Cloud DevOps Engineer2020 - 2020Viewdeck Consulting
Technologies: Pipelines, Python, Bash Script, Ansible, Azure, Azure DevOps Services, Azure DevOps, Terraform
- Involved in the large cloud transformation project of the global IT estate of an educational institution for Cloud 2.0 in a hub and spoke model.
- Implemented IaaC using Terraform for all new infrastructure and includes virtual machines, key vaults, blob storages, virtual WANs, virtual hubs, VPNs, bastions.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps and Azure Pipelines.
- Integrated an exiting enterprise service desk application with the new infrastructure using bespoke scripts (Bash and Python).
Cloud DevOps Architect2020 - 2020Dulmer Ltd
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, Amazon DynamoDB, Git, Bash Script, Amazon ElastiCache, AWS Lambda, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Amazon CloudWatch, ELK (Elastic Stack), GitLab CI/CD, Grafana, Prometheus, cAdvisor, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AWS CodePipeline, AWS
- Designed and implemented CI/CD pipelines using GitLab and AWS CodePipeline services.
- Containerized the applications and overhauled the deployment strategy to make use of AWS container services and CI/CD.
- Built and integrated monitoring systems to monitor the new and existing environments using cAdvisor, Prometheus and Grafana.
- Designed a logging infrastructure and implemented log aggregation and analytics using an ELK stack.
- Integrated alerting mechanisms using AWS CloudWatch and PagerDuty as main components.
- Added IaaC to the organization to move all of the cloud IT infrastructure to Terraform.
- Used CloudFormation templates for the finance department for bespoke billing report process.
- Advocated for a more serverless architecture using AWS Lambda for new microservices, and implemented a skeleton framework and documentation.
Systems Engineer2018 - 2020Plusnet
Technologies: PHP, Oracle, Java, Docker
- Developed new features in the enterprise infrastructure for the organization to be able to comply with new Ofcom regulations.
- Played a key part from the technology side in the very large migration of a legacy billing infrastructure to a modern efficient technology framework.
- Liaised with stakeholders to draw out technical requirements.
- Implemented a phased smooth delivery of the new features to end-users.
Engineering Lead2016 - 2018U Account Ltd
Technologies: GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, ELK (Elastic Stack), Terraform, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Resourced, led, and mentored a team of DevOps engineers, technical architects, and software developers.
- Planned, designed, and implemented a PCI-DSS-compliant infrastructure.
- Built and improved health and monitoring across the platform.
- Assessed infrastructure capacity and planned and executed scaling based on requirements.
Senior Systems Engineer2013 - 2016U Account Ltd
Technologies: Web Application Firewall (WAF), Terraform, ELK (Elastic Stack), Jenkins, Cloud Migration, Docker
- Implemented a secure API-rich fintech service on cloud infrastructure, in Rackspace services using Go, PHP, and AWS Aurora.
- Planned and implemented a seamless migration of an active application from Rackspace to AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented resilient VPN networks in the infrastructure to improve continuous service.
Systems and Software Engineer2012 - 2013Plusnet
Technologies: Oracle, MySQL, PHP, Java, Linux, Bash Script
- Maintained and improved the billing system which was one of the critical parts of the organization.
- Proactively identified problematical parts of the systems and addressed them with tactical and strategic solutions.
- Created and maintained shell scripts to automate several parts of the system that included daily billing runs and automated deployments.
Qburst Technologies2007 - 2012Senior Engineer
Technologies: Python, MySQL, PHP, Bash Script
- Created various Bash scripts to assist with automation of processes in large projects.
- Implemented large applications from the ground up using PHP and MySQL.
- Supported and mentored to upskill junior engineers.