DevOps Consultant2019 - PRESENTAstronomer
Technologies: Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Amazon EKS, Helm, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Slashed Kubernetes bill by 50% in less than two months, achieving $30,000+ in monthly cost savings by addressing cost control and configuration issues.
- Introduced the Tracer Bullet Method to establish a path for end-to-end testing and continual improvements.
- Created tests for platform operation and installation, integrated into CI/CD pipeline for automation.
- Improved experience and automation for enterprise installations of the Astronomer platform.
- Worked with team members to improve visibility and monitoring in Kubernetes. Established SLAs, created dashboards and alerts to report on uptime and an RCA process for improving when mistakes happen.
DevOps Consultant2019 - 2019TurbineLabs
Technologies: IBM Watson, Erlang, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Devised, developed, and deployed Kubernetes on Google Cloud for six environments.
- Collaborated with developers to incorporate necessary configurations to support application lifecycle management across multiple environments.
- Enabled self-reliance through detailed technical documentation, improving developer productivity, system stability, and process.
DevOps Consultant2018 - 2019Ferrum Health
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Bash, Terraform, Ansible, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Jenkins
- Established build automation for a complex, monorepo healthcare appliance with Jenkins.
- Automated and simulated an airgapped installation down to a single script via Ansible.
- Built developer tooling to simplify release packaging, testing, and verification.
- Incorporated intrusion detection, antivirus, and site-to-site VPN into appliance.
- Facilitated the migration from AWS to Google Cloud for improved developer productivity and happiness.
DevOps2016 - 2017IBM
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, IBM Cloud, SaltStack, Kubernetes
- Completed first installation of Kubernetes in IBM Cloud, managed 10+ Kubernetes clusters, Migrated Waton's largest service to Kubernetes.
- Facilitated Kubernetes dev onboarding to educate peers on Kubernetes and DevOps best practices through user guides, presentations, and mentorshi.
- Built in-cluster service Crosstalk to facilitate Mesos / Kubernetes inter-cluster service discovery, yielding non-disruptive and independent upstream/downstream migrations. Leveraged Crosstalks advanced metrics and monitoring to inform IBM Cloud of malfunctioning networking equipment corrupting ~1/10000 packets.
- Managed AWS account for AlchemyAPI. Worked with IBM Research Knowledge Graph to port work to Docker and deploy to AWS.
- TLE speaker on scaling developers and processes. Participated in internal grassroots efforts for cultural change and education.
Teaching Assistant2012 - 2015Binghamton University
Technologies: Machine Learning, G Suite, Docker, C++, C, Python, Go
- Designed and co-taught a Flipped Machine Learning course.
- Developed automated grading systems.
- Served as an advisor for students on capstone projects and students in web development.