- Freelance Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Cardamom (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, PETL, AWS
- Implemented the back-end for a social network using Django and Django REST Framework. This involved duplicating all features of the client's 37 KLOC PHP project, as well as adding new features, in 17 KLOC of Python.
- Integrated Google+ and Facebook authentication for this social network.
- Managed all staging and production environments on AWS, including ElasticBeanstalk hosting, RDS DB hosting, SQS communications queues, and SES email services for communication with users.
- Analyzed the client's prototype database and usage needs. Designed new, more rational DB schema. Built an ETL tool which could move and rationalize all data from the old DB to the new.
- Wrote comprehensive unit and integration tests.
- Prototyped a serverless Lambda implementation of the back-end.
- Freelance Back-end Developer2016 - 2016Bauxy (now Patch; via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, Django REST Framework, Python, Git, TDD, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, REST APIs, AWS, Aptible, HIPAA compliance
- Implemented a core API used by the flagship app using Python, Django, and the Django REST Framework. This app eased out-of-network medical insurance claims, and the back-end I wrote did all the work.
- Implemented several hundred unit and integration tests, testing both new and existing functionality.
- Ported the company's existing web app Flask to Django. This app handled third-party site scraping using customer-provided authentication.
- Prototyped continuous integration for the company.
- Testimonial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B093VsNivBgUYV93cmw3SjQ4eFVYbGpubEFYRC04UDIxQUNJ/view?usp=sharing.
- Blackhawk Pilot2007 - 2015US Army
Technologies: Sikorsky UH-60
- Logged approximately 650 hours of accident/incident-free flight.
- Spent 4 years in MEDEVAC.
- Deployed on 1 tour in Afghanistan.
- Based in Alabama, Korea, Germany, and Texas.
- Never fired a weapon in anger.