Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Architect and Developer
Stanislaw has over 15 years of experience in automation including testing, infrastructure and delivery pipelines. He's an experienced technical lead with track record of embedding change and extremely passionate about technology and continuous learning. If you are looking to improve your software delivery workflow, transition to the cloud, or improve the quality of your software and/or your engineering practices then Stanislaw is a fantastic resource.
Terraform, Node.js, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Selenium, Test-driven Development (TDD), Kubernetes, Linux, CI/CD Pipelines, Cloud
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed for one of my clients was a highly distributed, UI testing framework based on Ruby/Watir—this was before Jenkins/TeamCity, etc.
- Helped manage the customers' cloud platform and onboard tenants.
- Improved and redesigned CI/CD deployment to provide end-to-end automation with minimal user interaction.
- Developed and maintained reusable Terraform modules for common infrastructure components, improving consistency and reducing the time required for infrastructure provisioning.
Bank of England
- Led the design and implementation of secure Azure Cloud environments, ensuring compliance with industry best practices and regulatory standards.
- Designed and implemented robust IAM policies using the least privilege approach and privileged identity management (PIM).
- Ensured clients' Azure environments were compliant with industry standards such as UK OFFICIAL.
- Conducted training sessions and workshops for internal teams and clients, enhancing their understanding of Azure security best practices.
- Integrated automated testing (unit tests, integration tests, and security scans) into CI/CD pipelines, leading to an improvement in code quality and the security of the deployments.
- Orchestrated containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes, enabling seamless deployment, scaling, and management, leading to specific benefits, improved scalability, and resource utilization, thus reducing operational costs.
Contract Technical Architect
- Helped to drive the cloud transformation program and provide technical expertise around cloud/containers in general.
- Automated deployment of artifact platform using containerized workflows and Helm.
- Automated system onboarding (setting up AD, DNS, SSL, Kubernetes namespaces, credentials, Azure RBAC, and CI/CD pipelines).
- Developed a custom Terraform provider that helps plug the gaps in other areas of Terraform/third-party providers.
- Designed multi-layered infrastructure deployment (infrastructure as code, IaC) system (Terraform) to enable scalability and security (separation of concerns).
- Promoted test-driven IaC development (Terratest), static code analysis (Checkov with custom rules), and code coverage.
- Created a custom Kubernetes operator for generating SSL certificates (using Active Directory certificate management).
- Contributed to open-source projects to enable custom Terraform Provider hosting (Github.com/eu-evops/citizen).
- Defined RS Components' software engineering quality strategy to aid their digital transformation and move to DevOps. The strategy supported an environment that followed Cloud Native, 12 Factor App principles with very high levels of automation.
- Established teams and embedded processes and tools to support the rollout of the quality strategy, including training and consultancy with individual teams and liaising with stakeholders.
- Contributed hands-on to the build of tools and continuous delivery pipelines as part of continuous improvement.
- Promoted and accelerated the adoption of the quality strategy.
Quality Assurance Architect
- Improved delivery timeframes and made overall improvements to release process.
- Implemented the following organizational changes: the move from Subversion to Git, changing the branching model to streamline the process, improving quality, and promoting collaboration through online code reviews.
- Moved part of the infrastructure to the cloud in order to improve stability and improve flexibility (auto scaling, monitoring, and performance).
- Introduced specification by example (BDD) and initiated the rollout across the business.
- Developed an open-source Selenium wrapper that was used as the main mapping library for web objects in Selenium (Github.com/sponte/selenium-pom).
- Co-authored a BDD front-end tool (Github.com/oss-specs/specs) that's used as a communication tool throughout the business.
- Identified and arranged for suitable tools and hardware to be provided for the team which allowed for innovation and experimentation with things like virtualization and Docker.
Quality Assurance Architect
- Worked as part of quality assurance team and was responsible for automation, including, test automation, continuous integration and delivery, and infrastructure (Chef and Vagrant).
