Managing Consultant2017 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Java, Git, Jira, AWS
- Managed remote devops teams for production SaaS products providing 24/7 SaaS support to maintain SLA of 99.99% uptime for hosted products.
- Worked closely with engineering teams to roll out product deployment and releases while enhancing product SLAs.
- Continuously optimized hosting costs for the underlying infrastructure. I was able to reduce AWS hosting costs for multiple products by $2 million over a period of 12 months.
- Led several acquisitions for hosted SaaS products ensuring proper transfer of operations and devops activities.
- Managed lift-and-shift activities for acquired products to move them from legacy data centers to AWS without impacting customers or product SLAs.
- Led efforts to automate CI\CD pipelines and deployment procedures in order to enhance product uptime and optimize the operations.
- Developed and maintained disaster recovery plans for hosted products.
- Developed and maintained change management and incident management processes.
- Developed metrics for remote teams to increase throughput\productivity and lower cost per unit.
Principal Software Architect2008 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MongoDB, Redis, AWS DynamoDB, Microservices, Dropwizard, Spring, Nginx, Ansible, AWS, Python, Java
- Provided end-to-end solutions for complex technical problems that include technology stack selection, hardware sizing, high-level and component-level designs, and algorithm design.
- Architected and implemented cloud solutions using AWS and MS Azure.
- Delivered an implementation for proposed solutions including development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Provided advice to enable startups to create innovative SaaS solutions on the cloud.
- Built and delivered multiple APIs projects utilizing relational DBs and NoSQL DBs, including DynamoDB and MongoDB.
SOA Architect2012 - 2015Etisalat Misr
Technologies: TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid, BPM, TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM, TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS), TIBCO, Web Services, SOAP, XPath, XSLT, XML, Oracle 11g, SQL, Jakarta EE, J2SE
- Analyzed enterprise applications to design and roll out technical EAI and SOA solutions using message-driven and event-driven architectures.
- Designed canonical standardized data models to provide a common structure for data mapping between the applications.
- Implemented real-time services used to support large-scale software integration and ensure that services were highly available and load balanced.
- Ran performance analysis for the implemented services.
- Defined specifications and templates for services and architecture artifacts.
- Validated a non-functional requirement for services and architecture.
- Built Java modules that enhanced the performance and integration between enterprise applications and back-end systems.
- Implemented an automation of large-scale processes using TIBCO BPM.
- Managed the installation of ESB, FOM, and BPM environments using the TIBCO stack.
- Participated as an SOA architect in a CRM transformation project to migrate existing enterprise applications using Siebel for CRM and TIBCO for middleware.
Applications Architect2010 - 2012Etisalat Misr
Technologies: Web Services, JAX-WS, Mail, Java, JVisualVM, WebLogic, JBoss, XSD, XSLT, XML, Eclipse, Oracle, JDBC, JSF, Ant, JPA, EJB3, Jakarta EE, J2SE
- Delivered and maintained large-scale enterprise applications to enhance and automate business operations.
- Developed enterprise applications.
- Provided solutions for businesses from a technical perspective.
- Analyzed the impact of and assessed the changes on existing applications.
- Monitored a production application through KPIs and provided support when needed.
- Built application models compliant with SID standards.
- Participated as lead engineer and architect in designing and building a fully functional end-to-end order management and product catalogue.
- Applied performance tuning procedures to enhance the performance and memory consumption of a large-scale J2EE application.
- Gained direct experience in SID, eTom, mobile number portability, business processes automation, product fulfillment and provisioning, order management, and product catalogues.
IT Specialist2008 - 2010IBM, Egypt
Technologies: Web Services, Java, WebSphere, Jakarta EE, EJB, JSF, Servlets, JSP, IBM Db2, IBM MQ, Spring, XSD, XSLT, XML, J2SE
- Designed and developed J2EE applications using IBM technologies.
- Implemented integration solutions for back-end systems.
- Managed customers’ requests, deployment, and UAT.
- Conducted training on delivered solutions for business users.
- Participated in the reviewing and writing process for new proposals.
- Gained direct experience in banking, digital archiving, and content management systems.
Consultant2007 - 2008Etisalat Misr
Technologies: Web Services, JAX-WS, JavaMail, JBoss, XSD, XSLT, XML, Eclipse, Oracle, JDBC, JSF, Ant, JPA, EJB3, Jakarta EE, J2SE
- Developed enterprise applications.
- Managed the release of various applications and conducted UAT for business users.
- Provided integration solutions for back-end systems.
- Implemented product fulfillment and provisioning flows.
- Built front-end UI for a retail order capturing system.
Software Engineer2006 - 2007CentriVision
Technologies: Spring, Eclipse, Java
- Developed custom applications.
- Deployed applications for production.
- Organized and presented knowledge in transfer sessions.
- Handled customers requests and attended UAT.
- Provided unit testing and bug fixing for the code.