- Senior Full-stack EngineerSittercity2015 - 2017
- Worked as senior full-stack engineer in a team of about twenty people, leading the web development of Chime, a new on-demand childcare product of Sittercity.
- Designed and implemented a custom mini-framework for organizing front-end components, tailor made to be fully compatible with the existing implementation. This framework allowed us to quickly implement complex front-end features without having to re-write everything using a full-blown JS framework.
- Took the initiative to reduce technical debt by refactoring major parts of the existing codebase, greatly reducing the cost of maintenance and future development in the affected areas.
- Mentored junior developers, providing guidance and teaching them aspects of the system as well as passing along my software development knowledge and best practices as much as I could.
- Lead DeveloperUniversity of St. Gallen2015 - 2017
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery Mobile, Sass
- Contributed to the functional and technical specifications of an award-winning web-based mobile application featuring educational content for university students.
- Managed a team of three developers during the implementation phase, which involved assigning tasks, making higher-level technical decisions, and ensuring that the milestone deadlines are kept.
- Developed an interactive "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" game using among others the Web Audio API, CSS3 transitions, and icon fonts.
- Created a simple but flexible CMS for managing the content of the application, including support for custom placeholders for inserting dynamic content into static content pages.
- Wrote detailed developer documentation and training manuals so that less experienced future developers of the app also understand how it works and can continue its development.
- Won the Les B. Strickler Innovation in Instruction Award for the American Risk and Insurance Association.
- Full-stack Web DeveloperOlidrop2014 - 2016
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Sass, Bootstrap
- Designed and built a mobile-friendly user interface for an eCommerce web application using the Twitter Bootstrap UI framework.
- Extended the lightweight PHP MVC framework that was being used for the app with a flexible form generation and validation engine.
- Added internationalization support to the PHP framework being used for the app, complete with parameterizable translations and date and number formatting using PHP's localization API.
- Implemented an interface for uploading images with support for drag and drop, progress reporting, multiple simultaneous uploads, and proper error handling and security measures.
- Set up the production server for the application by configuring a standard Apache + MySQL + PHP stack on a Linux box and setting up the necessary security measures (firewall, logging, backup, etc.).
- Security AuditorGE Healthcare2014 - 2014
- Performed a security audit on a PHP-based web application aiming to find vulnerabilities that must be fixed before deployment.
- Prepared a forty-page audit report including an executive summary, a brief overview of my findings, and a detailed listing of the discovered vulnerabilities classified by severity.
- Provided instructions to the developers on how to fix the discovered vulnerabilities and how to design applications in a security-conscious manner in the future.
- Full-stack Web DeveloperToastmasters2014 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery Mobile, Sass
- Wrote the functional specification for and designed the UI of a social web application for the 2014 Toastmasters International Convention.
- Implemented user authentication using LinkedIn in a robust and secure manner.
- Created a real-time notification server using Ruby and Faye, hosted on a Heroku instance, secured by token-based authentication.
- Developed a real-time chat feature on the client side, using the Faye server to send and receive messages.
- Technical LeadCorvinus IT Student Association2012 - 2014
Technologies: C#, WPF
- Led technical work in the Zatacka legacy development project of the Corvinus IT Student Association.
- Developed the base framework of the application using technologies such as C# and WPF.
- Provided assistance and feedback during the initial specification of the project.
- Coordinated and managed the development efforts of the coding team.
- Full-stack Web DeveloperCorvinus University of Budapest2013 - 2013
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Sass
- Carried out the specification, development, and deployment of a web-based system for the Students’ Union of Corvinus University which is used for the registration, administration, and ranking of student applications for the university’s Pro Universitate scholarship.
- Full-stack Web DeveloperEGYOSZ2008 - 2011
Technologies: PHP, Symfony, MySQL, jQuery
- Developed several web applications for EGYOSZ, a student organization in my high school, including one for online event registration for students and another for processing and aggregating data from teacher rating polls. Both systems were developed using the Symfony MVC framework and had Active Directory integration, reporting features, and a role-based permission system.