- Evolved the existing test automation framework by automating performance and security testing as well as automating infrastructure builds using Chef, Berkshelf, and Vagrant.
- Created reusable automated testing components that were used as default automated testing tools across development projects.
- Architected and delivered a solution that provisions an easyJet test environment including all applications under test in under one hour. This is a fully automated, 1-click provisioning solution that delivered functionality wanted.
- Implemented infrastructure automation which enabled easyJet to cut down new test environment provisioning time from a 1-week minimum to under an hour while improving performance and cutting down cost by almost 70%.
- Worked with OpsCode Chef and implemented a fully automated provisioning and deployment solution for EasyJet's booking-management application (part of Easyjet.com).
- Designed, strategized, and implemented web testing for easyJet which reduced time to market by nearly a week.
- Introduced and rolled out a behavior-driven testing concept—bridging the gap and bringing business closer to quality assurance processes.
- Led the team to retrospectively automate 2,000 regression test cases.
- Approached by the BBC to help with the delivery of major CMS platform redesign and implementation of the Agile methodology and automation.
- Designed and implemented an open-source test automation framework based on Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber, and Hudson which has been rolled out and leveraged by other projects and teams.
- Led the implementation of an Agile test strategy for five concurrent projects.
- Coached and mentored the team on automation and Agile practices.
- Delivered the major redesign of BBC CMS and new UI for BBC news website which generates around 45 million page views and draws 6.5 million users every day.
Lead Software Engineer in Test
- Defined the test automation strategy for Expedia EU development projects.
- Designed and implemented a test framework that resulted in a very high ROI due to its unique approach to test design and simplicity and 80% automation coverage on average across different projects.
- Implemented successfully an offshore testing strategy that made use of four remote resources.
- Represented Expedia EU in the core excellence group—defining the strategy and standards for testing across all of Expedia.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Responsible for performance testing at Opodo, including, writing test scripts, analyzing results, and creating reports.
- Oversaw TestDirector's administration and maintenance, including, making advanced use of VBScript for project customization.
- Contributed to structured planning and the design, creation, and maintenance of automated regression test packs, using Mercury QuickTest Pro and TestDirector, for testing the organization’s multi-region travel/holiday web application portals.
- Made extensive use of the QTP automation model, VBScript programming & function libraries, data-driven test execution methods, native automation APIs, XML-based test results reporting, and automated test metrics/MI reporting.
- Designed the test automation framework using an SQL server database for test data and result storage, browser-based automation portal (PHP, SQL Server, AJAX) for monitoring & reporting, and used virtual machines to run many parallel test instances to accelerate tests.
- Created test utilities such as test recovery application in C# (Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition) for handling browser and windows pop-ups.
Selenium, Windows PowerShell, Protractor, SpecFlow
Terraform, Helm, Artifactory, GitLab CI/CD, Apache JMeter, Jenkins, Cucumber, Docker Compose, Vagrant, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Chef, TeamCity, Hudson, Watir, HP QuickTest Professional (QTP), TestDirector, LoadRunner, Azure App Service, Azure Key Vault, Ansible, AWS IAM
Test-driven Development (TDD), Azure DevOps, Test Automation, DevOps, Automated Testing, Agile, Automation, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
Azure, Linux, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Azure Functions, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS
CI/CD Pipelines, Automated UI Testing, Containers, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Migration, Code Architecture, Cloud, Pact, Security, Vulnerability Identification, Distributed Systems, Calculus, 3D CAD, Azure Containers, Azure Storage, App Infrastructure, Azure Administrator, Applications, Messaging, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Single Sign-on (SSO), Performance, Web Security
Go, Java, Ruby, C#, XML, VBScript, SAML
Node.js, Terragrunt, WebDriver, Azure API Management
Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Blobs
Bachelor's Degree (Incomplete) in Mechatronics
Warsaw University of Technology - Warsaw, Poland
Azure Developer Associate
DevOps Engineer Expert
Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
AZ-900 Exam Preparation: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring