Android Tech Lead2013 - PRESENTCigna
Technologies: Android Jetpack, Google Play Store, Team Leadership, Leadership, Bluetooth Beacons, Coroutines, Mobile Apps, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Mobile App Architecture, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, Technical Project Management, Project Leadership, REST APIs, Firebase, SQLite, Android Architecture, Android Studio, Agile, Project Management, REST, Git, Gradle, Kotlin, Java, Android
- Worked as an Android tech lead for Cigna’s Android mobile development team.
- Spearheaded projects, in an Agile environment, for Cigna’s flagship mobile app, “myCigna” and other apps.
- Guided and developed various features and improvements for “myCigna” and other apps.
- Oversaw the management and publishing of Cigna-branded apps in Google Play and Amazon tores.
- Facilitated business and technical requirements between the customer, technical teams, and management.
- Created new processes to facilitate more efficient development and interaction between developers.
- Improved software quality and reduced delivery and maintenance costs through innovative methods.
Consultant (TopTal)2020 - 2020Array
Technologies: Android Jetpack, Coroutines, Mobile Apps, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Mobile App Architecture, RESTful APIs, RESTful Development, Technical Project Management, Project Leadership, Retrofit, Android Architecture, Android Studio, Project Management, Git, Gradle, Retrofit 2, REST APIs, REST, Kotlin, Android
- Led discussions with business partners on mobile approach and implementation.
- Architected credit report module using data from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.
- Developed Android implementation of the report module.
Consultant2013 - 2013Solution Innovators
- Facilitated the completion of an overdue project and upgraded the design and technology to industry standards.
- Researched about mobile platforms for new client projects.
Consultant2011 - 2012ESPN
Technologies: Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) 3, JSP, Agile, MySQL, Oracle, SQL, REST, SOAP, Web Services, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Java, EJB, Jakarta EE, JSF
- Converted a Swing application to JSF to improve performance, maintenance, and overall user experience.
- Implemented a web service module to facilitate the archival of video clips.
- Developed an FTP module, as part of my core services, for handling various video requests used by the entire company.
- Executed the implementation of the “Media Orchestration Engine” API to assist with the submission of workflows and reduce manual processing costs.
Tech Lead2006 - 2011Sikorsky Aircraft
- Architected and implemented the Sikorsky360 portal for commercial and military aircraft owners to centralize critical maintenance tools which keep aircraft flying.
- Planned, implemented, and maintained a production-level infrastructure for the Sikorsky360 portal based on VMware technology.
- Drafted and implemented various web applications for both internal and external customers to maximize customer’s processes’ efficiency, usability, and accountability.
- Provide ongoing advice on technology selection, planning, implementation, and cost savings.
Senior Analyst, IT Systems Design2003 - 2006Sikorsky Aircraft
- Designed and implemented a fleet-monitoring-service portal for commercial aircraft owners to help maintain and diagnose aircraft.
- Managed critical production servers which hosted commercial web applications.
- Drafted and executed a procedure for configuring and cloning laptop ground stations for each delivery to the customer of S-92 aircraft.
- Developed a web-based plug-locator application that assisted mechanics in finding electrical plugs on the aircraft.
- Configured and presented future and new product demonstrations for presidential, military, and commercial customers.
- Worked with multiple third-party vendors to integrate the software with various interfaces into functional systems.
Computer Systems Programmer | Analyst | Team Leader1999 - 2003Computer Sciences Corporation
- Designed and implemented a work-in-progress web app that produced manufacturing reports.
- Developed web-based productivity reports.
- Designed and created a file management interface for robot programs.
- Created a perishable tool forecasting web application.
- Led a team that developed a business-metric-tracking web application.
- Built an intranet reporting web application.
- Designed and created an interactive online newsletter.
- Drafted and implemented an intranet website for entire product center.
- Worked with a team to produce a web application for generating work instructions.
- Created many other applications with Java, Servlets, JSP, Visual Basic, MS Access, and BusinessObjects with a focus on owning the customer rather than just application.
Junior Computer Systems Programmer/Analyst1998 - 1999Pratt & Whitney
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, HTML, C++, Visual Basic, Java
- Built and enhanced an oven-monitoring system application.
- Developed and enhanced a company-wide server-client menu system.
- Optimized an application for generating work instructions.
- Generated online application documentation.
Member of the Military Police1993 - 1999Connecticut Army National Guard
Technologies: Team Leadership, Leadership, Military, A
- Earned an honor graduate status at military police school.
- Commanded a squad of 12 soldiers.
- Achieved five awards including a non-commissioned officer professional development ribbon.