Founder2017 - PRESENTKubestack
Technologies: GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Amazon EKS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Maintained Kubestack, the open-source Terraform framework since December 2018, supporting AKS, EKS, and GKE managed Kubernetes.
- Provided documentation, tutorials, and content marketing and built a community around the open-source framework.
- Automated Kubernetes with GitOps using Terraform, making the process seamless for the teams from local development to production.
Director of Technology2018 - 2020Container Solutions
Technologies: Amazon EKS, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Kubernetes, Terraform, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Started Container Solution's SRE practice, hired the first team, and led the groundwork of how to provide SRE as a service to clients.
- Helped companies from finance to manufacturing adopt cloud-native best practices, including organizational changes and learning and adopting new processes and technologies.
- Led teams on software development and infrastructure automation projects for international clients.
- Started the company's Berlin branch and recruited and hired employees for the new office.
General Manager for EMEA2017 - 2018CoreOS
Technologies: CoreOS, Tectonic, Terraform, Prometheus, Kubernetes
- Led the engineering management and product management teams to integrate Prometheus as the monitoring solution into CoreOS' enterprise Kubernetes distribution Tectonic.
- Prototyped experimental integrations for Tectonic, including Google Cloud Platform, Packet, and VMware.
- Helped out as an early European sales engineering resource for partners and potential customers.
Managing Director for Germany2016 - 2017Exoscale
Technologies: Ansible, Python, Terraform, IaaS
- Introduced sign-up funnel analytics and experiments to iteratively increase conversion rates.
- Released open-source Ansible playbook for multi-master Kubernetes on Exoscale's IaaS solution.
- Contributed to product and content marketing to differentiate from other developer-focused cloud offerings.
Founder | CEO2009 - 2016cloudControl
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), IaaS, PaaS, Boto, Django, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Python
- Developed the PaaS technology and founded one of the world's first public PaaS providers, running production workloads in containers as early as 2011.
- Conducted 24/7 operations and provided customer support for thousands of virtual machines across multiple cloud providers and regions.
- Innovated in the early days of cloud and containers, being recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant report for PaaS twice.