Tech Lead | CEO2020 - PRESENTPixelAR Studio
Technologies: Augmented Reality (AR), WebAR, Vue.js, Laravel, Scrum
- Created an Augmented Reality CMS platform based on Laravel, Three.js and, Vue.js.
- Coordinated the research of a tech stack to create an accessible AR platform for the web, without the need for mobile apps.
- Conducted user research and beta test process, to validate the business proposition and evaluate potential improvements on the tool.
Full-stack Developer2017 - PRESENTMOR Associates
- Created a survey platform on Drupal that automated many steps on the routines of running hundreds of surveys for thousands of respondents a year, ranging from data collection to processing and reporting, connecting with other company systems.
- Proposed and implemented a next-generation platform on Laravel to consolidate three legacy systems, restructured the data model and workflows to automate even more work, and solve data and identity duplication issues.
- Introduced BI concepts and tools on the systems, to give the team more visibility and insights on data available on the platform.
AI Chatbot Developer2019 - 2020Bigger Brains (via Toptal)
Technologies: Laravel, Microsoft, Rasa.ai, Python
- Helped upgrade the project from a small chatbot MVP to a fully managed CMS chatbot, allowing end users to create content that interacts with NLP services.
- Helped the client consolidate the technology stack.
- Moved from Python, vanilla PHP, and Laravel on a shared server to a Python-based project on a cloud-based infrastructure, reducing maintainability and evolution costs.
Software Architect2015 - 2017Code to the Future (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Drupal
- Started this project as a brochure site with course sales; it has also become a platform to manage financial information with fine-grained permission control to allow a franchising structure to work on top of it.
- Used Drupal as technology to provide a flexible and fast jumpstart in the company process. Through the project evolution, Drupal was totally customized so that we could be benefited from the tool while having a much optimized UX for the client needs.
- Helped to find a simple but effective layout template to help the jump-start and migrate from WordPress. It helped the project for almost an year, when we hired a Toptal Designer to create a unique layout that we implemented afterwards.
Drupal 7 Developer2014 - 2014Winnin (via Toptal)
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Web Services, Drupal
- Created a data warehouse engine to make it easier to create different types of historical data series.
- Created a notification system for the website to periodically send reporting emails to users.
- Implemented data warehouses that consolidate data from Java web services and Drupal, making it easier to create valuable reports.
- Designed the API and engine data structure to be automatically recognized through the codebase, promoting a code that is easy to maintain and evolve over the time.
- Created an administrative interface to provide monitoring of the process and manual trigger when needed.
Founder, Sofware Architect2010 - 2014Singleview
Technologies: Plone, Python, Java, PHP, AngularJS, Apache Solr, Drupal, Agile Project Management, Product Ownership
- Developed a crowdfunding platform on top of Drupal and Drupal Commerce (http://benfeitoria.com).
- Developed a crowdsourcing platform on top of Drupal and Apache Solr (http://riomais.benfeitoria.com).
- Created a network documents' search tool based on Apache Solr, Apache Tika, and Drupal that crawls the local network and indexes contents from PDF and Office files (http://drupal.org/project/apachesolr_localfiles).
- Created a PCI-compliant Drupal module to enable the Brazilian payment gateway Moip as a viable payment tool for eCommerce with Drupal Commerce (http://drupal.org/project/moip).
- Created Drupal modules to avoid repetitive work on new projects, enabling better response times on development.
- Owned negotiating with potential clients, hired and managed developers (up to five), dealt with service providers, and developed partnerships—always balancing long-term investments with short-term restrictions—acting as the company's CEO.
Technology Consultant2010 - 2010Yamogu
Technologies: Adobe Flash, Flash ActionScript, Drupal, PHP, Python, Digital Signage, Scala
- Developed a digital signage content delivery network based on Drupal for content management and distribution. Integrated with Broadsign Digital Signage for content delivery to hundreds of buses running around the city of Rio de Janeiro.
- Created scrapers to integrate with partner content networks, consolidating data to be delivered.
- Created Adobe Flash templates to consume data via XML/JSON from the Drupal content delivery platform.
- Worked with web services to consume and provide data between corporate systems.
- Created a proof-of-concept platform on top of Drupal to integrate with the Scala digital signage platform, providing an entire new interface to the product.
Web Developer2007 - 2009Fluminense Federal University
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, Apache, Linux, Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, PHP, Hibernate, Spring, JBoss Seam, JSF, Jakarta EE, Agile Project Management
- Played an important role in the development and sysadmin management for the downsizing of the academic management system from the mainframe to J2EE architecture.
- Supported the decision-level executives with studies about the best technologies available for old and new demands, providing subsidies for decisions on when and what to develop.
- Managed the infrastructure of dozens of Drupal websites for departments, automating tasks to enable quick deployment and easy maintenance.
- Implemented a balanced environment infrastructure for hosting the online registration of more than 30,000 students.
- Introduced the idea of Drupal as a corporate system framework, proving that it can be more productive and cost-effective than J2EE for many kinds of projects.
- Hired, trained, and managed the work of junior developers, DevOps, and support staff.
- Took part on the IT management team, holding the responsibility to work on RFP, take quotations, and define systems architecture and budget.