Verified Expert in Engineering
Although Ozan's professional career in development began fairly recently, he’s been coding since the age of 12, progressing to the use of C#, C++, and MATLAB in college. After spending three years working in financial markets/banking (mainly Excel, VBA, SQL), he made the move to the startup world by co-founding omXlabs, an enterprise software startup targeting financial institutions. Currently, he’s focusing on development with Node.js and React.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a hedging model for a bank's credit card portfolio.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Worked as the sole front-end engineer in a transportation management system project.
- Created back-end services using the Spring Framework (Kotlin) and Node.js.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Worked on three corporate projects for the largest communication network and second-largest insurance company in Turkey.
- Developed data-intensive applications with complex business rules using Angular and React.
- Single-handedly coded the front-end of a type of document indexing software along with a custom UI and document rendering.
- Supported a React-based front end on a transformation project.
- Worked on asset-liability management software developed with C#, WPF, and Entity Framework.
- Developed an open banking-related project using React and Node.js.
- Implemented a FIX protocol using C#.
Fixed Income Trader
- Day-traded fixed income securities and interest rate derivatives.
- Developed reporting-and-valuation tools for bond, swap and repo portfolios with Excel, VBA, and SQL.
- Wrote simulation algorithms for public bond issues and coupon rate estimation with Node.js.
Asset Liability Manager
- Modeled and managed a hedging portfolio for a bank's credit card book.
- Developed reporting tools related to the bank's deposit, loan, and hedging portfolios with Excel, VBA, and SQL.
- Constructed a Django-based reporting platform which uses the enterprise data warehouse of the bank as a data store.
- Wrote a paper titled, Yield Curve Estimation in EM.
- Implemented several yield-curve models including McCulloch, Nelson-Siegel, and Svennson.
- Utilized non-linear optimization algorithms such as Newton-Gauss, generalized reduced gradient, and others.
CRM System for SambaPOS
The portal was used to manage customer licenses for the product and the headquarters and retailers used it intensively. It included several licensing and promotion schemes and analytics for the headquarter's sales crew.
Financial Software for Transportation Industry
Insurance Sales Portal
Angular, Redux, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Ruby on Rails 5, Spring, Django, Django REST Framework
RxJS, NgRx, Node.js, React, Entity Framework
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL
EF6 Code First
Git, MATLAB, Microsoft Excel
Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering
Boğaziçi University - Istanbul, Turkey
Erasmus Exchange Programme in Management Engineering
Università degli studi di Roma — La Sapienza - Rome, Italy
Level II of CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)