Verified Expert in Design
Jack is an end-to-end product designer from London with a strong background in UX and product strategy. His experience is predominantly in fintech and eCommerce, where he's delivered large-scale projects for brands such as HSBC and Harrods. More recently, he's worked in Hong Kong, helping several startups get off the ground. Jack also specializes in scaling design teams, advocating best practices, and taking part in many mentoring initiatives outside of work.
Split Bill, a New Feature for PayMe, Hong Kong's Favorite Digital Wallet
HSBC DART – Integrating a Payment Gateway to Complete the DART Ecosystem
AEFE – A Digital Workspace for International School Students to Collaborate around the Globe
Senior Product Designer
- Created and managed the PepsiCo design system, as a senior product designer.
- User researched contextual inquiry and researched presentations to senior stakeholders to inform product strategy.
- Planned roadmaps and prioritized features with product leaders.
Senior Product Designer
Rush Hour Digital
- Built frameworks, design experience ecosystems, and distinct brand visual identities for startup clients within the fintech space and education sector while working as an interim design lead (maternity cover).
- Designed a collaborative digital workspace for the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE) to allow French international school students to participate in remote exchange projects with other classes from all over the globe.
- Redefined the design services offered so that the business could charge higher prices for its projects by monetizing discovery research and opening up a consultancy arm of the company.
- Designed new features to help drive growth for Hong Kong’s favorite digital wallet.
- Created an in-app loyalty program to enhance and strengthen the PayMe ecosystem.
- Headed the research and design for PayMe’s most requested feature, Split Bill.
- Ran regular workshops with senior stakeholders to help define the product roadmap based on customer insights.
- Tested and learned by rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Worked on a range of key strategic projects and quick test-and-learn conversion optimizations across the whole customer experience.
- Promoted the discipline across the business, mentored creatives, and grew the department to a team of four by demonstrating value to senior stakeholders as Harrod’s first UX design hire.
- Led A/B and usability programs by setting up a testing lab within the Harrods store to enable the design team to conduct regular testing sessions on a new design and the existing features and assess product categories performing poorly online.
- Facilitated workshops with key stakeholders and customers to deliver a detailed report on the buying journey and customer empathy maps evaluating the process for schools to acquire and onboard new special educational needs products.
- Delivered a complete redesign of Filisia’s website to increase orders for their flagship product, Cosmo.
- Created a product roadmap to drive customer acquisition for the Cosmo product.
- Managed key accounts across the technology, finance, and retail spaces.
- Helped grow the digital services offering and team.
- Helped scale design teams for many startups in London.
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Nottingham Trent University - Nottingham, UK
Diploma in Digital Marketing
Chartered Institute of Marketing