Mustafa Ahmed Mustafa Shoaib
Verified Expert in Engineering
Mustafa is a passionate software engineer who kicked off his career by working as a full-stack developer at GISCON in Egypt, focusing on .NET and React. With a desire to expand his skills and experiences, Mustafa soon managed to work for American enterprises like BioReference Laboratories and GeneDx using .NET, Angular, React, and Azure, acting as lead engineer in migrating the IAM solution of GeneDx's services and applications.
Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, Redmine, GitHub, GitKraken, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
The most amazing...
...feat of my career is acting as lead engineer in migrating the IAM solution of services and applications that contributed to more than 75% of the revenue.
Senior Software Engineer
- Led the design and development of the IAM solution for the services and applications that contribute to 75% of the company's revenue using Azure AD B2C, .NET, and AngularJS.
- Designed and implemented a solution that allowed 60% of the user base to seamlessly sign in to the new identity provider, Azure AD B2C, without resetting their password.
- Developed Azure AD B2C custom policies, achieving tailored user flows and saving 40% in potential expenses by avoiding costly alternative identity provider adoption.
- Designed and implemented the integration and exchange of user claims between B2C and Salesforce to ensure HIPAA compliance by exclusively storing PHI data at Salesforce.
- Designed and implemented a React single‑page app deployed at Azure Storage for customized Azure AD B2C screens.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented a state machine using XState and TypeScript that managed the state of users in our React app.
- Developed a feature in React based on designs at Figma that allowed users to view lab results progress and lab reports.
- Developed an Axios agent in TypeScript that allowed developers to make type-enforced RESTful API requests in our React app.
- Developed a GraphQL agent in TypeScript that allowed developers to load static content, such as articles and audio, within our React app from Pimcore.
- Designed and implemented a React-driven interactive report generator featuring customizable drag-and-drop widgets for text, images, and GIS maps, resulting in a 40% rise in feature usage.
- Designed and implemented an audit module in C# that logs RESTful requests and Entity Framework database transactions across four major .NET back-end services for streamlined troubleshooting and debugging.
- Enhanced SQL Server Agent's email functionality by developing custom RESTful API endpoints in .NET with Razor email templates for personalized and detailed notifications.
- Optimized our React app's build time and bundle size by 15% through strategic implementation of higher-order components.
Software Engineer (Intern)
- Developed the UI of an internal web application using AngularJS for IBM employees to reserve rooms on the premises.
- Developed the RESTful API endpoints of a room-reserving web application using Spring Boot.
- Developed a database schema utilizing MySQL and integrated it with a Spring Boot backend, ensuring proper data management.
Computer Science and Software Engineering Educational Platform
It is backed by a .NET back end hosted on Amazon EC2 instances that receive requests through Amazon API Gateway. It acts as a load balancer and a gateway for request and response transformations.
The database used is Amazon RDS. The application is a single-page application (SPA) developed using React and hosted as a static website on Amazon S3.
It uses Amazon Cognito for the authentication and authorization services and utilizes Amazon's content delivery network (CDN) using Amazon CloudFront distributions for reducing latency in serving geographically distant requests.
A CI/CD pipeline is used in development when making deployments using AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodePipeline.
Social Event Planner
For the sake of scalability, the command query responsibility segregation (CQRS) pattern is used alongside the mediator pattern to distinguish between reading and writing operations for read-optimized and write-optimized databases accordingly.
This single-page application (SPA) developed in React uses MobX for state management and Axios to send requests to the REST endpoints. The application also includes a real-time chat feature implemented using SignalR.
The project involves the actual platform with product searches, a fully-featured shopping cart with PayPal and credit/debit card payments, and a product rating and review system. Additionally, an admin area was created to manage customers, products, and orders.
.NET, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, Next.js, Razor Pages, Jest, Cypress, AngularJS, Redux, Express.js, Spring 4, NestJS
React, Entity Framework, REST APIs, ArcGIS, Node.js, MobX, SignalR, Auth0 API
Slack, Redmine, GitHub, Git, Visual Studio, Postman, Camunda BPM, Sentry, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS CodeBuild, Amazon Cognito, Terraform, Trello, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Auth0, Figma
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile, REST, HIPAA Compliance
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows Server, Docker, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Pimcore, Salesforce, MuleSoft, Vercel
Data Structures, Algorithms, GitKraken, Single-page Applications (SPA), APIs, Full-stack, Back-end, Web Development, Front-end, Software Engineering, OOP Designs, AWS Cloud Development, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), CI/CD Pipelines, Axios, Machine Learning, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon RDS, Storybook, XState, Microsoft Graph API, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), eCommerce, Online Ordering, TypeORM
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Azure Active Directory, MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Cairo University - Cairo, Egypt
Building Modern Node.js Applications on AWS
AWS Fundamentals: Building Serverless Applications
AWS Cloud Technical Essentials
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring