DevOps Engineer2021 - PRESENTAragon Associates
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, GitHub, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Separated production from test environments by creating a separate GCP project and Kubernetes cluster.
- Simplified existing Kubernetes deployment using Helm charts.
- Assisted developers to deploy their application in a GCP Kubernetes Cluster.
Technical Writer with Python and Go2020 - PRESENTOkta
Technologies: Nginx, Elasticsearch, Tornado, Okta, Go, Python 3
- Developed an application and wrote an article on the Python Tornado framework with authentication.
- Built an application and wrote an article on Go and Gin securing it with authentication.
- Constructed Elasticsearch applications in Python and Go and wrote articles on them.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)2020 - 2020Etison
Technologies: Nginx, Linux, Architecture, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Ported four applications from the Heroku/AWS cloud to the Google Cloud Platform.
- Assisted three teams of developers to port their applications to GCP.
- Created Docker builds to containerize legacy application.
- Deployed applications in GKE using Helm and CircleCI.
- Created Kubernetes clusters in GCP/GKE and configured IAM permissions.
- Configured Kubernetes ingresses with static IP addresses and created DNS entries. Also configured load balancers to handle HTTPS traffic.
Solutions Architect2018 - 2019Dito
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase, Kubernetes, REST, Go, Python, Java
- Developed SDLC workshops to migrate development teams to Agile and Scrum.
- Created a workshop on serverless mobile development using Google Firebase.
- Enhanced a REST application using Go and Go templates.
- Built a REST back end using Python and Flask to access Google APIs.
- Designed REST APIs using Open API specifications to access Google APIs.
- Produced webinars promoting Firebase and Kubernetes solutions on GCP.
- Developed and supported applications running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
DevOps Coach2017 - 2018BNP Paribas Fortis
Technologies: Java 8, DevOps, Linux, Docker, Jenkins, Spring Boot, Maven, Eclipse, Java, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Convinced teams to adopt new technologies and DevOps practices.
- Ran test-driven development (TDD) kata sessions in Java.
- Assisted teams in creating Jenkins pipelines to build, test, and deploy their code into the cloud.
- Ran contract-first workshops to design REST APIs and build stub services.
- Held workshops on how to safely refactor legacy Java code.
Senior Java Developer2017 - 2017Egencia
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java 8, Agile, Mesos, Marathon, AWS, Docker, RabbitMQ, Spring Boot, Maven, Java
- Designed a cloud-based replacement for a legacy system.
- Implemented system components in Java.
- Performed peer code reviews.
- Deployed system components into the AWS cloud using Jenkins and Marathon.
- Coached colleagues on microservice implementations.
Trainer and Coach2015 - 2017Self-employed
Technologies: Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Java
- Developed and delivered training programs on a range of subjects including Java and Python to a number of companies.
- Developed a Kubernetes course for Airbus which enabled them to migrate an imaging application from a data center to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) within a few months.
- Delivered a number of workshops on Apache Camel.
- Delivered workshops on how to use test-driven development (TDD) effectively.
- Developed and presented a DevOps course.
Technical Subject Matter Expert and Trainer2011 - 2015Royal Bank of Scotland
Technologies: Linux, Oracle, C#, Java, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Worked with subject matter experts to design a training program to make new developers desk ready.
- Wrote and reviewed course modules.
- Built the course software for in-course workshops.
- Taught the course pilot in India.
- Taught or co-taught all of the courses that were held in London and India.
Senior Developer2009 - 2010Kantar Media
Technologies: PL/SQL, Bash Scripting, Oracle, Java, C++
- Ported the key application from AIX to Linux.
- Replaced legacy Cobol components with PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Improved the overnight batch processing performance and reduced the processing time from four hours to one hour.
- Improved the unit test coverage of legacy code.
- Implemented web services in Java and Apache CXF.