Software Architect2020 - 2021DataRight
Technologies: Azure Functions, Azure API Management, Terraform, TypeScript, GraphQL, Node.js, Docker, Azure DevOps, Terragrunt, PostgreSQL, Jest, DevOps, Cloud
- Designed and deployed infrastructure components in Azure with Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Designed and developed a GraphQL API in Node.js and deployed it to Azure Functions.
- Configured continuous integration and continuous deployment with Azure DevOps and Github Actions.
- Oversaw the development of the front-end application (Gatsby.js with dynamic routes for behind-the-login functionality). Coded a seamless access token refresh mechanism with Apollo Links.
- Deployed Azure API Management in front of Azure Functions API for request quota enforcement.
- Covered GraphQL resolvers with integration tests written in Jest.
- Interviewed and onboarded a front-end engineer and a DevOps specialist. Coordinated and reviewed their work throughout the course of the project. Held daily standups to resolve any blockers.
AWS Architect | Node.js Developer2019 - 2019ProXchange
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mocha, Chai, AWS CloudFormation, Relational Database Services (RDS), Node.js, Serverless, Docker, AWS Lambda, AWS, DevOps, Cloud, REST API
- Used CloudFormation to deploy an AWS infrastructure comprised of VPC, RDS, SNS, S3, Lambda, and an API gateway for a HIPAA-compliant environment.
- Built and deployed a REST API using the Lambda API framework with granular AWS permission for deployment and execution.
- Covered the API with unit and functional tests (Chai, Mocha, NYC).
- Performed the development, testing, and building and deployed environments fully platform-independent (all tasks are performed in Docker).
Software Architect2017 - 2019Echo Alpha
- Oversaw the upgrade of the company's web presence from single-server hosting static websites to a multi-project scalable AWS Kubernetes setup.
- Designed and launched a billing REST API shared among the company's multiple projects.
- Implemented the transition of a live eCommerce server-side rendered (Symfony 3) app to a REST API and SSR Vue.js (Nuxt) setup.
- Led a team of four developers, one QA engineer, and two DevOps engineers working on multiple internal projects. Interviewed and onboarded development team members. Made sure code quality and processes were up to high standards and best practices.
- Launched two high-traffic company websites on AWS Lambda to minimize costs.
- Introduced and took care of development best practices: code standards, code reviews, functional and unit test coverage, and CI/CD.
Web Developer2015 - 2017Echo Alpha (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed an internal asset management system from scratch.
- Created various report importing/parsing/generation tools with visualizations made in D3.js.
- Developed an automated schedule generator maintaining item randomness based on user-supplied rules.
- Created an Angular Material-based guide website.
- Designed database structure and set up multi-database synchronization with triggers.
Team Lead and Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2015Geometria.ru
Technologies: AngularJS, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, Zend Framework, PHP, REST API
- Deployed code to a multi-server production environment with Capistrano.
- Upgraded the codebase for newer frameworks, language versions (PHP 5.5), and databases versions.
- Created a custom picture storage naming solution with Nginx and a dynamic resolve via Lua scripting.
- Designed and tested a newer newsfeed service backed by Redis and Cassandra.
- Conceptualized and implemented a distributed service for storing popular and current content (Node.js, Redis).
- Worked on parts of an AngularJS client app tied to the website's REST API.
- Created some core parts and implemented parts of the REST API used for a web app and iOS app.
- Interviewed and onboarded new team members, held daily team meetings and helped plan and prioritize backlog with stakeholders, coordinated deployments and releases of the code.
Senior Web Developer2009 - 2010Geometria.ru
Technologies: Sphinx Search Engine, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, PHPUnit, Nginx, Zend Framework, PHP
- Created new social services for the website (custom Zend Framework installation) including features such as friends, messages, and blogs.
- Wrote functional and unit tests with PHPUnit and Mockery.
- Tested and optimized performance with Zend Profiler and a MySQL query analyzer.
- Built a newsfeed service (originally backed by MySQL, then by MongoDB).
- Supported a search service backed by a Sphinx search server.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Corporate Education Systems, CJSC
- Supported a PHP-based, Postgres-backed online testing framework.
- Refactored old procedural components to OOP.
- Wrote an XLS reports generator.
- Optimized PostgreSQL queries.
Web Developer2007 - 2009Doejo
- Created an address book parser for email services.
- Built an activity tracking service for popular social networks.
- Designed a MySQL database structure and optimized queries.
- Programmed a bookmarking service with website screenshot capture.
- Developed an online payment processor based on Authorize.Net.