Verified Expert in Engineering
Punit is an entrepreneur and software developer for whom versatility is his biggest strength. He has worked on a variety of projects, from real-time 3D simulations on the browser and big data analytics to Windows applications. He has also recently ventured into training on the MEAN stack.
.NET, Drupal, Node.js, Sublime Text, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a real-time big data analytics system. Everything was new: the programming language, the operating system, the platform, and the team.
- Designed a three-month curriculum for web development using the MEAN stack and trained three batches of students based on it.
- Built a feature for automated creation of Excel spreadsheets with pivot tables, complex formatting, and layout for an importing firm using C#, ASP.NET MVC, and ClosedXML.
- Created survey forms using Open Data Kit (ODK) and created a dashboard from the data.
- Programmed 3D fluid simulation on the browser using WebGL shaders to implement smoothed particle hydrodynamics.
- Used Drupal to create adhuro.com, a platform from which 21 websites are centrally administered.
- Designed Drupal themes for adhuro.com, including greenteasource.com, adhuro.com, and businesstopia.net.
Senior Software Engineer
- Used Apache Storm to create a real-time analytics system that worked in tandem with data collection system.
- Wrote programs in R to perform statistical analysis like K-means clustering and outlier identification using standard deviation. These programs would generate alarms based on business rules.
- Created complex line charts and heat maps to show results of analytics.
- Created PDF reports with graphics, embedded graphs, and dynamic data obtained from the real-time system using Jasper Reports.
- Developed a content management system from end to end for a magazine using the MEAN stack.
- Worked on a Windows 8 Metro App using Microsoft SharePoint as the back-end to handle training of employees for a Fortune 500 client.
- Modified the existing business intelligence framework used at the company to accommodate two new kinds of charts and added more capabilities to an existing chart.
- Migrated 84 business intelligence reports to a newly provisioned SharePoint server.
I used a set of Drupal modules to create a centralized content editorial workflow for 21 domains.
Startupsinnepal.com (Side project)
It brings in data from a Google Sheet and shows it on the website.
KTMJS: Nepal's First and Only JS Communityhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/ktmjs/
I am working as consultant and product manager for the project.
We are a small team of passionate developers working to make programiz a reliable source of programming knowledge, focussing on battle-tested programming languages like C, C++, Python, R and C#
Express.js, React Native, ASP.NET MVC, .NET, ASP.NET, AngularJS
Drupal, Android, Azure, Windows, Apache Kafka, Linux
jQuery, Node.js, Highcharts, JasperReports, WebGL, React, D3.js
Microsoft Visual Studio, Mongoose, Sublime Text, Apache Storm
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Redis Cache, MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL
Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
King's College - Kathmandu, Nepal
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Engineering
National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra - Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
Intermediate Diploma in Science (ISc.)
St. Xavier's College - Maitighar, Kathmandu