Darcie G. Fitzpatrick
Verified Expert in Design
Darcie is a user experience specialist and product strategist who has helped define and develop multiple greenfield digital products for enterprise organizations and worked with numerous startups and founders through all growth and business development stages. She relies on design thinking and human-centered approaches while working in agile, iterative processes.
Parrit | Product Development and MVP Launch
User Experience Practice Lead
Red Hat, Open Innovation Labs
- Led remote and traveling teams for public sector engagements with a focus on DevOps culture, agile methodologies, and cloud-native processes.
- Drove user experience design of software applications plus various internal and external design initiatives including conferences.
- Worked directly with customers for enablement on software development best practices with a focus on open culture and open technology.
Self-employed | Consulting
- Worked with tech companies and startups to help validate and define user experience strategy, interface design, and branding plus marketing needs, guiding collaboration, research, strategy, and full-stack product design execution.
- Led projects plus managed resourcing and scheduling, workshop facilitation, design thinking, creative strategy, user research, digital marketing, UX design, prototyping and usability testing, print collateral, brand development, and web design.
- Collaborated with clients including Byton, Roofus App, Bixel Exchange, The MLS, Humanity Studio, Aaron Brumer & Associates, FOX Broadcasting, VO|CO drink, and more.
Senior Product Designer
- Spearheaded design projects embedded in customer engagement teams for proprietary software application development.
- Focused on agile iterative process and extreme programming for growth and innovation of enterprise business solutions.
- Worked alongside cross-functional teams to modernize software development processes through cloud technology, TDD, and CI/CD.
Lead User Interface Designer
Contract | Consulting
- Embedded in UX design and special project teams for product and business development of Edmunds.com online and mobile platforms.
- Pitched and led a project for developing the branding, website, and marketing collateral for ReplyToSome software for Outlook users.
- Collaborated directly with founders during the early stages of product development to establish a Beta user experience and branding for the online education platform, HotshotLegal.com.
- Worked directly with the founder in the startup phases of business to establish branding, website, and collateral for a land-use consulting firm.
- Collaborated with the digital production design team at Fox Broadcasting for support of TV show launches and cross-channel seasonal media buys.
- Guided various design thinking workshops through business development of real estate crowdfunding platform AssetAvenue.com.
- Pitched, developed and instructed design workshop for General Assembly students.
- Featured traditional graphic design principles for the web designer as a topic for the session.
- Expanded participants' knowledge to untapped areas of influence.
- Joined the company during early-stage growth to streamline and implement the design process including hiring the team and liaising with clients.
- Provided cross-channel, online, and mobile user experiences and campaigns for entertainment + CPG clients as well as social community management with exclusive daily content.
- Managed a team and provided project resourcing and hiring, process design, digital marketing, client pitching, workshop facilitation, campaign strategy, creative direction, UX design, visual design, web design, social media, and brand development.
Senior Art Director
- Contributed to Mitsubishi Cars North America, a cross-channel winter digital campaign for online and mobile as well as social outreach and content.
- Led projects and provided digital marketing, workshop facilitation, campaign strategy, concept development, creative direction, photography production, UX design, visual design, web design, social media, and brand development.
- Partnered the campaign launch with Weather Underground, leading to an increase in sales on AWD vehicles.
Mirum Shopper (formerly Lunchbox)
- Joined during a period of rapid growth when the company was named Lunchbox, focused on exclusive marketing products offered through partnerships with Walmart.com.
- Provided customer engagement and user experiences for award-winning, 360° online, mobile, and in-store CPG campaigns and eCommerce platforms including media buys, social outreach, and exclusive video content.
- Managed a team (four reports, freelancers) and provided project leadership.
Art Director and Web Designer
Publishing & Entertainment Consultant
- Provided a range of services for clients including Robb Report, Loyalty Creative, E! Networks, ZAJI, Good Housekeeping, and US Weekly.
- Designed advertising and digital marketing.
- Led projects and provided creative direction.
- Designed identity and branding.
- Concepted and designed websites, page layouts, and print design.
- Pitched ideas to clients.
- Produced videos and photo shoots.
Coursework in Production of Film & TV, Screenwriting, Motion Design
UCLA Extenstion - Los Angeles, CA
Certificate in Acting Technique & Scene Study
American Academy of Dramatic Arts - New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications (Advertising and Graphic Design)
Washington State University - Pullman, WA