Technical Lead Engineer2020 - PRESENTPhonePe
Technologies: Java, MySQL, MariaDB, Mesosphere, Mesos, Traefik, NGINX, Python, IntelliJ, Dropwizard, Aerospike, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline, Marathon, Elasticsearch, REST, REST APIs, JSON, JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock, CI/CD Pipelines, Agile Software Development, Kanban, Docker, Apache ZooKeeper, Team Mentoring, Scrum Master, API Development, API Design, System Design, Sass, Microservices, RESTful Microservices, RESTful APIs, Software Architecture, API Integration, Unit Testing, Back-end, SQL, SOLID Principles, Technical Leadership, SSL, APIs, Hibernate, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), UX Design, Leadership, Payment APIs, Software Design, Scalable Architecture, Azure
- Spearheaded the engineering effort for direct integration with NPCI's Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS). This integration currently processes over two million transactions, amounting to over one billion rupees daily.
- Articulated with business, site reliability engineering, support, and operations roles and formally mentored other engineers on the team to help drive engineering and product efforts as a technical lead for the bill pay team.
- Helped implement a multi-datacenter set up for the recharge and bill payment ecosystem in an active-active configuration. The set up supports disaster recovery in case of connectivity failure at one of the data centers.
- Launched a new subscriptions category in the PhonePe app and automated the onboarding of new subscription billers, which do not require a development intervention. This category has grown to the highest market share of all its competitors.
Software Development Engineer II2017 - 2019ExpertVoice
- Wrote an Azkaban batch workflow job to support a robust autocomplete feature, improving the page load time of the marketer platform's campaign app from around eight to under three seconds.
- Developed and launched the product recommendations web app using the advocacy platform front-end framework, emphasizing modular Backbone views, reusable UX controls, and robust error handling for Ajax calls.
Software Development Engineer II2016 - 2017Expedia Group
Technologies: REST, REST APIs, Java, Spring, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline, Terraform, Amazon SQS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, Mockito, JUnit, CI/CD Pipelines, API Design, API Development, Sass, Microservices, RESTful Microservices, RESTful APIs, Spring Boot, Unit Testing, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Back-end, SOLID Principles, Architecture, PostgreSQL, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Hibernate, Git, APIs, Linux, SSL, Payment APIs, Software Design
- Wrote a RESTful Java web service for the Task Execution Framework (TEF) and set up service dashboards, monitoring, and alerts using Splunk telemetry data.
- Set integration tests for an asynchronous processing framework to test end-to-end calls across multiple microservices and a Jenkins build job to automate running these tests in the build pipeline.
- Built the next generation of payment processing services that process 97% of Expedia's transactions, leading to a 25% reduction in annual hardware costs.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Microsoft
Technologies: WCF Web Services, OData, JSON, REST, REST APIs, C#, Visual Studio, Sass, API Development, Microservices, Azure, TypeScript, Unit Testing, Back-end, SQL, .NET Core, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#.NET, SOAP, SOLID Principles, APIs, Git, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), ASP.NET Core
- Wrote an OData-based RESTful WCF data service for the team's component testing framework. The service implemented create-read-update-delete (CRUD) operations for three graph-client-helper library requests and could support additional ones.
- Optimized the end-to-end (E2E) tests' code flow for account provisioning flows, reducing their execution time from 60–80 to 40–45 minutes. Defined runner phases as part of quality improvements to help ascertain what code module caused a test failure.
- Cooperated with other senior developers to decrease the system test failure rate by 90% while reducing the test execution time by 50%. It also helped save hardware costs by more than 10%.
Software Developer2012 - 2015Epic
Technologies: NoSQL, Caché, Visual Basic, Full-stack, InterSystems Caché, InterSystems Ensemble, C, C#, C#.NET, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core
- Developed a framework to highlight abnormal BMI values in a patient chart. The feature was included in the 2014 release and received highly positive UX feedback.
- Added support for running complex search queries in Epic's Chart Search tool. This feature supported nested queries, including multiple boolean operators and parenthesis on healthcare big data.
- Helped develop the required feature set to support compliance with the Affordable Care Act requirements. It enabled client hospitals to improve healthcare outcomes and claim Medicare and Medicaid incentives worth around $100 thousand each.