Verified Expert in Engineering
HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Developer
Nemanja started seven years ago as a web developer on the LAMP stack. Through the years, he has moved from custom CMS projects to enterprise-scale, high-availability platform Java development. Thanks to his broad technical experience, he spent several years working on OTT/IPTV streaming platform development as a Java Core senior engineer. Today he's an OTT/IPTV System Architect responsible for strategic planning of the OTT/IPTV platform for one of the leading industry players in Europe.
Git, MacOS, IntelliJ IDEA, iTerm2
The most amazing...
...thing I've implemented are DRM (MPEG-CENC) protection encryption algorithms for an OTT/IPTV mixer service.
- Designed a microservice-oriented architecture for existing monolithic software.
- Created and managed the team developing real-time AD insertion to linear content streams.
- Oversaw and designed the migration to continuous deployment and Kubernetes deployment.
- Managed the transition from a legacy monolithic application to modern application deployment following best industry standards in the development and deployment process.
- Developed a runner time tracker application using AngularJS/Silex technology stack.
- Developed a REST API with Java (Spring).
- Created a skeleton development environment based on Vagrant for quick start on a single-page application with PHP back-end.
- Practiced behavior-driven development based on Behat, Mink, and Chai.
- Created a dynamic image resize component with caching mechanism.
Senior Technical Team Leader
- Translated business requirements to architecture decisions.
- Designed a high-volume transaction system for card processing.
- Configurated and deployed for K8s clusters using GitLab CI/CD pipelines.
Java Practice Lead
- Increased number of developers hired from four to more than ten in a year.
- Hold several tech talks internally and externally to support hiring and company brand promotion.
- Standardized the interview process for new employees in cooperation with the HR department.
- Made sure all employees had clear development paths and regular follow-ups to discuss progress and provide feedback.
Java Core Senior Developer
- Implemented MPEG-CENC and multicast packet distribution.
- Introduced CI to the build process using Jenkins/Gradle/Nexus.
- Integrated Multi DRM support for Widevine, PlayReady, and FairPlay platforms.
- Worked with native SmartTV platforms on video playback.
Seven Bridges Genomics
- Programmed a JPA library for REST API CRUD operations.
- Refactored a legacy billing system.
- Designed a permission microservice.
- Designed and built a proof of concept for JWT OAuth.
- Achieved 100x speed improvement of the REST API endpoint for large dataset.
Gampets (via Toptal)
- Configured EC2.
- Configured RDS.
- Deployed a WP site to AWS.
- Configured DNS for new environment.
- Suggested the least expensive solution to support customer needs.
- Configured and integrated Gearman Job Server with PHP for offloading heavy background tasks.
- Architected a scalable Java application to support a large number of requests using AWS services.
- Built a Publish/Subscribe component that uses AWS SQS as a queue service.
- Integrated with PayPal checkout payments.
- Worked as the main developer on http://brandsupply.com platform for graphic designers.
- Developed a daily deals affiliate platform with automatic system for updating daily deals from 10+ deal sites.
- Built a web platform for administration of distributed mini sites through a centralized back-end application.
- Created a project management tool for internal use.
- Programmed a CodeIgniter extension for advanced routing system that is fully configurable through the back-end application.
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, MySQL, PDO, Guzzle, PayPal PHP SDK
Once a 3D model is created, we provide an immersive, quick, web-based 3D environment with innovative tools to help potential home buyers visualize the interior of a home and for homeowners to try the furniture and make home improvements in their virtual home.
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework 2, Gearman, AWS, ThreeJS, jQuery, PayPal Checkout integration
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, MySQL, Bootstrap CSS, jQuery
There is a transcoding pipeline application for ingesting VOD (on-demand, non-linear) content into the platform. CDN distribution and monitoring are also developed as part of the platform.
AWS SDK, Amazon CloudWatch, PhpStorm, Sublime Text, Git, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), IntelliJ IDEA
API Architecture, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Back-end Architecture, Distributed Programming, Scrum
Video Streaming, Digital Rights Management (DRM), HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), MPEG-DASH, Architecture, Back-end, Software Architecture, H264, MPEG, TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, DNS, Smooth Streaming, Video Encoding, Cloud, Relational Database Services (RDS), HTTP, iTerm2, System Architecture
Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Jersey
FFmpeg, PayPal API, Jackson
Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Unix, Windows, Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, MacOS
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB, CockroachDB, CouchDB