DevOps Engineer and Developer
Pablo is an IT professional with a decade of experience focused on contributing to development teams to adopt DevSecOps practices such as continuous integration and delivery, infrastructure as code, automation, and observability. He has worked across the world with startups and corporations such as Emirates, Coca-Cola, and BBVA, always bringing value in terms of increasing teams' productivity, infrastructure cost reduction, and site reliability management.
ExperienceJenkins - 6 yearsDevOps - 6 yearsAnsible - 4 yearsDocker - 4 yearsKubernetes - 3 yearsTerraform - 3 yearsOpenShift - 2 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Jenkins, Python, OpenShift, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, DevOps
The most amazing...
...thing I've created was an end-to-end CI/CD GitOps pipeline, moving from all-legacy processes to a K8s containerized, automated, and reliable Jenkins solution.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Contributed to the design and implementation of the company's observability platform using Amazon OpenSearch, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus, Amazon Managed Grafana, and Slack notifications.
- Helped to design and implement the company's CI/CD platform for deploying applications to Amazon EKS clusters using Terragrunt, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and ArgoCD.
- Supported the development teams in the automation and continuous improvements of the current production systems in Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, and Amazon ECS.
Senior Technical DevOps Engineer
- Managed different development teams in adopting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, infrastructure as code in Terraform, containerization in OpenShift and EKS, observability tools, and amplified feedback loops.
- Designed and implemented an end-to-end CI/CD GitOps pilot for the company, passing from all-legacy processes to a contained, scalable, and automated solution in OpenShift with observability tools integration.
- Migrated seven applications in Python from on-premises to Kubernetes in Amazon EKS. The infrastructure was fully defined as code, and the CI/CD processes were implemented in Jenkins with JTE templates.
- Promoted from managing the DevSecOps practices adoption and the systems' reliability for one project to managing the entire portfolio of the commercial area, consisting of 15+ active projects.
- Managed the adoption of Terraform for the AWS infrastructure to include 99% of the cloud resources, contributing with this to the fast deployment of new environments, monitoring integration, and disaster recovery activities.
- Supported the migration of five core apps from EC2 to Kubernetes in production, using infrastructure as code in Terraform and CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins with deployment and rollback capabilities with Helm.
- Implemented a project to migrate the company's 20 blogs from standalone instances to a containerized, highly available and scalable solution using Docker, ECS, spot instances, and Aurora.
Kairos Digital Solutions
- Managed the cloud infrastructure in AWS and implemented CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins for the business intelligence platform for Coca-Cola Spain, achieving a reduction of 50% of the billing costs and removing external providers' fees.
- Supported the company in the DevOps engineers interviews, internal infrastructure projects, blog content, and expanding clients. During this period the company grew up from 10 employees in Spain to around 200 in four countries.
- Promoted to manage, essentially from the United States, the DevOps practices adoption, AWS infrastructure, and Jenkins CI/CD pipelines for the US version of the BBVA API platform project.
Professor of Amazon Web Services
- Taught the AWS module for the Master of Cloud Expert in 2015 class.
- Awarded an AWS Education Grant for sharing credits with the students.
- Prepared from zero the whole material for the class, including presentations, exams, and projects. I supported three students in their final master's project.
I was part of the DevOps team behind the cloud infrastructure and deployment processes. I focused on migrating apps to Kubernetes, integrating AWS managed services such as Aurora Serverless, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch, and defining the full infrastructure resources and pipelines as code.
Sistema Academico Integral
I was the lead developer, system administrator, and project manager, interacting directly with the stakeholders to plan and implement new features and platform upgrades.
BBVA Open Platformhttps://www.bbvaapimarket.com/
I was a part of the DevOps team that supported the microservices architecture by deploying the resources in a scalable hybrid infrastructure in AWS and on-premises. I managed the adoption of DevSecOps practices in the US team regarding automation, continuous integration and delivery, and observability.
Terraform, Jenkins, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Jira, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Bamboo, Ansible, Apache, Amazon EKS, Bitbucket, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeBuild, ELK (Elastic Stack), AppDynamics, Splunk, Kibana, Vault, VPN, Travis CI, Grafana
DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Software Development, Scrum
OpenShift, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, AWS Lambda, Windows, PagerDuty
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, Datadog, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Amazon RDS, Cloud Infrastructure, CI/CD Pipelines, Subnet, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Software Engineering, IT Project Management, IT Networking, Architecture, Networking, AWS CodePipeline, Argo CD, Prometheus, GoCD, Consul, Bitbucket Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Amazon OpenSearch, Amazon EventBridge
Python, Bash, Java, PHP
Master's Degree in Information Technology
University Carlos III of Madrid - Spain
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
The Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education - Mexico
HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
CKA: Certified Kubernetes Administrator
The Linux Foundation
HashiCorp Certified: Vault Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional Level
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level
Amazon Web Services
Certified Associate in Project Managament (CAPM)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Sun Certified Programmer For The Java 2 Platform SE 5.0