Verified Expert in Engineering
Ridvan is a back-end developer with extensive experience in Java and Android applications. Having worked for Amazon for more than four years, he is very familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS). As a goal-oriented and delivery-focused professional, Ridvan enjoys delivering innovative solutions and highly scalable distributed systems.
Android, Java, TypeScript, Spring, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NoSQL, REST, GraphQL, Hadoop
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a distributed rule engine that processes millions of events per second.
Texting Things LLC
- Developed an SMS bot and a reminder service using Django and Celery.
- Used Trello to track tasks, project status, and bugs.
- Deployed different components, alarms, and services to AWS using SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, EventBridge, RDS, CDK, and CloudFormation.
Android App Developer
- Built custom WebView for proxying through clients' networks.
- Used ClickUp for the project and bug tracking and attended daily sync meetings.
Software Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Developed scalable back-end systems and measurable services with metrics and alarms.
- Used various project management tools that are similar to Atlassian Jira.
- Designed, implemented, launched, and maintained highly scalable distributed systems.
- Developed pipelines for sentiment analysis of different media.
- Created a search cluster using Apache Solr for article search.
- Crawled sources and used Hadoop to process large amounts of data.
- Developed game services such as matchmaking, in-app purchase verification, leader boards, and user profiles.
- Created an A/B testing service for the game content. Used Jira to keep track of tasks.
- Maintained the game services, fixed issues and bugs, and added new features.
- Conducted research on different distributed systems.
- Ported Apache Pig-based genomic processing tools to Spork (Pig on Spark).
- Maintained the big data genomics project built on top of Hadoop.
Part-time Software Engineer
- Developed test suites for Telecom infrastructure such as radio controllers and cell towers.
- Tracked tasks using Jira, fixed bugs, and maintained software.
- Used functional programming languages like Erlang extensively.
- Developed the metrics and logging framework using aspect-oriented programming.
- Performed Jira task management activities, fixed bugs, and developed various features.
- Used Oracle SQL DB to build a Java Enterprise application.
Sirona Connect Android App
The app has various features, including the dentist login and display of the ordered dental implants and high-poly 3D models of different implants. The application has custom UIs to show teeth that are modeled.
REST APIs, React, Node.js, Stripe, Stripe API
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Git, Apache Tomcat, Apache Maven, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Apache Solr, Celery, GitLab, Mercurial
REST, Agile, Mobile Development
AWS Lambda, Android, Apache Pig, Mobile, JBoss, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Apache Hive, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, PostgreSQL
Back-end, APIs, Back-end Development, Webhooks, Algorithms, Web Development, Software Design, Software Architecture, Full-stack Development, Distributed Systems, 3D, SOAP, AOSP, Android Architecture, Architecture, Mobile App Development, Full-stack, Leadership, Scraping, Mobile Apps, Sentiment Analysis, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Web Scraping, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Physics, SMS, SMS Bots, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Spring, Hadoop, Spark, JUnit, Android SDK, Laravel, React Native, Bootstrap, Django
Master's Degree in Advance Computing
Aalto Univeristy - Espoo, Finland