Senior DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Terraform, AWS (EKS, ECS, Cloudwatch, Elastic BeanStalk, Lambda), Gitlab CI, Docker, Kubernetes
- Designed and implemented infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Implemented multi-tenant Kubernetes cluster with observability dashboards.
- Implemented CI/CD for version-controlled infrastructure.
- Implemented centralized logging for multi-account AWS infrastructure.
Production Engineer II2017 - 2019Helpshift Technologies
Technologies: Ansible, HAProxy, Azure, AWS, Jenkins, Pipeline, Job DSL, CI, Sensu, MongoDB, Postgress, Consul
- Removed tech debt items like system upgrades, auto-failover for database systems, and immutable infrastructure.
- Led a Kubernetes project, and helped the developer to shift 80% of workloads from monolith to SOA.
- Scaled MongoDB infrastructure, to support 10TB of data set used by more than 90% of production application.
- Implemented caching for passive workloads to offload DB pressure.
- Debugged issues with Azure cloud engineers on Azure’s end.
- Implemented a highly performant job scheduler using Jenkins.
- Managed Hadoop infrastructure and implemented druid to support the data engineering team in their experiments.
Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2017Browserstack
Technologies: Ansible, Terraform, InfluxDB, MongoDB, AWS, Graphite, GCP, Grafana, Python, Go, Smokeping, Nagios
- Contributed to system design and architecture, creating infrastructure from scratch.
- Supported the company growth from 1,000 rpm to 100,000 rpm in one year.
- Implemented real-time monitoring system for more than 6,000 servers deployed in the hybrid cloud across six different geographically separated locations.
- Developed deployment tool to deploy across the fleet in control, reversible with a feedback loop, with CI hooks.
- Implemented a highly scalable instrumentation system to record application and system metrics to support real-time system and application profiling.
- Automated hybrid cloud management using Ansible (highly configured for a specialized use case).
- Developed and managed lot of in-house tooling for housekeeping, third-party integrations, and a disposable dev environment.
- Started an SOA initiative, and delivered 40% of workloads in a well-managed self-designed microservices framework.
DevOps Intern2013 - 2013Helathkart
Technologies: Node.js, HAProxy, Highcharts, Vagrant, KVM
- Created a tool to load tests (with almost real users) and benchmark applications.
- Supported the team to automate infrastructure provisioning.
- Designed a graphing tool to monitor service health using Node.js and highchart, integrated with haproxy, vmstats, and Linux probes.