Verified Expert in Engineering
Game Development Developer
Marco is a Senior iOS developer specializing in game development with a particular affinity for coding conceptually original apps. He has coded extensively using Objective-C, and is proficient in designing architecture, algorithmic and performance problems, and slick UI effects and customization.
Sublime Text, Git, Xcode
The most amazing...
...software I've ever created is a turn-based multiplayer penalty shootout game for J2ME devices. Users can play each other using different handsets.
iOS Developer (via Toptal)
- Worked on a native iOS app for an indoor cycling studio using Objective-C, UIKit and several frameworks (MagicalRecord for example).
- Implemented several sections, starting from a PSD file and ending with the final, pixel-accurate and fully functional view controller.
- Implemented complex and detailed UI controls using Core Graphics, Core Animation and Photoshop.
iOS and Android developer
Wave Reaction Inc. (via Toptal)
- Created an iPad app for the visualisation of tracking information for various items (such as shipping containers) around the globe, using the company's own web services.
- Added functionality to existing iOS and Android tracking app, keeping both native apps up to date with a web service backend.
- Developed a small game prototype for iOS using cocos2d-x.
- Created a simple cycling game using cocos2d-x for iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. All platforms use a shared C++ codebase.
- Implemented dynamic resource downloading so the same universal binary retrieves a specific graphics pack for the device's resolution.
- Worked with Cx/C++/C# interaction on Windows Phone 8 to reimplement some cocos2d-x features not yet working for the platform.
External iOS Developer
Pixeljam Inc. (via Agilar Argentina)
- Wrote the code to port an application named Dino Run to iOS.
- Worked from an existing codebase using an open source in-house framework that was based on OpenGL and Box2D.
- Coded tools for the content pipeline using Adobe Air and Flash.
Quares IT Solutions
- Developed an app for the National Association of Anaesthesiologists using Core Data, UIKit and accessing .NET web services.
- Guided the UI design to make it more iOS friendly.
- Implemented a background synchronisation task so the users can still use the app without an internet connection.
Triviapad (via Agilar Argentina)
- Created a multiplayer trivia app for iPad.
- Wrote custom extensions in XMPP to handle all network communications between the server and players.
QB9 (via Agilar Argentina)
- Ported the PC/Mac version of an app named Doors of the Mind to iPad/iPhone.
- Used UIKit and CoreAnimation to implement all the graphic features.
- Used LUA scripts extensively to define levels and interactions within the game.
- Created a two-player penalty shootout game using Cocos2D, GameKit and OpenDE for physics.
Kayxo (via Agilar Argentina)
- Worked on a cancelled iOS version of a popular board game, using UIKit.
- Wrote code for the single player mode, in which users face up to 3 AI's, each with a different strategy targeting different winning conditions.
- Implemented a multiplayer feature, with support for up to 4 players and in-game chat.
- Included functionality by which a competent AI would temporarily take over for users if they unexpectedly quit the application.
- Worked on a few prototypes for social media browsing apps, as well as one app supporting a digital pen and paper service.
External iOS Developer
- Worked on the port of the Decaf Android app to iPhone.
Original Creations Programming Team Lead
- Designed the programming admission tests and interviewed new candidates in coordination with the HR department.
- Supervised technical decisions for the Original Creations team projects.
- Discussed technical feasibility for new features with game designers, artists, and programmers.
- Ensured that Gameloft global coding standards and practices were correctly implemented by the team.
- Wrote code for Gameloft's universal J2ME framework.
- Coded ports for low end devices for several projects.
- Founded a mobile game development company focused on original J2ME games.
- Developed Arcane, a fantasy card game for Nokia S40 devices that won the first prize in a Nokia Mobile Developer Contest in Argentina.
- Created 3 multiplayer games for a Spanish client using the Terraplay server technology. The games supported Nokia S30, S40, S60, Sony Ericsson T6xx, Siemens SL55 & 56 series, and Motorola Triplets devices.
Flywheel Sports iOS App (Development)
Doors of the Mind (Development)
Atlas Electoral de Andy Tow (Development)
Decaf for iOS (Development)
Anti-aliased Line Rendering Algorithm for Game Prototyping
Swift, Objective-C, SQL, Python, Lua, ActionScript 3, Java, C++, C
UIKit, Core Data, Cocoa Touch, ASP.NET MVC, Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d, ReactiveCocoa, QuartzCore, Box2D, Cocoa, Android SDK, .NET
Xcode, Adobe AIR, Eclipse IDE, Adobe Flash, Git, Sublime Text, Android Studio
Agile Software Development, Scrum
iOS, Java ME, J2ME, J2SE, Windows Phone 8, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android
Game Development, Open Dynamics Engine (ODE), XMPP, Web Services
Core Animation, CocoaPods, Facebook iOS SDK, OpenGL ES, OpenGL
Masters Degree in Computer Science
Universidad de Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires, Argentina
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring