Verified Expert in Engineering
Native Android development is what Sebastian enjoys most. With twenty years of software development experience across various types of industries, Sebastian brings organization and stability to the project. His uncommon ability to seamlessly translate business asks into technical requirements guarantees a satisfied client. Sebastian has had many lead roles which he relishes but will happily contribute as an individual developer or team member.
Git, Android Studio, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing was implementing ExoPlayer for my stream app for superb performance.
Android Tech Lead
- Worked as an Android tech lead for Cigna’s Android mobile development team.
- Spearheaded projects, in an Agile environment, for Cigna’s flagship mobile app, “myCigna” and other apps.
- Guided and developed various features and improvements for “myCigna” and other apps.
- Oversaw the management and publishing of Cigna-branded apps in Google Play and Amazon tores.
- Facilitated business and technical requirements between the customer, technical teams, and management.
- Created new processes to facilitate more efficient development and interaction between developers.
- Improved software quality and reduced delivery and maintenance costs through innovative methods.
Pentius (via Toptal)
- Led discussions with business partners on mobile approach and implementation.
- Architected credit report module using data from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.
- Developed Android implementation of the report module.
- Facilitated the completion of an overdue project and upgraded the design and technology to industry standards.
- Researched about mobile platforms for new client projects.
- Provided advice on new project architecture for web-based applications.
- Converted a Swing application to JSF to improve performance, maintenance, and overall user experience.
- Implemented a web service module to facilitate the archival of video clips.
- Developed an FTP module, as part of my core services, for handling various video requests used by the entire company.
- Executed the implementation of the “Media Orchestration Engine” API to assist with the submission of workflows and reduce manual processing costs.
- Architected and implemented the Sikorsky360 portal for commercial and military aircraft owners to centralize critical maintenance tools that keep aircraft flying.
- Planned, implemented, and maintained a production-level infrastructure for the Sikorsky360 portal based on VMware technology.
- Drafted and implemented various web applications for both internal and external customers to maximize customer's processes' efficiency, usability, and accountability.
- Provided ongoing advice on technology selection, planning, implementation, and cost savings.
Senior Analyst, IT Systems Design
- Designed and implemented a fleet-monitoring-service portal for commercial aircraft owners to help maintain and diagnose aircraft.
- Managed critical production servers which hosted commercial web applications.
- Drafted and executed a procedure for configuring and cloning laptop ground stations for each delivery to the customer of S-92 aircraft.
- Developed a web-based plug-locator application that assisted mechanics in finding electrical plugs on the aircraft.
- Configured and presented future and new product demonstrations for presidential, military, and commercial customers.
- Worked with multiple third-party vendors to integrate the software with various interfaces into functional systems.
Computer Systems Programmer | Analyst | Team Leader
Computer Sciences Corporation
- Designed and implemented a work-in-progress web app that produced manufacturing reports.
- Developed web-based productivity reports.
- Designed and created a file management interface for robot programs.
- Created a perishable tool forecasting web application.
- Led a team that developed a business-metric-tracking web application.
- Built an intranet reporting web application.
- Designed and created an interactive online newsletter.
- Drafted and implemented an intranet website for entire product center.
- Worked with a team to produce a web application for generating work instructions.
- Created many other applications with Java, Servlets, JSP, Visual Basic, MS Access, and BusinessObjects with a focus on owning the customer rather than just application.
Junior Computer Systems Programmer/Analyst
Pratt & Whitney
- Built and enhanced an oven-monitoring system application.
- Developed and enhanced a company-wide server-client menu system.
- Optimized an application for generating work instructions.
- Generated online application documentation.
Member of the Military Police
Connecticut Army National Guard
- Earned an honor graduate status at military police school.
- Commanded a squad of 12 soldiers plus a platoon as needed.
- Achieved five awards, including a non-commissioned officer professional development ribbon.
Polka Polka | Android Apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.libertytechllc.polkapolka
• Select and filter your favorite stations.
• Switch between light and dark themes.
• Play music in the background while you do other tasks.
Silver Change | Android Apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.libertytechllc.silverchange
The app is a virtual wallet where a user can select the silver coins and quantities and see the total real value based on metal content. The nominal value is shown as well. Each coin also has a description, metal content information, and historical notes.
Android Video Lessons
Co-inventor for Patent No. US 7,983,809 B2https://www.google.com/patents/US7983809
Retrofit 2, REST APIs, Retrofit, Java Servlets
Android Studio, Android Jetpack, Servlet, Git, Gradle, Apache Tomcat, Apache, VMware
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), RESTful Development, REST, Agile
Android, Mobile, MacOS, Oracle, Firebase, Jakarta EE, Bluetooth LE, iOS
Mobile Architecture, Mobile Apps, Leadership, Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Google Play Store, Project Leadership, Technical Project Management, Android App Design, Mobile App Development, Coroutines, Android Architecture, Architecture, Military, Bluetooth Beacons, Web Services, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) 3, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Bluetooth
Flutter, JSF, JavaServer Faces, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP)
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Management
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Hartford, CT, USA
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Internet Engineering
Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies - Brattleboro, VT, USA
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Computer Science
Central Connecticut State University - New Britain, CT, USA