Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
Ujjaval is a software engineer who has worked across various organizations, including early-stage startups and Fortune 100 companies. He helped launch products, deploy cost-saving optimizations, mentor other team members, and solve complex business problems in various industries, including fintech, healthcare, travel, and edtech. Ujjaval has a knack for highly scalable design paradigms and can help scale products with 10x growth in adoption and usage.
IntelliJ, GitLab CI/CD
The most amazing...
...project I've done is an integration with a national billing system using a scalable microservice architecture that powers over two million daily transactions.
Senior Developer and Technical Lead
- Served as a back-end developer and technical lead for the monetization team.
- Led the integration effort with Stripe APIs to improve profitability, saving about $2.5 million in forex fees annually.
- Optimized Radar's fraud API usage by creating a rules-engine-driven smart caching framework that helped reduce the number of external API calls by more than 85% and directly saved about $500,000 annually.
- Designed and built an AWS-powered back end written in Go that empowers businesses to conduct remote inspections. The product supports various workflows, such as inventory audits and remote insurance claims.
Technical Staff Member
- Spearheaded the engineering effort for the direct integration with NPCI's Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS). This integration currently processes over two million transactions, amounting to over ₹1 billion daily.
- Articulated with business, site reliability engineering, support, and operations roles and formally mentored other engineers on the team to help drive engineering and product efforts as a technical lead for the bill pay team.
- Helped implement a multi-datacenter set up for the recharge and bill payment ecosystem in an active-active configuration. The set up supports disaster recovery in case of connectivity failure at one of the data centers.
- Launched a new subscriptions category in the PhonePe app and automated the onboarding of new subscription billers, which do not require a development intervention. This category has grown to the highest market share of all its competitors.
- Led the direct integration effort with Tata Sky DTH, the largest biller at PhonePe, improving business margins by 90 basis points per transaction and increasing the success rate from around 97% to more than 99%.
Software Development Engineer II
- Wrote an Azkaban batch workflow job to support a robust autocomplete feature, improving the page load time of the marketer platform's campaign app from around eight to under three seconds.
- Developed and launched the product recommendations web app using the advocacy platform front-end framework, emphasizing modular Backbone views, reusable UX controls, and robust error handling for Ajax calls.
Software Development Engineer II
- Wrote a RESTful Java web service for the Task Execution Framework (TEF) and set up service dashboards, monitoring, and alerts using Splunk telemetry data.
- Set up integration tests for an asynchronous processing framework to test end-to-end calls across multiple microservices and a Jenkins build job to automate running these tests in the build pipeline.
- Built the next generation of payment processing services powered by AWS that process 97% of Expedia's transactions, leading to a 25% reduction in annual hardware costs.
- Wrote an OData-based RESTful WCF data service for the team's component testing framework. The service implemented create-read-update-delete (CRUD) operations for three graph-client-helper library requests and could support additional ones.
- Optimized the end-to-end (E2E) tests' code flow for account provisioning flows, reducing their execution time from 60–80 to 40–45 minutes. Defined runner phases as part of quality improvements to help ascertain what code module caused a test failure.
- Cooperated with other senior developers to decrease the system test failure rate by 90% while reducing the test execution time by 50%. It also helped save hardware costs by more than 10%.
Twilio-based WebRTC Apphttps://gv2.aspfs.dev/
In addition to providing a robust WebRTC-based video conferencing experience that allows for self-recovery in bad network conditions, the app also allows capturing high-resolution pictures with geo-tagging.
The new web app was built from the ground up and achieved a success rate of >97% for remote inspections compared to just 85% for the previously used solution.
Live Video Lectures Platformhttps://www.slideshare.net/UjjavalVerma4/aws-powered-online-classes-platform
The in-house implementation supported over 100 concurrent streams and achieved a low latency of fewer than 12 seconds compared to YouTube's 25-second and Vimeo's 30-second latency for live streams.
Health Monitor for NAO
Distributed Power Set Generation
Students Admission Portal
Virtual Labs Experimentshttp://vlabs.iitkgp.ac.in/vlt/project.html
Crowdfunding Investment App with a Social Element
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, AngularJS, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Express.js, Spark, Hadoop, Next.js, Django, Redux
REST APIs, Node.js, React, jQuery, Stripe API, Amazon API, Stripe Connect, Stripe Connect API, Stripe
Git, GitHub, Jira, Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, RabbitMQ, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon CloudFront CDN
Agile Software Development, Microservices, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Continuous Integration (CI), Responsive Web Design (RWD)
Apache Kafka, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Azure, Linux
MySQL, Databases, Elasticsearch, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Amazon Aurora, Redshift, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
CI/CD Pipelines, RESTful Microservices, API Integration, Full-stack, Back-end, Architecture, Data Structures, Web Development, Payment APIs, Software Design, RESTful Web Services, Distributed Systems, Video Streaming, APIs, eCommerce, Team Mentoring, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture, Amazon API Gateway, Serverless, eCommerce APIs, Containers, Containerization, Payment Gateways, Extensions, Chatbots
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Hyderabad, India
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services
Certified Angular Developer
C# ASP .NET Developer