Verified Expert in Engineering
Samuel is an eCommerce specialist who has been building warehouse management and invoicing systems for the past ten years. He believes that every finished project needs to be thoroughly tested, domain-oriented, and have organized and easy-to-read code. Samuel thrives on planning and product development and enjoys applying his problem-solving skills to create useful applications.
PHP, SQL, Frameworks, Planning
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a warehouse management system created from scratch and completed in record time.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Migrated a custom-made system with Symfony components to a full-featured Symfony framework.
- Developed a customer claim assistant system with the API connection in Symfony.
- Enriched the company's Todo application with image previews and automation.
Full-stack PHP Developer
Austin Limo Management LLC
- Implemented a Twilio two-way SMS verification system.
- Updated the whole custom-made PHP 5 application to PHP 8.
- Migrated the application to the high-availability configuration in AWS Lighthouse.
- Integrated data from an existing eCommerce shop in the year following a competitor acquisition. Worked on synchronizing the product, customer, and order data from the competitor's system.
- Integrated new payment gateways, including card payments and PayU, as well as the delivery services such as GLS and Post that allowed instant payment processing and label printing.
- Created a unique paperless solution for a new warehouse. The process included planning, making simulations, and handling the system release.
- Devised an inbox concept to develop new administrative features easily.
Full-stack Freelance Developer
- Developed a web recruitment campaign for the Slovak Amazon warehouse, leading to hundreds of employments.
- Managed a mailing list for Slovak television company's tens of thousands of receivers using AWS.
- Reduced the portal's video cache creation time to ten milliseconds using simple virtual servers.
- Bypassed paying for a streaming service by using the YouTube API and continuously updating unlisted videos.
- Created a unique front-end editor for a personal CMS system that uses a click-and-edit feature to make the process effortless.
Packservice (Acquired by Shipmall)
- Developed a logistic system to manage 40+ client shops and process hundreds of daily shipments.
- Managed a high-availability system that includes an interface for clients and employees.
- Connected to tens of eCommerce APIs to import new client orders.
- Created a camera system to record every individual packaging and shipment.
- Tracked shipments of multiple delivery services to provide clients with additional information.
Owner and Full-stack Developer
- Developed the eCommerce front-end and back-end solutions.
- Ranked first in Slovak Google SERP for generic words like "notebook."
- Synced tens of thousands of items from multiple suppliers in a short amount of time.
Paperless Warehouse Management
For the rest of the project, I was focused on developing and delivering the entire system in three cycles using Shape Up product development. It meant starting from the MVP that was used alongside the old solution.
This process enabled a quick launch of the new operational warehouse. In addition, I created helpful tools, including a dashboard and the connection to our partner's path optimization API.
Supplier Order Management Wizard
It combines different data sources such as client orders, expected deliveries, and stock-or-sale predictions. The final product needs fewer manual interventions because of its semi-automatic features.
Ruby on Rails Ebook eShop Playgroundhttps://github.com/samuelszabo/ror-ebooks-eshop
Ordering ebooks is enabled by using an API Gem created in Ruby. This was the first project I developed in Ruby as part of a self-learning initiative.
How-to Video Portalhttps://www.akosatorobi.sk
The most challenging part was staying within the budget, and I had to create strong cache to save server resources. Helped by a flexible purge system and strong cache, the homepage and landing pages' response time was under ten milliseconds on a single low-cost Apache server.
In addition, hundreds of videos were connected to the YouTube API, and the new unlisted videos were being regularly uploaded to reduce video hosting costs.
CakePHP, Priority Job Queue, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Laravel, Symfony, Laravel Mix, Bootstrap
PhpStorm, Git, Linux Virtual Server (LVS)
Testing, Database Design
MySQL, LAMP Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Relational Databases
Logistics, Invoicing, Shape Up, Warehouses, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, APIs, Frameworks, Planning, Warehouse Management PHP, Agile Sprints, Predictive Learning, SAP, Exports, Email, SMS, Product Imports, Local SEO, Leadership, Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Architecture, Cloud Migration, Invoices
jQuery, YouTube API, PayPal API, YUI
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), LAMP, Debian, Raspberry Pi, Twilio
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring