Software Developer in Beograd, Serbia
Java Core Senior Developer2016 - PRESENTUnited.Cloud
Technologies: Java, FFmpeg, H264, TS/FMP4, DRM, MPEG-CENC
- Implemented MPEG-CENC and multicast packet distribution.
- Introduced CI to the build process using Jenkins/Gradle/Nexus.
- Developed MultiDRM for OTT/IPTV.
- Supported native video players in SmartTV.
Owner2015 - PRESENTKNetwork Solutions
Technologies: PHP, Silex, MySQL, MongoDB, AngularJS, React.js, Java, Spring
- Developed a runner time tracker application using AngularJS/Silex technology stack.
- Developed a REST API with Java (Spring).
- Created a skeleton development environment based on Vagrant for quick start on a single-page application with PHP back-end.
- Practiced behavior-driven development based on Behat, Mink, and Chai.
- Created a dynamic image resize component with caching mechanism.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Seven Bridges Genomics
Technologies: Java, Jersey, Hibernate, JPA, Jackson
- Programmed a JPA library for REST API CRUD operations.
- Refactored a legacy billing system.
- Designed a permission microservice.
- Designed and built a proof of concept for JWT OAuth.
- Achieved 100x speed improvement of the REST API endpoint for large dataset.
WordPress/AWS Developer2015 - 2015Gampets (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, AWS, EC2, RDS
- Configured EC2.
- Configured RDS.
- Deployed a WP site to AWS.
- Configured DNS for new environment.
- Suggested the least expensive solution to support customer needs.
CTO2015 - 2015FishingBooker
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, React.js, jQuery, MySQL
- Designed and implemented a booking system.
- Integrated with PayPal Hosted and PayPal PHP SDK for automatic authorization/capturing funds.
- Integrated with Pipedrive API.
- Implemented background processor tasks that use MySQL table as a priority queue.
- Refactored CodeIgniter code to follow DDD idea and fully utilize new PHP 5.4 functionalities.
- Designed and developed a simple ORM solution based on PDO extension.
Software Engineer2012 - 2015PSTech
Technologies: PHP, Gearman, Three.js, Java, Spring, AWS (multiple services), AngularJS, React.js
- Configured and integrated Gearman Job Server with PHP for offloading heavy background tasks.
- Architected a scalable Java application to support a large number of requests using AWS services.
- Built a Publish/Subscribe component that uses AWS SQS as a queue service.
- Integrated with PayPal checkout payments.
Web Developer2010 - 2012CodeAnvil
- Worked as the main developer on http://brandsupply.com platform for graphic designers.
- Developed a daily deals affiliate platform with automatic system for updating daily deals from 10+ deal sites.
- Built a web platform for administration of distributed mini sites through a centralized back-end application.
- Created a project management tool for internal use.
- Programmed a CodeIgniter extension for advanced routing system that is fully configurable through the back-end application.
- FishingBooker (Development)https://fishingbooker.com
FishingBooker is a startup passionate about fishing that connects captains with people looking to book a charter online. My responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, MySQL, PDO, Guzzle, PayPal PHP SDK
- InsideMaps (Development)https://www.insidemaps.com/
InsideMaps is a smartphone/tablet app that allows users to easily create a 3D model and floor plan of their home.
Once a 3D model is created, we provide an immersive, quick, web-based 3D environment with innovative tools to help potential home buyers visualize the interior of a home and for homeowners to try furniture and make home improvements in their virtual home.
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework 2, Gearman, AWS, ThreeJS, jQuery, PayPal Checkout integration
- XooPlate (Development)http://xoo.me/
XooPlate is a gallery of free templates for different purposes. It has more than a million free templates at the moment available for free download. My job as a web developer was to refactor the current v2 system to v3 and implement responsive design elements. Another big task was optimization. It was my responsibility to optimize it as much as possible so it becomes much smoother and quicker for the visitors. We successfully launched v3 on April 5, 2013.
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, MySQL, Bootstrap CSS, jQuery
LanguagesJava, Java 8
ToolsAWS SDK, AWS CloudWatch, Amazon SQS
ParadigmsREST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Distributed Programming, Scrum
OtherDigital Rights Management (DRM), HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), MPEG-DASH, High Availability, Video Encoding
FrameworksSpring, JPA, Hibernate, Jersey, Zend Framework
Libraries/APIsPayPal API, Jackson
PlatformsAWS EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Unix
StorageAWS S3, MongoDB, MySQL, CouchDB