Android Tech Lead2013 - PRESENTCigna
Technologies: Android, Java, Kotlin, Gradle, Git, REST
- Worked as an Android tech lead for Cigna’s Android mobile development team.
- Spearheaded projects, in an Agile environment, for Cigna’s flagship mobile app, “myCigna” and other apps.
- Guided and developed various features and improvements for “myCigna” and other apps.
- Oversaw the management and publishing of Cigna-branded apps in Google Play and Amazon tores.
- Facilitated business and technical requirements between the customer, technical teams, and management.
- Created new processes to facilitate more efficient development and interaction between developers.
- Improved software quality and reduced delivery and maintenance costs through innovative methods.
Consultant2013 - 2013Solution Innovators
- Facilitated the completion of an overdue project and upgraded the design and technology to industry standards.
- Researched about mobile platforms for new client projects.
Consultant2011 - 2012ESPN
Technologies: J2EE: JSF, EJB, Java, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Tomcat, JBoss, Web Service, SOAP, REST, SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Converted a Swing application to JSF to improve performance, maintenance, and overall user experience.
- Implemented a web service module to facilitate the archival of video clips.
- Developed an FTP module, as part of my core services, for handling various video requests used by the entire company.
- Executed the implementation of the “Media Orchestration Engine” API to assist with the submission of workflows and reduce manual processing costs.
Tech Lead2006 - 2011Sikorsky Aircraft
- Architected and implemented the Sikorsky360 portal for commercial and military aircraft owners to centralize critical maintenance tools which keep aircraft flying.
- Planned, implemented, and maintained a production-level infrastructure for the Sikorsky360 portal based on VMware technology.
- Drafted and implemented various web applications for both internal and external customers to maximize customer’s processes’ efficiency, usability, and accountability.
- Provide ongoing advice on technology selection, planning, implementation, and cost savings.
Senior Analyst, IT Systems Design2003 - 2006Sikorsky Aircraft
- Designed and implemented a fleet-monitoring-service portal for commercial aircraft owners to help maintain and diagnose aircraft.
- Managed critical production servers which hosted commercial web applications.
- Drafted and executed a procedure for configuring and cloning laptop ground stations for each delivery to the customer of S-92 aircraft.
- Developed a web-based plug-locator application that assisted mechanics in finding electrical plugs on the aircraft.
- Configured and presented future and new product demonstrations for presidential, military, and commercial customers.
- Worked with multiple third-party vendors to integrate the software with various interfaces into functional systems.
Computer Systems Programmer | Analyst | Team Leader1999 - 2003Computer Sciences Corporation
- Designed and implemented a work-in-progress web app that produced manufacturing reports.
- Developed web-based productivity reports.
- Designed and created a file management interface for robot programs.
- Created a perishable tool forecasting web application.
- Led a team that developed a business-metric-tracking web application.
- Built an intranet reporting web application.
- Designed and created an interactive online newsletter.
- Drafted and implemented an intranet website for entire product center.
- Worked with a team to produce a web application for generating work instructions.
- Created many other applications with Java, Servlets, JSP, Visual Basic, MS Access, and BusinessObjects with a focus on owning the customer rather than just application.
Junior Computer Systems Programmer/Analyst1998 - 1999Pratt & Whitney
Technologies: Java, Visual Basic, C++, HTML
- Built and enhanced an oven-monitoring system application.
- Developed and enhanced a company-wide server-client menu system.
- Optimized an application for generating work instructions.
- Generated online application documentation.
Member of the Military Police1993 - 1999Connecticut Army National Guard
- Earned an honor graduate status at military police school.
- Commanded a squad of 12 soldiers.
- Achieved five awards including a non-commissioned officer professional development ribbon.