Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Software Developer
Vlad is a skilled DevOps engineer with 18 years of hands-on experience in IT process automation. He has experience in IT staff management, organizing CI/CD processes, and supporting big distributed infrastructures. Vlad's short- and long-term troubleshooting ability is excellent, and he has stellar interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Terraform, Ansible, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed and implemented is a phonetic search algorithm for Ukrainian and Russian languages, similar to the well-known Metaphone.
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Supported, monitored, and troubleshot the world's largest gaming platform.
- Created and maintained CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and GitLab.
- Architected and developed platform solutions for web and gaming teams.
- Managed infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation in multiple AWS accounts across different regions.
- Managed Kubernetes clusters for various Go, Node.js, Java, and Python web services.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Implemented a migration to Azure Project for a client.
- Secured the AWS environment for another client using best security practices.
- Developed CI/CD processes for various clients using a wide range of tools.
- Developed deployment lifecycle process automation.
- Created backups, monitoring, and maintenance using modern tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and third-party providers like Datadog or New Relic.
Head of Key IT Systems Support Unit
- Managed international service delivery and support teams.
- Managed local server infrastructure.
- Improved, deployed, and supported a backoffice insurance system (ITN "Cleva").
- Implemented, improved, and supported an integration platform (Mule ESB).
- Developed process automation.
- Migrated data between front-end, back-end, and accounting systems project delivery.
- Contributed to a digitalization project (online and mobile applications customer service improvement), a data quality project, an operation migration project (contract accounting system), and a product factory project (implementation of quick insurance product delivery in the backoffice system).
Information Technology Officer
Autocentre Media Group
- Supported the 5th top Ukrainian website autobazar.ua.
- Supported infrastructure, planned capacity, and benchmarked milestones.
- Implemented a distributed backup project for all holding affiliates.
- Led the IT department of the managing company of the holding.
- Delivered IT strategy within the bounds of the holding, control over information flows, and control over the use of network resources.
- Contributed SLA, service desk, and providing uninterrupted functioning of servers, PCs, and local area and phone networks.
- Adopted software products.
- Created and integrated the backup system and recovery procedures.
- Licensed software.
- Provided network security projects, including encryption, antivirus, and DLP.
Head of IT Support Unit
Ukrainian Financial Network
- Created the department from zero.
- Set, tuned, and accompanied the system for authorizing and processing payment cards.
- Developed complex policy for IT security on the basis of standards of ISO/ES and requirements from Visa and MasterCard companies.
- Identify and translate requirements into technology architecture
- Choose technologies for implementation of delivery pipeline
- Code, test, and debug technical solutions in compliance with the defined engineering standards
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Track code quality of application/reusable components
AWS Website Security
- Implement follow-ups after security audit
- Choose right configuration for securing database and back-end services
- Code, test, and implement solution in compliance with the requested security standards
- Migrate production servers to secured area inside AWS
- Implement process for deploying code into a secured area
- Implement, improve, and support the integration platform (Mule ESB)
- Manage international service delivery and support teams
- Manage cloud-based server infrastructure
- Develop process automation
- Deploy to AWS cloud
- Migrate data between front-end, back-end, and accounting systems in a multi-datacenter environment
- Deliver micro projects
Backoffice Platform Migration
- Migrate Java applications and Oracle databases from Solaris platform to cloud-based Linux solution for cost saving along with performance improvements
- Define acceptance criteria and the definition of "done"
- Provide migration plan and schedule.
- Prepare and migrate the platform
- Provide support
Mass Media and eCommerce Site
- Implement distributed backup project for all holding affiliates.
- Deliver an IT strategy within the bounds of holding, control over information flows, and control over the use of network resources (SLA, Service Desk, uninterrupted functioning of servers, PCs, local area networks)
- Adopte software products
- Create and integrate the backup system and recovery procedures, including licensing.
- Provide the network security project, from encryption and antivirus to DLP
Packer, Apache Maven, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, GitLab, Vagrant, TFS, Jenkins, Git, NGINX, Grafana, Amazon EKS, Docker Hub, GitLab CI/CD, TeamCity, Travis CI, Ansible, Apache, Hashistack, HashiCorp, ITerm, VPN, Nagios, Zabbix, Hyper-V
DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Best Practices, Secure Code Best Practices, Microservices, Serverless Architecture
Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Red Hat Linux, Kubernetes, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, MacOS, FreeBSD, Drone CI, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Lambda, Unix, Azure, Oracle, Heroku
Cloud Deployment, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Memcached, Datadog, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
Release Management, CI/CD Pipelines, AWS DevOps, Cloud Architecture, Backups, DNS, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Amazon RDS, Linux Server Administration, VMware ESXi, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), API Gateways, Consulting, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Networking, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Ruby, Python, Bash
REST APIs, React
Ant Design, Windows PowerShell
Master's Degree in Computer Linguistics
Odessa National University - Odessa, Ukraine