Head of Development2017 - PRESENTEcho Alpha
- Oversaw the upgrade of the company's web presence from a single server hosting static websites to a multiproject scalable AWS Kubernetes setup.
- Designed and launched a billing REST API shared among the company's multiple projects.
- Implemented a transition of a live eCommerce server-side rendered (Symfony 3) app to REST API + SSR Vue.js (Nuxt) setup.
- Interviewed and hired dev team members.
- Launched two high-traffic company websites on AWS Lambda to minimize costs.
- Introduced and took care of dev best practices: code standards, code reviews, functional and unit test coverage, and CI/CD.
Web Developer2015 - 2017Echo Alpha (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed an internal asset management system from scratch.
- Created various report importing/parsing/generation tools. Visualization made with D3.js.
- Developed automated schedule generator maintaining items randomness based on user supplied rules.
- Created an Angular Material-based guide website.
- Designed database structure and set up multi-database synchronization with triggers.
Team Lead and Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2015Geometria.ru
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework 1 and 2, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, AngularJS
- Deployed code to a multi-server production environment with Capistrano.
- Upgraded the codebase for newer frameworks, language versions (PHP 5.5), and databases versions.
- Created a custom picture storage naming solution with Nginx and dynamic resolve via Lua scripting.
- Designed and tested a newer Newsfeed service backed by Redis and Cassandra.
- Conceptualized and implemented a distributed service for storing popular and current content (Node.js, Redis).
- Worked on parts of a AngularJS client app tied to the website's REST API.
- Created some core parts and implemented parts of the REST API used for a web app and iOS app.
Senior Web Developer2009 - 2010Geometria.ru
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, Nginx, PHPUnit, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, Sphinx
- Created new social services for the website (custom Zend Framework installation) including features such as friends, messages, and blogs.
- Wrote functional and unit tests with PHPUnit and Mockery.
- Tested and optimized performance with Zend Profiler and a MySQL query analyzer.
- Built a newsfeed service (originally backed by MySQL, then by MongoDB).
- Supported a search service backed by a Sphinx search server.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Corporate Education Systems, CJSC
- Supported a PHP-based, Postgres-backed online testing framework.
- Refactored old procedural components to OOP.
- Wrote an .xls reports generator.
- Optimized PostgreSQL queries.
Web Developer2007 - 2009Doejo
- Created an address book parser for email services.
- Built an activity tracking service for popular social networks.
- Designed a MySQL database structure and optimized queries.
- Programmed a bookmarking service with website screenshot capture.
- Developed an online payment processor based on Authorize.Net.