Solutions Architect2018 - PRESENTDito
Technologies: Java, Python, Go, REST, Kubernetes, Firebase, GCP
- Developed SDLC workshops to migrate development teams to Agile and Scrum.
- Created a workshop on serverless mobile development using Google Firebase.
- Enhanced a REST application using Go and Go templates.
- Bult a REST back end using Python and Flask.
- Designed REST APIs using Open API specifications.
- Produced webinars promoting Firebase and Kubernetes solutions.
- Developed and supported applications running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
DevOps Coach2017 - 2018BNP Paribas Fortis
Technologies: Java, Eclipse, Maven, Spring Boot, Jenkins, Docker, Linux
- Convinced teams to adopt new technologies and DevOps practices.
- Ran test-driven development (TDD) kata sessions in Java.
- Assisted teams in creating Jenkins pipelines to build, test, and deploy their code.
- Ran contract-first workshops to design REST APIs and build stub services.
- Held workshops on how to safely refactor legacy Java code.
Senior Java Developer2017 - 2017Egencia
Technologies: Java, Maven, Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS, Marathon/Mesos, Agile
- Designed a cloud-based replacement for a legacy system.
- Implemented system components in Java.
- Performed peer code reviews.
- Deployed system components into the AWS cloud using Jenkins and Marathon.
- Coached colleagues on microservice implementations.
Trainer and Coach2015 - 2017Self Employed
Technologies: Java, Kubernetes, Docker, Python
- Developed and delivered training programs on a range of subjects including Java and Python to a number of companies.
- Developed a Kubernetes course for Airbus which enabled them to migrate an imaging application from a data center to the cloud within a few months.
- Delivered a number of workshops on Apache Camel.
- Delivered workshops on how use Test Driven Development (TDD) effectively.
- Developed and presented a DevOps course.
Technical Subject Matter Expert and Trainer2011 - 2015Royal Bank of Scotland
Technologies: Java, C#, Oracle, Linux
- Worked with subject matter experts to design a training program to make new developers desk ready.
- Wrote and reviewed course modules.
- Built the course software for in-course workshops.
- Taught the course pilot in India.
- Taught or co-taught all of the courses that were held in London and India.
Senior Developer2009 - 2010Kantar Media
Technologies: C++, Java, Oracle, Bash Scripting, PL/SQL
- Ported the key application from AIX to Linux.
- Replaced legacy Cobol components with PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Improved the overnight batch processing performance and reduced the processing time from four hours to one hour.
- Improved the unit test coverage of legacy code.
- Implemented web services in Java and Apache CXF.