Verified Expert in Design
Behind big glasses are eyes for pattern and detail. Kate's experience means she knows how to meticulously balance the hundreds of aesthetic elements and technical events required to make designs great, function well, and resonate with users. Throughout her career, Kate has always strived to ensure that her passion and enthusiasm for her work shine through, and she has learned that having a platform through which she can question and develop ideas can harness greater creativity.
Hertz Vehicle Results
- Facilitated new projects and ventures: managed them, scoped them out with requirements, and engaged with other freelancers to create meaningful work.
- Worked with startups to facilitate user research that's central to design thinking.
- Mapped user journeys with the help of competitor analysis to structure the IA and user flow and to surface any opportunities and limitations.
- Created user flows, structuring information and validating business objectives for each project.
- Wireframed in low and high fidelity through to prototyping in InVision/Figma.
- Created user testing prototypes, conducting user testing with comprehensive, well thought out, and structured discussion guides that have purpose and drive business objectives.
- Designed rich and enhanced user interfaces on the back of brand guidelines and user research.
- Created strong identities for businesses to use across multimedia campaigns or products.
Theory of Me
- Designed an app for athletes to reflect their mental health state while at college playing sports.
- Performed a discovery session for client and user persona creation.
- Worked on the wireframe, user flow design, and high-level branding application to showcase the prototype to potential investors.
Web and Mobile App Designer
The Parasol Cooperative Foundation
- Collaborated closely with experts in the field and translated empathy and user-centered research into intuitive interfaces, ensuring users found a haven within the app's digital ecosystem.
- Employed a thoughtful design approach that prioritized accessibility, confidentiality, and empowerment, fostering a platform that offered critical resources and support while navigating the topic's sensitive nature.
- Created a counterpart platform tailored for social organizations.
- Enabled the twin application to facilitate seamless communication and collaboration between support providers, allowing them to efficiently coordinate assistance for the users.
Clear Protect LLC
- Acted as a graphic designer specializing in automotive accessories and had the unique opportunity to infuse creativity into everyday elements of vehicles.
- Worked within the automotive design sphere and found that attention to detail was paramount. Precise measurements and considerations were essential to integrate each graphic element into its designated space seamlessly.
- Learned to balance artistic flair with functional requirements, considering readability, durability, and regulatory standards.
- Consulted in best UX design practices for an app that helps with inventory management for bars and restaurants.
- Included design tasks. Reviewed current wireframes, user journeys, and the Figma prototype. Recommended changes, routes, and best UX design practices. Suggested changes to the UI design that would make the app stand out and be more usable.
- Created a successful brief and provided the client with clear UX best practice guides and insight into how a strong and consistent UI helps with its success and general use.
Space Reimagined, Inc
- Designed a consumer-facing iOS native app that facilitated an on-demand valet personal storage business.
- Built the iOS app, a simple marketing website, and a back-end management system.
- Led the design process from a brand engagement level. Added my marketing expertise in ensuring the products were consistent and easy to use from a UX perspective.
Senior Product Designer
- Involved actively in both product strategy and product delivery. Researched and thought through complex user problems, finding reasonable solutions, mocking them up in detail, and working with engineers to build them.
- Re-skinned the existing subscription account app, improving the user experience and design in-line with the new branding. The main goal was to leverage the use of the design system and build upon its components.
- Worked within and expanded the Mindful Chef brand throughout digital touch-points. Developed processes and frameworks to enable consistency and efficiency through design systems, guidelines, and pattern or component libraries.
- Re-skinned across the entire website. The company had undergone a re-brand in collaboration with the agency Ragged Edge. The biggest challenge was to establish a design system and pattern library from the new brand assets for future use.
Space Reimagined, Inc (Toptal Projects)
- Designed an iOS app that facilitated the delivery of storage boxes to your door via UPS. The app had tracking functionality and the ability to see what packages you had in storage and send them to an address of your choice in one click.
- Established the brand look and feel across multiple marketing channels.
