CEO2014 - PRESENTParewa Labs
Technologies: Drupal, ASP.NET, ODK, WebGL
- Designed a three-month curriculum for web development using the MEAN stack and trained three batches of students based on it.
- Built a feature for automated creation of Excel spreadsheets with pivot tables, complex formatting, and layout for an importing firm using C#, ASP.NET MVC, and ClosedXML.
- Created survey forms using Open Data Kit (ODK) and created a dashboard from the data.
- Programmed 3D fluid simulation on the browser using WebGL shaders to implement smoothed particle hydrodynamics.
- Used Drupal to create adhuro.com, a platform from which 21 websites are centrally administered.
- Designed Drupal themes for adhuro.com, including greenteasource.com, adhuro.com, and businesstopia.net.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2014Crisp Analytics
Technologies: Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Java, R, D3.js, AngularJS, Jasper Reports
- Used Apache Storm to create a real-time analytics system that worked in tandem with data collection system.
- Wrote programs in R to perform statistical analysis like K-means clustering and outlier identification using standard deviation. These programs would generate alarms based on business rules.
- Created complex line charts and heat maps to show results of analytics.
- Created PDF reports with graphics, embedded graphs, and dynamic data obtained from the real-time system using Jasper Reports.
- Developed a content management system from end to end for a magazine using the MEAN stack.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014MAQ Software
- Worked on a Windows 8 Metro App using Microsoft SharePoint as the back-end to handle training of employees for a Fortune 500 client.
- Modified the existing business intelligence framework used at the company to accommodate two new kinds of charts and added more capabilities to an existing chart.
- Migrated 84 business intelligence reports to a newly provisioned SharePoint server.
- Adhuro.com (Development)
Adhuro is a website to write content and earn money.
I used a set of Drupal modules to create a centralized content editorial workflow for 21 domains.
- Startupsinnepal.com (Side project) (Development)
Startupsinnepal is a listing of tech startups in Nepal. It is a very simple single-page application (SPA) built on AngularJS.
It brings in data from a Google Sheet and shows it on the website.
- Arcambel.com (Development)
A website I built for my friend. I had to work with her to understand the concept of her short movie and design the website to showcase her work.
- KTMJS: Nepal's First and Only JS Community (Other amazing things)https://www.facebook.com/groups/ktmjs/
- Hamrokitchen.com (Development)http://hamrokitchen.com
Hamrokitchen is a Nepalese eCommerce website built on WordPress and WooCommerce.
I am working as consultant and product manager for the project.
- Microsoft MVP (Other amazing things)
I was awarded as Microsoft MVP for Visual Studio and Development Technologies in March 2017 for my contributions to the technical communities in Nepal and all over the world.
- Programmiz.com (Development)https://www.programiz.com/
Our goal at Programiz is to create tutorials that are simple to read, understand and emulate. We make sure every concept is explained with easy to understand examples.
We are a small team of passionate developers working to make programiz a reliable source of programming knowledge, focussing on battle-tested programming languages like C, C++, Python, R and C#
- The Definitive Guide to DateTime Manipulation (Publication)In the realm of software development, time and date manipulation is considered by many to be a difficult task. Complicated time zone rules, leap seconds, differences in locale-specific formatting, etc., force us to immediately resort to popular time and date manipulation libraries. We often use these libraries without thinking about how exactly they work, which can lead to all sorts of obscure bugs in our software. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Punit Jajodia gives us an in-depth introduction to some concepts and best practices to avoid a few of the obvious issues related to changing the time and date in our applications.
FrameworksExpress.js, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS
PlatformsDrupal, Azure, Windows, Apache Kafka, Linux
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Node.js, React, D3.js
ToolsMicrosoft Visual Studio, Mongoose, Sublime Text, Apache Storm
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, Redis Cache, MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL
ParadigmsObject-relational Mapping (ORM)
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)2017 - 2019King's College - Kathmandu, Nepal
- Bachelor of Technology degree in Computer Engineering2009 - 2013National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra - Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
- Intermediate diploma in Science (ISc.)2006 - 2008St. Xavier's College - Maitighar, Kathmandu