- Contract EngineerIntro (introhq.com)2016 - 2016
Technologies: Django, MongoDB, React.js, Bootstrap
- Built out a system to track all notifications sent to users across various media, including complex notification preferences.
- Created pages for users to set preferences and track their notifications.
- Built interactive summary pages for users to explore their team's network.
- Co-founder/Head of Back-endMitoo2014 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, RabbitMQ, MicroSOA, Sidekiq, Sneakers, Redis, Rackspace, AWS, Capistrano, Devise, Pundit
- Designed and built a secure, stable, scalable API to run four mobile apps and a web app.
- Created a system to scrape/integrate with sources of sports data, inferring meaning to the ingested data, keeping users up-to-date with sports results and schedules. At its peak, it processed millions of data per day, and had 1M+ users.
- Built a data mapper type ORM on top of Active Record to allow greater separation between different parts of the system, leading to significantly improved developer efficiency for very large/complex Rails apps.
- Oversaw all back-end engineering, from system architecture through to hiring and team management.
- Transitioned Mitoo to a MicroSOA architecture (using sneakers/RabbitMQ) to simplify complex data-processing pipelines.
- Designed and built a custom, reusable notification system to simplify and speed up generation of notifications from application events as well as track, log, and report on millions of notifications sent across various media (SMS/email, push).
- Head of Back-end DevelopmentBluefields2012 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, Rackspace, Capistrano, Devise, Rspec
- Spearheaded transformation of a large, monolithic, ball-of-mud codebase into a lean modular application capable of scaling.
- Designed and built a secure, stable, scalable API to run a web app + mobile apps.
- Built a notification system capable of automatically sending and individually tracking millions of notifications.
- FounderBit Circus, Ltd.2011 - 2012
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, PHP
- Built simple Rails apps to scale, at speed.
- Learned to tread the balance between high-quality, maintainable code and the need to move as quickly as possible to build a successful business.
- Head of SoftwareLondon Central Communications2008 - 2011
Technologies: Java, Servlets, Tomcat, Apache, Asterisk PBX, Linux, VoIP
- Created a seamless voice recording system and web interface for file retrieval that interfaced with customer PBXs.
- Built a cloud-based preferences and account administration system for Asterisk PBX installations.