Verified Expert in Design
Jesse is a UX and product designer working on how Amazon Alexa Music can be integrated into customers' lives seamlessly with the Amazon devices we use daily. He has delivered innovative products to clients such as Microsoft, Verizon, Sony, Morgan Stanley, Ralph Lauren, UBS, and Hewlett-Packard. Jesse focuses on utilizing his full range of UX design methodologies to advocate for the user and solve complex challenges.
- Executed new and innovative ideas in multimodal formats with Amazon Alexa, improving upon the daily use cases of customers in the music space using our selection of Amazon devices, including Echo shows and FireTV.
- Worked within the Alexa Entertainment group, tailoring experiences for content producers, podcasts, books, video, and music experiences.
- Designed the music certification process software for all Amazon devices and music service providers. Led interaction design and user research and validated with business and developers for final approval.
Senior UX Designer
- Designed and implemented new flows, personas, journeys, and wireframes for Morgan Stanley's AskResearch chatbot in topics such as latest events, research reports, historical price target changes, stocks, and other financial data.
- Served as the lead designer working with product managers, developers, and business stakeholders to align, collect user research, iterate, and release new intents for research analysts.
- Designed AskResearch for Outlook interactions, allowing quick information to be captured while communicating with clients through email.
- Spearheaded a project with Microsoft by creating Return to Workplace solutions through Power Apps, Microsoft 365, and Power BI platforms.
- Designed the overall conversation, interaction, and visual design of Verizon's chatbot technology targeting small business customers adding an international travel plan and making a bill payment.
- Executed journeys, personas, wireframes, and initial concept of Ralph Lauren's fashion augmented reality technology pilot aimed at helping retail stores and customers deliver a seamless experience.
- Consulted Duke Energy through conducting user research, interaction design, workshops, visual design, and style guide design to create software tailored to CSRs answering customer concerns at a utilities call center.
- Consulted UBS, Credit Suisse, and HPE by creating the interaction design, flows, personas, customer journeys, and overall wireframes of investment banking software, IPO management system, and server management systems.
- Led the design and executed a Catalyst project for quoting small business insurance targeted towards underwriters.
- Designed the flow, visuals, and interactions for a Raptors-sponsored auto quote insurance platform.
- Successfully shipped a small business insurance quoting product working with business, tech, and internal stakeholders.
- Conducted usability testing sessions and demos to further improve on the product during multiple design stages.
- Led design through the creation of responsive applications such as tvOS apps, investment portal, voice banking, chatbots, and travel insurance at the Manulife RED Lab.
- Spearheaded the development and design of a claims platform and collaborated with business stakeholders and product managers to execute.
- Followed the product design process by delivering customer journeys, personas, user research, and visuals to drive success within each project.
- Executed the Ocelot CMS and worked with designers, developers, QA, and businesses to gather requirements and ship the product.
- Introduced formal elements of visual communication such as contrast, scale, color, rhythm, and typography utilizing these methods on the Telus homepage and reshaping brand direction.
- Sketched low-fidelity wireframes and created high-fidelity visuals from idea to prototype, improving upon each version through user feedback.
- Created video animations to promote our product's role at TELUS Digital, incorporating the value the product achieves in the firm.
- Participated in a digital jam session spanning two days, solving a UX design problem while focusing on the principles of TELUS Digital and presenting our solution to the digital team.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Global Business and Digital Arts
University of Waterloo - Toronto, Ontario, Canada