Senior DevOps Consultant2018 - 2020Johnson & Johnson
Technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, Groovy, Amazon EKS, Grafana, Prometheus, Python, Java, Jenkins, Docker
- Developed a custom configuration-driven Jenkins Kubernetes deployment explicitly tailored to the company's needs.
- Created a pipeline for deploying on-demand custom Jenkins deployments to Kubernetes.
- Automated migration of legacy Jenkins instances, including credentials, plugins, jobs, permissions, workers, and more to the new solution.
- Set up monitoring for the clusters hosting the custom Jenkins instances like hundreds of Jenkins master instances with hundreds of transitory worker instances.
- Trained and advised operations team on deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Developed a Kubernetes plugin for managing Kubernetes Secrets.
- Developed a tool for scanning Helm charts to find dependencies and manage them.
Software Developer2018 - 2018Chaintag (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Maven, Git, Bitbucket, Hibernate, MySQL, AWS, Boxfuse, Flyway, Spring, Java 8
- Diagnosed and recovered broken back-end infrastructure after a crash.
- Handled production deployment via Boxfuse on AWS.
- Developed new features on the back-end.
- Performed simple database development on MySQL.
- Communicated with the front-end team and guided the use of the back-end API.
Integration Systems Software Developer2016 - 2018Telenor Serbia
Technologies: Linux, SQL, Agile Software Development, GitLab, Python 3, Jira, Maven, Integration, DevOps, Jenkins, Spring Boot, Groovy, Python, PHP, MySQL, Spring, JBoss, Java
- Redesigned and implemented a crucial provisioning system from scratch. The redesign included a complete rethinking of all of the provisioning components, keeping in mind an increased variety of products offered to users.
- Developed a system for tracking the user's lifecycle for both security and user experience concerns. Did a lot of data analysis, which helped make good decisions and approximations where needed.
- Developed a utility tool in Python, which increased the speed of resolving some types of tickets.
- Did multiple migrations, including millions of remote API calls on multiple systems.
- Did optimizations, including shortening the response time of one of our systems 10x.
- Developed a REST microservice abstraction layer over an existing Java driver, which automatically recognized and exposed newly added features of the driver through its API.
- Introduced new technologies like Spring and Java 8.
- Developed many REST and SOAP web services as well as consumed many.