George Dan Foia
Verified Expert in Design
George, or Mr. Pixel, is an award-winning web and mobile lead UX and UI designer with over 18 years of experience. He has led the design efforts of the UK's only medical class 1 app, downloaded by more than 24 million users and rated 4.6 stars in the App Store. George has also led the design efforts of one of the world's largest banks' mobile banking apps with over 6 million users and raised its 1.9 rating to 4.8 in the App Store. He designs beautiful interfaces that achieve business goals.
UK's COVID-19 Contact Tracing App
Mobile Banking App for One of the World's Largest Banks
Lead UX and UI Designer | Consultant
- Led the design efforts of the UK's only medical class 1 app. The app was downloaded by more than 24 million users, had 4.6 stars from over 281,000 reviews in the App Store, and was ranked number one in the medical section.
- Created user scenarios, rich pictures, user flow diagrams, low-fidelity wireframes, AA WCAG 2.1 compliant high-fidelity designs, prototypes, illustrations, and other visual assets, and set up a component library.
- Conducted ideation sessions, Three Amigos workshops, co-design sessions, retrospectives, and stakeholders reviews.
- Presented the UX team's progress in a show and tell, participated in user testing sessions, and set up the UX process and teams interaction.
- Managed a team of five designers, including researchers, distributed remotely in different locations and time zones. Set up the design scope and process, approach, and design direction.
Lead UX and UI Designer
Mr Pixel Studio (Freelance)
- Designed an advanced teaching platform app for iPads, used by public and private schools in China. The platform helped teachers provide bespoke teaching and testing of different student levels.
- Assisted stakeholders to define and prioritize the product roadmap by conducting user and stakeholders interviews, user story mapping, now-next-later roadmap, jobs to be done, user stories, estimations, retrospectives, and show and tells.
- Created user personas and scenarios, conducted competitor analysis, sketched rich pictures, and conducted card sorting workshops and usability testing.
- Designed user flow diagrams, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity designs, prototypes, and design systems.
- Designed numerous websites, illustrations, logos, icons, mobile apps, and other visual assets.
GSC Technologies Limited
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and heuristic and accessibility evaluations of the existing app. Identified and documented the improvement opportunities and prioritized them with the product owner.
- Created several low-fidelity flow variations and wireframes, to communicate the newly proposed concepts, and iterated based on user feedback; then reviewed and signed off on the low-fidelity flows with the stakeholders.
- Constructed mood boards to align with the stakeholders on the visual direction; created high-fidelity designs using best practices component creation.
- Built a component library to ensure visual consistency and design process efficiency.
Lead UX Designer | Bank Consultant
- Led the design efforts for one of the world's largest bank's mobile banking apps. The app was downloaded by over six million users, gathered 4.8 stars from over 922,000 reviews in the App Store, and was ranked number one in the financial category.
- Conducted ideation sessions, three amigos workshops, co-design sessions, team retrospectives, and stakeholder reviews. Presented the UX team's progress in a show and tell, usability testing, and user interviews.
- Created user scenarios, rich pictures, user flow diagrams, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity designs, prototypes, icons, and design systems.
Senior UX and UI Designer
- Designed the events app used by event planners, fund managers, and professional investors to organize and assist different global events.
- Conducted user and stakeholder interviews, created personas, user journey mapping, user scenarios, user flow diagrams, prototypes, and oversaw user testing.
- Created low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity designs, logos, and the design system.
- Designed a variety of features for the main Citywire website.
- Created low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity designs, design system, social marketing materials, and logos.
Senior UX and UI Designer
First Beat Media (Freelance)
- Designed a content writing marketplace proof-of-concept web app, which allowed content writing specialists to get freelance jobs and other service users to hire content writers based on their custom project requirements.
- Conducted user and stakeholder interviews, created user personas, user story mapping, user flow diagrams, low-fidelity designs, and prototypes, and ran user testing.
- Created numerous website templates used for a large network of websites.
Senior UI Designer
51 Blocks (Freelance)
- Designed and developed numerous WordPress themes and other website templates.
- Created high-fidelity designs, logos, icons, and other visual assets.
UI Designer and Developer
- Designed a web app that empowered dentists to collaborate, discuss, and share ideas and solutions with their team or other remote dentists.
- Created high-fidelity designs, logos, and other visual assets and converted them into HTML and CSS code.
- Created animated Flash banners and static banners.
Graphic and Interaction Designer
- Maintained, updated, and created new visual elements for a network of several large websites.
- Created animated Flash advertising banners, logos, and other visual assets.
- Developed print designs for several newspapers owned by the company.
Coursework Towards a Degree in Information Technology
University of Oradea - Oradea, Romania
Certificate of Programming in Mathematics & IT
Mihai Eminescu College - Oradea, Romania
Human Centric Leaders
Development Team Of The Year 2021 Award
UK IT Industry Awards
Nielsen Norman Group