Verified Expert in Design
Karina is a full-stack UI/UX designer with a psychology and industrial design background. She enjoys working on really complex consumer-facing products, diving deep into the domain. Her expertise also includes research and ideation, prototyping and user testing, visual design and branding, building and maintaining design systems, handling the product from the ground up. She works closely with cross-functional partners to create the best experiences possible and ensure alignment.
Lead Product Designer
- Collaborated with a cross-functional distributed team of researchers and developers, contributing to defining product requirements.
- Produced user and product flow, presented to stakeholders, performed prototyping and user testing.
- Designed the app, admin portal for SaaS clients, and company websites. Worked on visual design, including logo and branding for the app and company website.
- Set up and managed the design system in Figma, developing a style guide for the open-source release.
- Supported research and marketing teams for all their graphic needs.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Optimized onboarding funnel for direct consumers.
- Expanded user acquisition beyond paid ads by sharing and referrals.
- Handled the entire process, from brainstorming workshops to product flows,. wireframes, prototyping, usability testing, visual design, and handoff to engineers.
- Collaborated on an internal cross-functional team of PM, engineers, marketing managers, and customer support.
Lead Product Designer
- Performed market and user research and product-market fit validation for the two-sided marketplace startup that enables customers to share medical offices.
- Designed and developed the MVP landing page, tracked analytics and iterated supported customer development in phase one.
- Led brainstorming sessions, user journey mapping, service blueprint, flow and wireframes in phase two.
- Performed minimal branding, UI design, created and maintained design system while working on the visual design.
- Managed development and led a team of 6 developers while coordinating between stakeholders and the team.
- Worked on user flow and information architecture for the app, allowing users to tap into a network of close friends in order to exchange help on tasks that require a high level of trust.
- Worked on visual design, UI, and general look and feel.
- Prototyped in InVision, conducted user testing, and iterated on implementing feedback.
- Coordinated with developers and prepared assets for the handoff.
- Designed the B2B2C version of the app, including new user flow and visual design.
- Redesigned the original app, iterated about the onboarding flow.
- Created a responsive website, site architecture and scope, wireframing, and visual design.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Design
Hadassah Academic College - Jerusalem, Israel
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Sociology
Hebrew University of Jerusalem - Jerusalem, Israel
Product Manager Nanodegree
Android Basics Nanodegree
Google | via Audacity
University of California San Diego