CTO2013 - PRESENTRingpay
Technologies: PHP, iOS, Android, NGINX, Amazon AWS
- Implemented usability tests on the interface.
- Filed a patent for technology used in the app.
- Coordinated the development of 4 different apps for Android/iOS.
- Designed a highly scalable secure REST API.
- Managed scalability issues at the code and system level.
Twilio/Vtiger Developer2015 - 2016Business Remedy LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Vtiger, Twilio
- Integrated Vtiger phone and SMS in Vtiger community edition.
- Added the ability to send and receive calls through Twilio to Vtiger users (shared or exclusive phone number).
- Added the ability to send and receive SMS through Twilio to Vtiger users (shared or exclusive phone number).
- Added the ability to process an Excel file of contacts and send a "mail merge" based on predefined message and excel columns.
- Packaged all modules and provided detailed instructions for repeatable setup.
MySQL RDS Database Migrator2015 - 2016Hotel Effectiveness Solutions (via Toptal)
Technologies: MySQL, AWS, RDS
- Created an automated script for large database migration.
- Managed low-to-zero downtime.
- Managed timezone issues with RDS.
- Managed a large database (several GB) automated migration.
- Managed automated complex migration of hundreds of stored procedures from 5.1 to 5.5.
DevOps2013 - 2014Punctis
Technologies: Amazon AWS, PHP
- Designed and implemented a rock solid production infrastructure to serve the REST API with millions of requests per day.
- Handled development, testing, and production environments with automated deployment scripts.
- Carried out a feasibility study of efficient CDN usage for the REST API.
- Created a backup policy.
- Implemented a disaster recovery procedure and scripts.
DevOps Engineer2013 - 2013Ferrari (through Spindox)
Technologies: Amazon AWS, EC2, Auto Scale, RDS, S3, CloudFront, Route 53, Beanstalk
- Migrated from classic hosting to a multi-zone cloud environment.
- Scaled infrastructure up to 3Mpv/month, enabling reaction to traffic peaks in less than 5 minutes (e.g. during F1 events traffic increases 10x, or 40x in the case of accidents).
- Implemented load tests using beeswithmachineguns.
- Reported results to top management.
- Implemented financial analysis on cost savings (>80%) and further improvements.
Software Architect, DevOps2012 - 2013Qurami
Technologies: Amazon AWS, Java, PHP
- Implemented server architecture based on Silex to provide a REST API for agents and clients. Was responsible for design, implementation, improvement, and maintenance.
- Handled remote Java agent design, implementation, and deployment on client premises.
- Implemented a feasibility study for communication between agents, the central server, and clients.
- Designed and implemented a message queuing system using jabber/XMPP then using Amazon SQS.
- Deployed and maintained automation through custom scripts.