Verified Expert in Design
Hanieh is a design consultant with nearly ten years in the digital space. She leverages the human-centered design, product strategy, and UX design principles to build impactful and equitable solutions within international development, public health, and community engagement. Her past projects range from websites and chatbots to mobile apps and experiential displays. Hanieh's successes include improved conversion, increased engagement, and innovative designs that reach millions of diverse users.
Youth-driven Design for CyberRwanda
eCommerce Redesign for Tasty Ribbon
UX Design Lead
- Led the design of CyberRwanda, a digital platform that aims to improve the health and livelihoods of adolescents in Rwanda.
- Headed the design research, prototyping, product strategy, and MVP build of digital health interventions for the youth and providers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Developed and facilitated design training for clients, partners, and the youth to build HCD capacity within organizations and communities.
- Contributed to the creation of scaling and digital strategies for projects and to the organization at large by setting up new processes and standards.
- Managed design teams and work plans. Headed recruitment and hiring.
Juno College of Technology
- Taught an eight-week design bootcamp to over 20 students covering topics such as UX research, product design, and accessibility.
- Mentored students through lessons and interactive exercises and worked with them to support their project work.
- Developed and facilitated design training modules to increase capacity, education, and knowledge for creatives and designers.
Senior UX Strategist
Art & Science
- Prepared and facilitated client discovery sessions and other UX workshops to understand target users, business requirements, and project goals.
- Led UX design for a variety of digital campaigns and products, working with clients, leadership, marketing specialists, and developers to launch on time and within budget.
- Applied human-centered design methods to uncover user needs, goals, challenges, and behaviors to inform the design of inclusive and feasible solutions for various clients.
- Presented findings, UX strategy, and design solutions, including sitemaps, personas, user flows, and wireframes, to clients in engaging and creative ways.
- Advocated for and helped advance UX practices through thought leadership, mentorship, and building and fostering the design team.
- Designed customer and employee-facing end-to-end digital applications, sites, and tools, helping deliver innovative and effective UX solutions.
- Conducted competitor research and led UX workshops, leveraging insights to create flows and wireframes for over 10 million customers.
- Collaborated with business partners and internal teams to turn business requirements and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
- Contributed to the development of information architecture and usability standards for the social and corporate intranet and 45,000 employees.
- Conducted a UX audit to identify areas of improvement and developed a UX strategy highlighting design recommendations and success metrics.
- Prepared research plans, led interviews and usability testing, and conducted a UX audit to identify design opportunities and solutions.
Web Design Assistant
Geneva Centre for Autism
- Designed, tested, and launched five interactive online courses for parents and educators interested in learning about autism spectrum disorder (ASD), focusing on usability principles and accessibility.
- Collaborated with subject matter experts to develop and edit content such as voiceovers, lessons, and videos.
- Handled all customer feedback, comments, and questions. Provided technical and client support to students, ensuring their feedback and pain points informed future design decisions.
- Created and managed microsites for company events and programs on Joomla and WordPress.
Master of Science Degree in Human-computer Interaction (HCI)
University of York - York, United Kingdom
Post-graduate Certificate in New Media Journalism
Sheridan College - Oakville, Canada
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Arts and Humanities
University of Toronto - Toronto, Canada