Verified Expert in Design
Mustafa is a data-driven, digital product design leader with 7+ years of experience in B2B and B2C companies and fast-paced, high-growth startups. He specializes in designing user-friendly systems for people across different digital touchpoints, following a successful process that is always user-focused, experience-driven, and design-led. Mustafa's unique combination of skills in UI, UX, brand, and product design allowed him to exceed business and user expectations time after time.
Node Microfinance Wallet
Design System Lead
- Led an agile-based visual and technical direction of the experience design, visual style, and tooling, with input from director-level product design and development team peers.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to define initiatives and prioritize features and enhancements to create product strategy roadmaps, ensuring successful feature rollouts while quickly adapting to changes in a highly fast-paced environment.
- Implemented and documented the design system for designers and engineers.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative usability testing of products and services for a corporate gifting platform company, resulting in a pivot to a more user-friendly experience.
- Increased sales by 90% for a new iteration of the gifting platform, leading the creative development within an Agile framework to simplify the product's usability for younger age groups.
- Worked with the product team, development, sales, operations, and marketing to create a better experience across all segments.
- Developed new ideas and articulated artistic rationale to support creative concepts and direction.
- Balanced frictions and needs with our company's business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
- Executed all the visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Ensured the excellence of all creative work, guaranteeing its execution was consistent, cohesive, and stayed on brand.
- Owned several growth experiments and features end to end, such as phone registration, onboarding improvements, and contact book syncing. Each of which had a positive impact on the number of monthly active users (MAU).
- Integrated the design team, participated in design critiques, contributed with reusable components to the design system, and helped with interviews.
- Redesigned significant touchpoints of the product, which generated $5 million in venture funding and investments.
- Presented the system's mission, library, and processes to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams throughout the enterprise.
- Engaged with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and other designers, to bring concepts to reality at every stage of the development.
- Produced visual designs and support implementation for Android and iOS.
- Architected and produced high-fidelity and engaging customer journeys.
- Created conceptual storyboards, wireframes, designs, and functional prototypes to drive product direction and define the user interaction model and workflows.
- Presented designs, communicated the rationale, negotiated trade-offs, and integrated feedback.
- Worked with a team of designers, strategists, developers, and business stakeholders from concept to completion to craft meaningful experiences for our users through iterative design.
- Provided and requested UX and UI feedback from others across a wide range of disciplines to achieve a rich perspective.
- Designed stunning user experiences that guided users to the end goal.
- Articulated my vision in each step, such as user flows, rapid prototyping, wireframes, interactive demos, and more.
- Ran website audits to analyze the existing traffic, the success of the sitemap, search engine optimization (SEO), and link quality.
- Provided CSS deliverables, front-end specifications, and assets to developers.
- Developed and designed multiple Drupal and WordPress sites for clients such as Yale University, Foreign Affairs, and other nonprofit organizations, leading a team of four designers.
- Designed a flexible WordPress template to allow the campaign to grow in interactions.
- Managed a campaign that required my ability to juggle multiple sub-projects and meet short deadlines.
- Built an innovative and refined web solution for a prevention campaign.
- Framed the design to align with our target market experiences on Android devices; used flows, colors, and copywriting that was meaningful and accessible to the target market.
- Created an interface that was concerned with maintaining accessibility for older generations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
COMSATS University Islamabad - Islamabad, Pakistan
Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring