Senior Technical DevOps Engineer2020 - 2022Emirates Group
Technologies: OpenShift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS, AppDynamics, Splunk, Python, Bash, Terraform, Amazon EKS, AWS RDS, Ansible, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Managed different development teams in adopting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, infrastructure as code in Terraform, containerization in OpenShift and EKS, observability tools, and amplified feedback loops.
- Designed and implemented end-to-end CI/CD GitOps pilot for the entire company, passing from all-legacy processes to a contained, scalable and automated solution in OpenShift with observability tools integration.
- Migrated seven applications in Python from on-premises to Kubernetes in AWS EKS. The infrastructure was fully defined as code, and the CI/CD processes were implemented in Jenkins with JTE templates.
- Promoted from managing the DevSecOps practices adoption and the systems' reliability for one project to managing the entire portfolio of the commercial area.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2019Property Finder
Technologies: AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Datadog, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon EKS, AWS RDS, Amazon Aurora, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Architecture, Networking, Security, Subnets, VPN
- Managed the adoption of Terraform for the AWS infrastructure to include 99% of the cloud resources, contributing with this to the fast deployment of new environments, monitoring integration, and disaster recovery activities.
- Supported the migration of five core apps from EC2 to Kubernetes in production, using infrastructure as code in Terraform and CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins with deployment and rollback capabilities with Helm.
- Implemented a project to migrate the company's 20 blogs from standalone instances to a containerized, highly available and scalable solution using Docker, ECS, spot instances, and Aurora.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2018Kairos Digital Solutions
Technologies: AWS, Terraform, Bamboo, Jenkins, Docker, Jira, Python, Bash, Architecture
- Managed the cloud infrastructure in AWS and implemented CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins for the business intelligence platform for Coca-Cola Spain, achieving a reduction of 50% of the billing costs and removing external providers' fees.
- Supported the company in the DevOps engineers interviews, internal infrastructure projects, blog content, and expanding clients. During this period the company grew up from 10 employees in Spain to around 200 in four countries.
- Promoted to manage, essentially from the United States, the DevOps practices adoption, AWS infrastructure, and Jenkins CI/CD pipelines for the US version of the BBVA API platform project.
Professor of Amazon Web Services2015 - 2015U-Tad
Technologies: AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Taught the AWS module for the Master of Cloud Expert in 2015 class.
- Awarded an AWS Education Grant for sharing credits with the students.
- Prepared from zero the whole material for the class, including presentations, exams, and projects. I supported three students in their final master's project.