Staff Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTASAPP
- Lead a team of five developers that successfully delivered multiple client-facing projects.
- Shared expertise to team members across multiple teams by presenting at weekly educational sessions.
- Created a development environment to majorly improve developer productivity across company with docker-compose and Nginx.
- Reduced CircleCI build time by 30 minutes for the top five active services by utilizing CircleCI cache and optimizing the build scripts.
- Created a Node.js utility library used across all Node.js services with built-in request scoped logging and metrics recording.
- Pushed the team-owned service to be the first on the CI/CD pipeline utilizing CircleCI, Spinnaker, and Kubernetes.
Lead Software Engineer2016 - 2018Lifion, by ADP
- Led a team of six to successfully deliver on five sprints by promoting knowledge sharing between team members.
- Designed an end-to-end testing framework with configurable concurrency using JEST, Selenium, and Docker.
- Designed and implemented horizontally scalable WebSocket service using Node.js and Kafka.
- Improved code quality on projects by introducing Prettier, tightening ESLint rules, and implementing pre-commit hooks.
- Improved web application performance by up to 80% by finding hot paths using Chrome DevTools and optimizing them.
- Reduced Docker image size by up to 1GB for over 50 services by optimizing Dockerfile and utilizing multi-stage builds.
- Reduced build time by up to an hour for over 50 services by using a Docker cache and prebuilding NPM binary packages.
- Cleaned up API projects by upgrading to newer Node.js versions and removing Babel transpilation.
Application Developer2011 - 2016Dow Jones
- Developed highly responsive web applications using ASP.NET and Node.js.
- Created multiple successful POCs that became real projects.
- Integrated Storyful data into Dow Jones’ products using REST API.
- Provided analysis on .NET unit test frameworks that lead to a company-wide decision.
- Developed a WinForms application using the Task Parallel Library to load test back-end services.
- Implemented WCF-based infrastructure to ease development and consumption of back-end services.
- Hosted Node.js workshops for multiple development teams to ease the switch to new technology.
- Constructed the core page framework with Node.js for DJX, Dow Jones largest project of 2013.
- Created a Node.js library to consume existing WSDL-based web services.
.NET Consultant2007 - 2010Marlabs
- Improved performance of a product by replacing ASP.NET UpdatePanel with true Ajax.
- Improved web pages' load times by optimizing JS, CSS, and images.
- Converted projects from .NET 2.0 (Visual Studio 2005) to .NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008).
- Designed a new database for storing user-customized news pages and their properties.
- Developed a database and web UI for managing internalization resources.
- Analyzed the relationships between business components using .NET Reflector.
Computer Programmer2008 - 2008University of Hawaii
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, Apache, Linux
- Worked on the University of Hawaii Identity Management Console (UHIMC).
- Developed disk quota management and daily report scripts for the UHIMC system.
- Analyzed and tested the university’s White Pages management system.