Cloud Solution Architect Developer
Murat has been working in the IT industry for more than 20 years. With extensive network, system, and applications experience, he is able to relate the different requirements and provide clear insight into navigating the complex technology landscape. Murat's philosophy is to focus on building long-term relationships with clients, working with them to simplify their lives, and becoming a trusted partner rather than be just an outside consultant.
ExperienceIdentity & Access Management (IAM) - 20 yearsSecurity - 20 yearsCloud - 10 yearsAzure - 10 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 5 yearsInfrastructure as Code (IaC) - 3 yearsKubernetes - 2 yearsTerraform - 2 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure
The most amazing...
...projects I've completed help clients secure applications deployed on public cloud environments and protect them from sophisticated application layer attacks.
Cloud Security Architect | DevSecOps Engineer
- Designed the security architecture of multi-cloud hybrid infrastructure.
- Designed security as an integral part of SDLC and DevOps practices.
- Worked on IaC development for the deployment of designed solutions and architectures.
- Delivered POCs for new products and technologies, such as AWS Network Firewall, Snyk, and CrowdStrike in cloud environments.
Azure DevOps and Security Architect
- Documented Azure application’s security, privacy, compliance, reliability/resiliency, and intellectual property.
- Assessed the existing Azure environment(s). Collected data to build the document.
- Compared the existing environment against Azure CIS Foundation Benchmark, documenting implemented security controls and missing and recommended controls.
Cloud Security Architect
- Performed the audit and security review of the existing product, staging, and development environments on multiple AWS accounts.
- Completed GAP-analysis against the CIS Framework, PCI DSS, and SOC-2 requirements. Documented actions required for remediation of findings.
- Deployed, configured, and integrated AWS services, SecurityHub, Inspector, Macie, Config, CloudTrail, and CloudWatch.
DevOps and Cloud Security Engineer
Dentsu Aegis Network
- Oversaw the design of coud security perimeter on Azure and AWS.
- Developed Terraform automation code to deploy designed architecture components.
- Developed Terraform codes to implement infrastructure as a code (IaaC/IaaS) practices.
- Integrated automated infrastructure deployments into CI/CD pipelines.
- Designed, deployed, and configured cloud-native security solutions and also third-party security products on a multi-cloud environment.
Senior Application Delivery and Security Specialist
Opel Vauxhall Finance
- Deployed a new application delivery infrastructure.
- Supported application migrations between data centers.
- Managed remote access infrastructure and identity and access management.
- Developed TCL codes for application traffic manipulation and controls.
- Secured external and internal applications.
Contractor Security Architect
Derbyshire County Council in UK
- Deployed ADFS and F5 security products in Azure.
- Implemented layer 4 DDoS protection for ADFS service.
- Ensured L7 DoS protection for ADFS service.
- Built a high-availabile infrastructure for ADFS service.
Network and Security Architect
Nottinghamshire City Council
- Designed new application delivery infrastructure.
- Created and deployed high available, optimized, and secured access to applications.
- Deployed secure remote access to internal applications and VDI environment.
- Integrated a new solution with existing infrastructure and identity access management solution.
- Designed and deployed a Global Server Load Balancing solution to provide active-active and active-passive use of two datacenters.
Network and Security Architect
University of Lincoln
- Designed a new data center application delivery and security infrastructure.
- Planned a phased migration of applications from legacy data center to the new one while both data centers run in production in parallel.
- Created and deployed a high available application delivery infrastructure.
- Designed and deployed network and application firewall systems to provide Layer 3-7 protection.
- Developed customer TCL codes to integrate Cisco ISE and F5 Networks solutions to provide controlled Wi-Fi and remote access to the campus network.
- Designed and deployed of Global Server Load Balancing infrastructure for active-active operation of old and new datacenters together with active-passive operation of new and disaster recover datacenters for business continuity.
Ofgem (Gas and Electricty Markets Authority)
- Migrated local applications to the cloud.
- Deployed web application firewall and configured to secure application access.
- Set up remote access infrastructure to enable users to access VDI environment.
- Maintained a high level of technical knowledge of F5 Networks and the relevant industry.
- Participated in the development and support of presentations for customers and partners.
- Articulated technical elements of the F5 value proposition to customers and partners.