- Rolled out a design system to support the growing functionality of the app.
Senior UX and UI Consultant
- Worked on a digital transformation for a ticketing platform with key stakeholders and business heads across the company to produce a new UI for the website.
- Conducted user research and competitor analysis to solutionize low/hi‑fidelity wireframes and the final pixel-perfect UI.
- Organized and conducted stakeholder UX workshops and mapped business objectives against user-centric data collected from user testing sessions which I organized and led.
- Facilitated and led a new look and feel for the Nez app.
- Led extensive research into existing user data to create a new user experience and interface for the product.
- Directed photoshoots for food and then turned them into various OOH advertising campaigns. Designed and developed food-related promotional costumes for staff to wear.
- Created Nez's brand strategy and developed the brand guidelines, including copy, social assets, and photography.
Senior UX and UI Consultant
- Worked with one of CX's leading partners, Hertz, on a project to improve their vehicle results page due to a drop in conversion. Took ownership on user research, personas, journey mapping, and wireframing through to the end UI design.
- Facilitated the UX research and UI design for a face recognition app for Hertz to open and lock rental cars without needing customer services. Worked closely with the head of product to prioritize and conceptualize the product strategy.
- Worked with a senior UX team to facilitate and lead a UX workshop with AXA Healthcare to understand and map user-centered journeys for a potential new product that would streamline health insurance.
- Creatively led and crafted the information architecture, user experience, and interface for an app for Jaguar Land Rover.
- Produced user journeys and low/hi-fidelity wireframes. Contributed to usability, A/B testing, and design iterations on an AR Formula One racing game.
- Worked with JLR stakeholders to refine process and app functionality for their sign-up process and CRM tool.
- Led design for American Express, redesigning landing pages with Amex's new look and feel illustrations.
- Conducted design for the British Airways Summer Sale pitch, working with key members of various departments to complete components that supported the creative.
- Led design for the Samsung Knox project, art-working design files, and retouching images for OOH advertising.
- Oversaw and designed all elements for the brand while working with a developing team to build the iOS/Android app.
- Secured round two of fundraising, which meant that I worked closely with the CEO and founder to carve, craft, and produce all of the brand elements and UI function.
- Defined user journeys and user personas and developed research on existing breakupbuddy competitors. Structured discussion guides and held user testing to understand user requirements.
- Managed a team of developers and other designers, copywriters, and project managers.
- Led design within re.fresch. The day to day was balanced by the hundreds of aesthetic elements and technical events required to make designs great, function well, and resonate with users.
- Turned company profiles into infographic journeys while exploring the needs for a new identity or digital marketing assets for the likes of travel companies, independent special needs schools, and data analytics companies.
- Gained in-depth knowledge of business consulting and how to restructure companies from the ground up while supporting any digital work that became an effecting factor.
- Obtained a thorough understanding of how to scale up a small business, the power of branding, and its impact on a company internally as well as how to lead small teams of stakeholders to a viable end product.
The Virtual Forge
- Led the studio as its creative director. I explored the realms of design through a multitude of innovative platforms such as e-learning systems and SaaS for clients such as Adobe, Jaguar Land Rover, Commerzbank, Deloitte, and EE.
- Gained valuable experience in UI/UX and design for mobile tools and internet applications. Collaborated with clients to lead in-depth user research, journey mapping, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Oversaw website design and branding as key elements, as well as daily management of client expectations, project management, stakeholder engagement, and day to day running of the design team.
Truly Advertising Agency
- Served as brand guardian for 188Bet, creating all digital assets for social media, portals, digital billboards, and advertising across TfL.
- Designed and researched for the Port of Dover's Annual Report.
- Owned artworking across a multitude of clients. This meant making sure all files were print-ready across major campaigns while type-setting and calibrating files for their retrospective output.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Graphic Communication
Middlesex University - London
A-Level in High School
St Albans High School for Girls - Hertfordshire
Freelancer of of the Year 2018
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring