SCSS Developer in Los Angeles, CA, United States
Senior Front-end Developer2018 - 2018Sony Playstation
- Implemented i18n for a client-facing site with an initial focus on English and Japanese.
- Optimized a Webpack build process.
- Added features to existing components.
- Developed and maintained a MPEG-Dash player.
- Worked on Flash/Flex development for kiosks.
- Was awarded the Site of the Day for Muscle Music: a Flash experience and FFmpeg to render video of the Flash experience to Vimeo.
Senior Flash Developer2010 - 2012Heavenspot
- Developed the Mattel Barbie Printable Hair website.
- Created casual Flash games and sites.
Flash Developer2009 - 2010NBC Universal
Technologies: Flash, Flex, Cairngorm
- Performed maintenance on the Flex team for a NBC player.
- Converted AS2 code to AS3.
- Developed casual Flash games.
Senior Flash Developer2003 - 2009Deadline
- Developed a Flash and AIR application for the Ringling Bros' touring schedule.
- Created a Wall•E multiplayer game with a RED server.
- Developed Flash active desktop wallpapers.
- Developed the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise site.
- Los Feliz | Movie (Development)http://losfeliz.at/
I built a website for a feature film by Edgar Honetschläger. Used React.js, Alt.js, and Webpack; the CMS was implemented with Perch.
- Old Spice | Muscle Music (Development)https://thefwa.com/cases/old-spice-terry-crews-muscle-music
I developed a Flash game; specifically, the audio/video sequencer that submitted an EDL to the server and rendered to Vimeo via an FFmpeg.
It won a CLIO Award, some Webby Awards, and the
FWA Site of the Day.
- Jingle Joes/Kmart (Development)
An archived version, not fully functional. Keyboard events are stored in a playlist and saved on the server for sharing and playback.
- Visit Dallas (Development)https://www.visitdallas.com/exploredallasnow/
Mostly SVG animations, intended for in-flight delivery.
- Eastbay Preparation Nation (Development)http://wildlife.la/eastbay-preparation-nation
A promotional site for high-school sports equipment manufacturer
A user can upload a video of their favorite high school sports team. The high school with most uploads wins sports equipment.
The video and the school get geotagged and the location of the user is shown on a map of the US. It shows an Albers projection for master and state outlines/map in detail view. I was responsible for the development of the "Explore the Nation" section.
Technologies: D3.js (for SVG manipulation), Leaflet.js, Mapbox, Create.js
ToolsWebStorm, GitHub, NPM, GreenSock, GitLab, Webpack, Adobe CC
PlatformsGreenSock Animation Platform, MapBox
FrameworksRedux, Electron.js, React Native
Libraries/APIsReact, Backbone.Marionette, HTML5 Canvas, D3.js
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming
- Engineer's degree in Communication Engineering and Electronics1974 - 1979HTL Mödling - Modeling, Austria