Developer2020 - PRESENTAT&T
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Step Functions, AWS Batch, AWS Lambda, Video, Audio, AWS, Python 3, Python
- Worked as a part of a Scrum team developing a video transcoding pipeline for AT&T’s video-on-demand offerings.
- Committed my first bugfix within two days of onboarding and committed my first feature within the first week of onboarding.
- Advocated to improve the software quality by having better test practices and creating a CI/CD pipeline.
Founder2019 - PRESENTPlanrising
- Developed a serverless REST back end that can calculate availability and a Rust derive macro for generating DynamoDB (de)serialization code and Dart and TypeScript classes from Rust structs (Rust, Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway).
- Created an appointment scheduling front end using React, TypeScript, Next.js, TailwindCSS, AWS [email protected], and AWS CloudFront.
- Developed an account manager frontend for customers to change their availability and manage their accounts. Built using Flutter (web), Dart, and AWS CloudFront.
- Built the company from the ground up.
CTO | Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019Chorefree
- Designed and developed a REST back end using Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, and Java. Created an extensive test suite for the Java code and its interaction with DynamoDB.
- Created a system for scheduling appointments between customers and cleaners. The system allows customers to pick availability based on the services required and the availability of cleaners with the right skillset.
- Built a Shopify front end that interacts with our back end to let customers make appointments while using Shopify for payments and website hosting.
- Created a program that handles webhooks coming from Shopify, parses them, and performs applicable actions on the back end.
Researcher2010 - 2017KU Leuven
Technologies: Java 8, Genetic Algorithms, Evolutionary Algorithms, Software Design, Google Guava, SWT, SLF4J, Writing & Editing, Operations Research, Jenkins, AutoValue, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, JUnit, Git, Maven, OptaPlanner, Optimization, Multi-agent Systems, Generic Programming, Python, LaTeX, R, Java
- Developed RinSim, a simulator framework in Java for logistics. RinSim allows for the scientific evaluation of algorithms for pickup-and-delivery problems. More information can be found about the program in my portfolio.
- Implemented multi-agent systems and centralized algorithms for solving NP-hard logistics problems.
- Built a dataset generator in Java and scripts in R for data analysis and visualization.
- Developed a genetic programming approach to optimize multi-agent systems using more than 100 million RinSim simulations.
- Guided, evaluated, and gave lectures to students for courses about software design and multi-agent systems.
- Advised, motivated, and evaluated 15 students working on master thesis projects.
- Contributed to a project about autonomous vehicles, vessels, and drones.
- Analyzed and improved the software design with Python; designed and conducted empirical research; expertly and systematically investigated scientific hypotheses.
- Investigated approaches for constructing virtual representations of the world and communicating the findings within a multidisciplinary technical team.
- Published three journal papers compared to an average of one for typical computer science PhDs. Each paper was published in a high-quality journal focused on one of the three areas combined in my research: operational research, multi-agent systems, and genetic programming.
Software Engineer2004 - 2009Floorplanner
- Collaborated with a team of programmers and designers.
- Created an intuitive-and-simple user experience used by millions of people over the world.