Verified Expert in Design
Elena is a multidisciplinary product designer and educator with over seven years of experience and a background in architecture. She speaks four languages that have helped her conveniently explore the world. Elena has extensive experience in end-to-end product design. She has worked for various companies, from helping startups in the early stages build their voice and tone to re-thinking complex solutions within enterprise software that impact business at its heart.
Staff UX Designer
- Improved patient experience with the mobile app and the website.
- Led research initiatives that involved recruiting and direct communication with cancer patients on testing new functionality and uncovering current product issues.
- Ran a workshop based on Design Sprint methodology with company leadership to outline and align on the next big goal for the organization.
Senior UX Designer
- Led a number of research initiatives to support a user-centric approach to developing new software and features.
- Improved the design handoff process to developers along with re-organizing the design system.
- Managed the research that shifted the company's focus from developing features not confirmed by potential end-users.
- Collaborated continuously with key stakeholders on identifying requirements for the manufacturing environment.
- Advocated for user needs and pain points through research on a company level.
- Drove a kickoff meeting between managing partners and business stakeholders to outline engagement goals.
- Designed a service blueprint based on existing workflow with proposed solutions uncovering more opportunities for problem-solving.
- Ran a few collaborative sessions for the team to gather all known aspects for the problem space.
Product Design Mentor
- Created an education program on product design basics for illustrators with a focus on ongoing assignments and company strategy.
- Gave 10+ lessons that include lectures and workshops using the existing roadmap.
- Provided ongoing support and personal feedback to students.
UX Consultant (Volunteer)
- Co-led a design team at Orcasound, a nonprofit organization with a focus on orca conservation. Helped establish design operations within the team.
- Mentored visual designers on creating an elegant and user-friendly GUI.
- Implemented human-centered design, and helped outline goals for further research and development.
Princeton Equity Group
- Led kick-off activities with the team and client to outline product goals and technical feasibilities for creating a news aggregator that helps find potential investments faster.
- Identified key persona and user flow and provided an interactive lo-fi prototype for the flow.
- Built a basic style guide, including typography, colors, and other assets based on the company's existing brand positioning.
Lecturer/Mentor (Product Design Course)
- Created a program with technical basics for junior designers.
- Collected visual materials and prepared practical tasks for each lesson.
- Presented online lectures with ongoing mentoring for 70+ students.
Design Team Lead
- Defined the product strategy for online and offline solutions.
- Led the product team from defining business goals to actual product launch, including UX research (in-depth interviews, value proposition map, how might we, and feature prioritization).
- Implemented a design system and supervised the visual design.
UX Designer | UX Researcher
- Improved and created next-gen complex enterprise solutions using a human-centered design approach.
- Worked in various business domains, including B2B eCommerce, travel and hospitality, life science and healthcare, software and hi-tech, and ISVS and technology as part of cross-functional product teams.
- Led a team on creating the concept for an innovative B2B eCommerce platform.
- Mentored four pre-junior designers (one of which joined our team and was promoted to the next level after six months).
- Ran 15+ interviews with potential candidates for the design team.
- Created and ran a team channel on social media (reached an audience of up to 300 subscribers) to improve visibility on the market and attract new candidates.
- Strengthened corporate design community by organizing 5+ team events.
- Continuous partnership with PMs, engineers, and stakeholders in cross-functional teams within the company and its clients.
Product Designer | UX Researcher
- Led the user research, including in-depth user interviews, personas, information architecture, remote moderated usability tests, and uncovered important usability issues as part of a complex redesign.
- Provided a holistic base of wireframes (LoFi) that covers the most critical user flow (complex search) within the system and edge cases.
- Helped a team of visual designers maintain the design system and create high-fidelity mockups for further front-end development.
- Ran user interviews with potential users of the product.
- Collected usability insights for further product development.
- Improved and extended user interface components within the design library.
- Turned conceptual ideas into products—created and redesigned 20+ websites and web and mobile applications for different purposes.
- Developed, from scratch, products for foreign startups.
- Provided graphic and brand design for various products and services.
- Communicated directly with clients to gather requirements and feedback.
- Collaborated with developers continuously during implementation.
- Led the design concept development for the new website.
- Designed the packaging and labels for new and existing products.
- Designed layouts for print advertorials and created layouts for email marketing.
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
Lviv Polytechnic National University - Lviv, Ukraine
Designing and Building AI Products and Services
UX Data Mining and Analytics