during checkout, and modified order workflow for PayPal orders.
- Removed a buggy newsletter extension, migrated subscribers to a new provider via shell script, fixed inconsistent data from the previous extension (recovering 2,000 subscribers), and installed and adapted a new extension for our needs and data model.
- Added cancel and reorder functionality to a warehouse management system.
- Delivered a custom integration of Pimberly with Magento, exchanging data via Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Integrated Oracle Real-Time Scheduler with Magento, featuring dynamic delivery prices based on quote items and addresses.
- Migrated from monolith hosting to AWS with the process outlined and performed by the in-house team.