Java/React Engineer2018 - PRESENTU.Group
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Spring Data, React, Redux, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Gradle, Webpack, Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Spring Security, AngularJS, Angular, Docker
- Built a web-based data-analytics application from scratch using Kotlin, Spring Boot, MongoDB and React.
- Developed a MongoDB schema migration process to handle schema updates during automated production deployments.
- Built a Spring Security user authentication system using JSON Web Tokens.
- Created a single-page application (SPA) using React, Redux, and Material-UI.
- Provided support and new feature enhancements for a Java, Spring Boot, and AngularJS application.
- Converted an application from AngularJS to React.
- Created continuous integration and deployment pipelines in Concourse CI.
- Configured AWS infrastructure using Terraform.
Senior Architect | Consultant2012 - 2018Syus
- Acted as a software architect consultant providing DevOps, interface, and software design and implementation.
- Migrated the server to Amazon Web Services.
- Designed and maintained Amazon Web Services based systems in a HIPAA-compliant environment.
- Designed scalable, fault-tolerant systems and services using Java, Python, and Node.js on AWS.
- Designed a web-and-mobile app using Auth0 authentication, API Gateway, Lambda, and microservices.
Senior Software Architect | Consultant2014 - 2016Radiology Alliance
Technologies: Java, Spring, Groovy, Grails, Tomcat, Node.js, AngularJS, Git, Amazon Web Services
- Built a data-analytics web application in AngularJS and Node.js.
- Designed and implemented an analytics reporting interface in AngularJS.
- Integrated the UI with Node.js and Groovy/Grails back-end servers.
- Configured Passport.js for user authentication.
Senior Developer | Consultant2013 - 2014Comdata
- Designed and developed an online credit application for businesses to apply for fleet gas cards.
- Designed and delivered an application based on highly flexible design requirements in an extremely tight time frame.
- Developed a Spring MVC application with client-side and server-side validation.
Director of Software Development2011 - 2012Voices Heard Media
- Managed a team of software developers, QA, DBAs, system administrators, and UI designers responsible for all product development and maintenance within the company. Designed and implemented scalable, cloud-based SaaS systems to accommodate customer's needs.
- Implemented the server migration to Amazon Web Services.
- Designed elastically scalable systems on Amazon Web Services using Amazon's EC2, ELB, S3, EBS, Route 53 and CloudWatch services.
- Converted a large Java system from EJB3/Glassfish to Spring/Tomcat/ActiveMQ to enable it to easily scale on AWS.
- Designed and implemented many new products and enhancements to existing products using Java and jQuery.
- Developed a search engine optimization strategy for both the corporate website and our various web-based products.
- Integrated Spring Security with the company's existing EJB/JAAS security framework in order to handle all user account management.
- Led the development team to the completion of many large projects including product internationalization, real-time UI updates using Scala/Lift/Comet, server architecture migrations, and the creation of an analytics reporting system without ever missing a customer's deadline.
Senior Internet and Mobile Developer2007 - 2011Jewelry Television
Technologies: Java, Spring, Tomcat, Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, C#, Lucene, Solr, Demandware, Android
- Developed the Jewelry Television app for Android, and assisted in the development of the Jewelry Television app for iPhone.
- Built a mobile-optimized version of the JTV.com website, with all the features of the full site, including product search and eCommerce capabilities.
- Led a team that designed and implemented a data integration solution using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Constructed custom SSIS components and scripts in C# to facilitate the transfer of data between Jewelry Television and companies such as Responsys, Omniture, Bazaarvoice, Google, and Amazon.
- Developed a Java application that utilized the Endeca search and Page Builder APIs to expose Endeca search as a Web service so that platforms not supported by the native Endeca APIs could access Endeca.
- Wrote code on the Demandware platform to utilize Endeca Web service calls to provide search, navigation, and an Endeca Page Builder-driven page design in Demandware.
- Supported the PayPal payment processor on the Demandware platform and the PayPal Express Checkout integration with the Demandware checkout process.
- Developed many new pages for JewelryTelevision.com including a new customer account management interface.
- Built a product inventory search application using Apache Lucene/Solr to provide show planners and inventory managers with quick real-time views into the company’s inventory.
Software Developer2006 - 2007Edgenet, Inc.
Technologies: Java, JSP, JSF, Spring, JMS, Hibernate
- Built an image search application allowing users to upload pictures and search for similar looking products using Java/Lucene on the back-end and JSP/AJAX for the user interface.
- Also exposed image searching services to other applications within the company using web services.
- Used the model-driven architecture tool AndroMDA on several projects to build the application’s data layer, including database schema, Hibernate mapping files, and DAO classes.
- Added new features to several pre-existing applications for companies such as Lowe’s and Home Depot using JSF, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Ensure that all of the applications worked on Edgenet; used the Spring framework for dependency injection, AOP support, HTTP remoting, transactions, Hibernate/JDBC templates, and JMS queue support.
Web Developer2005 - 2006Keystone Automotive
Technologies: Java, JSP, JSTL, J2EE, Spring, Microsoft SQL Server
- Led the design team in developing enhancements to the company’s business-to-business web portal.
- Designed, developed, and deployed the company’s eCommerce website in a Java/JSP environment.
- Built a software package to allow Java programs to access the company’s proprietary back-end billing system.
- Constructed a Java applet that enabled customers to browse and upload repair estimates from third-party software packages to the web server.
- Helped to establish a functional, streamlined programming environment for a new development team.
Software Developer2001 - 2005WebMD
- Developed file transfer, validation, and translation routines in a Java J2EE environment.
- Developed EDI translators in C, C++, Java, and Perl to assist the medical transactions division and trained other IT personnel in the development of transaction parsers.
- Developed several software packages designed specifically to process insurance claims.
- Designed, created, developed, and implemented an application that automates the transfer of files across multiple systems.
- Developed web-based application support tools utilizing JSP, Java Beans, and XML data transformations with XSLT.
Program Analyst1999 - 2001Dell Computers
Technologies: C, Perl, SQL, Informix
- Developed web-based tools to improve upper management’s ability to track the flow of products in the manufacturing process.
- Created software tools essential for support and functionality on the manufacturing floor and designed to improve overall efficiency.
- Maintained, debugged, and upgraded software key to the control of the manufacturing process. Reduced production downtime due to IT-related issues.
- Assisted with bringing a new factory online and getting all IT-related issues resolved.