Senior DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: GitLab CI/CD, Site Reliability, Terraform, AWS EC2, Redis, Vault, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, DevOps, Ansible, AWS Route 53, Docker, GitLab, AWS CloudWatch, Amazon EKS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda
- Designed and implemented infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Implemented multi-tenant Kubernetes cluster with observability dashboards.
- Implemented CI/CD for version-controlled infrastructure.
- Implemented centralized logging for multi-account AWS infrastructure.
Production Engineer II2017 - 2019Helpshift Technologies
Technologies: Site Reliability, AWS EC2, Redis, Vault, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, DevOps, Ansible, AWS Route 53, Consul, PostgreSQL, Sensu, Continuous Integration (CI), Jenkins Job DSL, Pipeline Programming, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, HAProxy
- Removed tech debt items like system upgrades, auto-failover for database systems, and immutable infrastructure.
- Led a Kubernetes project, and helped the developer to shift 80% of workloads from monolith to SOA.
- Scaled MongoDB infrastructure, to support 10TB of data set used by more than 90% of production application.
- Implemented caching for passive workloads to offload DB pressure.
- Debugged issues with Azure cloud engineers on Azure’s end.
- Implemented a highly performant job scheduler using Jenkins.
- Managed Hadoop infrastructure and implemented druid to support the data engineering team in their experiments.
Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2017Browserstack
Technologies: Terraform, AWS EC2, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, DevOps, Ansible, AWS Route 53, Nagios, SmokePing, Go, Grafana, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Graphite, AWS, InfluxDB
- Contributed to system design and architecture, creating infrastructure from scratch.
- Supported the company growth from 1,000 rpm to 100,000 rpm in one year.
- Implemented real-time monitoring system for more than 6,000 servers deployed in the hybrid cloud across six different geographically separated locations.
- Developed deployment tool to deploy across the fleet in control, reversible with a feedback loop, with CI hooks.
- Implemented a highly scalable instrumentation system to record application and system metrics to support real-time system and application profiling.
- Automated hybrid cloud management using Ansible (highly configured for a specialized use case).
- Developed and managed lot of in-house tooling for housekeeping, third-party integrations, and a disposable dev environment.
- Started an SOA initiative, and delivered 40% of workloads in a well-managed self-designed microservices framework.
DevOps Intern2013 - 2013Helathkart
Technologies: DevOps, KVM, Vagrant, Highcharts, HAProxy, Node.js
- Created a tool to load tests (with almost real users) and benchmark applications.
- Supported the team to automate infrastructure provisioning.
- Designed a graphing tool to monitor service health using Node.js and highchart, integrated with haproxy, vmstats, and Linux probes.