- Provided complex design and systems engineering configurations.
- Partnered with product development and product management to assist with Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases.
- Contributed to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for customers and/or partners.
- Handled direct sales in all financial accounts including banks and insurance companies.
- Sold the Teradata solution portfolio products including software, professional services, hardware, and support services. This included products such as Customer Retention Management Solutions, Campaign Management Solutions, Scale-able Data Warehousing, Customer Interaction Solutions, Teradata database software, and Object Relational technologies and specific solutions on finance segment.
- Interfaced with contacts at all levels, including those at director and executive management CXO levels, in both the IT and the business community.
- Effectively advised and influenced customers through consultative selling techniques.
- Closed profitable Teradata high scale data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services.
Solution Architect - Consultant
- Served as the technical lead of Governmental Disaster Insurance Intuition project. Provided the design and implementation of the entire infrastructure.
- Performed risk assessment, security review, security policies development and security solutions design/implementation for customers in different industries.
- Provided on-site network and security consultancy for a GSM operator.
- Served as the technical project lead of Security Risk Assessment and Ethical Hacking Projects.
- Provided technical lead services for a Business Continuity project which has the national best integration project award in Turkey.
- Integrated existing and new services to SDPA (Service Delivery Platform Architecture) environment of a GSM operator as a solution architect.
- Consulted for Enterprise Networking, IT Security, IT Service Management, Identity and Access Management, Managed Services (outsourcing) projects.
DoS/DDoS Protection for Cloud-based Applications
Development of Code to Distribute User Traffic Between Data Centers
The solution captures end-user IMEI/IMSI data and query against centralized Oracle database to find out the details of that specific user. The user is redirected automatically based on their subscription details to the corresponding data center.
This custom solution saved hundreds of thousand dollars of the mobile operator.
Development of Code to Integrate IAM Solution Components
The developed solution tracks, captures, and makes available the critical information to all solution components during the full cycle of user identification, authentication, and authorization.
Powershell and Perl-based Code Development for Automation and Multi-tenant Management of F5 Products
Python and Perl-based Codes for Automation and Integration
Development of Codes to Integrate F5 APM and Airwatch MDM Solutions
High Availability for Application Access in Azure and AWS Environments
Advanced Security in Azure and AWS Environments
Integration of Third-party Cloud-based Applications (SaaS) With Corporate User Directories
MQL4 and MQL5-based Automated Trading Systems
Development of Codes for Application Traffic Control
Design, Deployment, and Terraform Automation of Cloud Landing Zone
Audit and Security Review of an Existing AWS Environment
SAML, Tcl, Perl, SQL, C, Python, MQL4, MQL5
VPN, AWS CloudTrail, Amazon CloudWatch, Syslog, Ansible, Terraform, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Splunk, ADFS, Helm, Jenkins, Cisco Webex Meetings Server, SAP Concur, NGINX
DevOps, DevSecOps, DDoS, ITIL, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Business Intelligence (BI), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, Automation
Unix, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, Salesforce
Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security
APM, SMTP, PKI, Single Sign-on (SSO), Enterprise, Networks, ITSM, Security Architecture, Threat Intelligence, Writing & Editing, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Testing, Security Analysis, Dynamic Load Balancing, Load Balancers, CISSP, IT Service Management (ITSM), Network Monitoring, Continuous Monitoring, Monitoring, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR), SSL Configurations, SSL Certificates, SSL, Firewalls, Web Application Firewall (WAF), DNS Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), DNS Servers, DNS, ASA Firewalls, Cisco Networking, Unix Shell Scripting, Identity & Access Management (IAM), F5 Networks, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud, Web App Security, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Kerberos, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), PCI DSS, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), SaaS, IaaS, PCI, SoC, Audits, GAP Analysis, AWS Transit Gateway, AWS Security Hub, Amazon Route 53, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Computer Engineering, Consulting, Cloud Security, Containerization
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
Ege Univerisy - Izmir, Turkey
F5 Certified Solution Expert - Cloud (402)
AWS Certified Solution Architect
F5 Technology Specialist - APM - 304
F5 Technology Specialist - ASM - 303
F5 Technology Specialist - DNS/GTM - 302
F5 Technology Specialist - LTM - 301a & 301b
F5 Certified Solution Expert - Security (401)