DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer2016 - PRESENTthredUP (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Capistrano, Chef, Terraform, Ansible, AWS
- Created the AWS infrastructure automation—migrating CloudFormation and Chef cookbooks to Terraform and Ansible.
- Updated the services deployment process (Capistrano).
- Separated the application environments via different VPC and AWS accounts.
- Implemented a new application environments deployment automation system.
- Modified the infrastructure to make it more cost-effective.
DevOps Engineer2013 - 2017Kharkiv Local IT Company
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), M, GitLab, Bitcoin, Redis, MySQL, PHP, Monit, TeamCity, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Go, Node.js, Python
- Wrote server daemons (Golang, Python, Node.js), mostly for monitoring, alerts, and integration.
- Implemented AWS infrastructure management and automation.
- Gained Docker production experience.
- Created and maintained CI and CD processes using TeamCity, Ansible, and custom Python scripts.
- Monitored and administered an alert system (sometimes writing custom daemons and tools) using Monit and M/Monit and a Dashing framework as an additional dashboard.
- Performed server provisioning with Ansible as a configuration management tool.
- Implemented some server-side programming tasks (Redis sentinel management, service discovery, reconfiguration, and more).
- Maintained Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency daemons, designed and implemented a deposit/withdrawal processes for cryptocurrencies and fiat money. Wrote a universal OOP-based framework so you can easily add new payment gates to the system.
University Teacher2011 - 2015National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute"
- Wrote lectures, helped with lessons, and administered labs.
- Curated students' scientific projects and master degree diploma projects.
- Taught computer network programming, the theory of programming, Linux basics, and web development.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Citat
- Worked as a full-stack web developer—creating complex web solutions; both the back end and front end.
- Led a three-person team.
- Taught to the company's non-IT personnel web development basics (basic web development concepts, how the internet works, networks, encoding, DNS, HTTP, HTML, CSS, and more).
- Communicated directly with client's managers for business requirement clarification, made estimates, and planning.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Freelance Work
- Worked directly with foreign clients—helping them to meet their business needs.
- Helped a courier service in San Diego to take their business online to the internet. Implemented online delivery calculation and payment.
- Coded and maintained a popular high-load WordPress blog of a famous US author.
- Worked as a contractor for big US media company based in San Francisco. Worked on web development and led a team. Created multiple content websites with rich UI features and administrative panels.
Web Developer2008 - 2011JustCoded
- Created many web applications as a full-stack web developer using frameworks and various types of CMS.
- Made project estimates and managed projects.
- Led a dedicated team that worked on a startup.
- Communicated directly with clients and helped them to formulate their requirements.