Verified Expert in Design
Luke is a designer who loves to work on new digital products. He's been designing in multiple disciplines for over a decade and still gets excited to problem solve and work with people who are passionate about what they want to do. He's worked on many projects across multiple channels in both digital and print, specializing in product design, UI/UX design, brand identity/strategy illustration, and omnichannel marketing campaigns.
L.A. County Firefighters Association
- Led all of the creative details during an eleven-year span serving as their creative director and designer, including branding and design of all web, app, and print properties.
- Designed the UI/UX for a new app that helps firefighters organize their shifts and a platform in which to trade shifts.
- Generated all promotional materials for a new app, including a responsive site to advertise it.
- Oversaw the development of the branding and design for a new website.
- Designed all of the creative assets and promotional materials for annual association conference, including logo, website promotions, posters, and all of the conference collateral.
- Performed a UX evaluation of the original Android app to diagnose where the app was causing issues for users to perform tasks such as creating a prank, buying tokens and logging in.
- Led a redesign of the Android App. Focusing heavily on developing the new goal of making this app more content forward and rethinking the visual brand in relation to the target audience.
- Worked closely with CEO and CTO to create a new UX flow map as a base for the app's new redesign.
- Created wireframe prototype concepts to visualize different ways that we could approach the redesign.
- Worked closely with the CTO and an Android developer to troubleshoot any design or development issues that arose throughout the build and release of the app.
- Developed wireframes and the UI/UX for a new mobile app that allows users to easily add, share, and store professional credentials digitally.
- Created an application map to visually show the experience of all possible paths, functionalities, and dependencies within the app.
- Led the PIACET founders in establishing value propositions of the app in order to develop and design the marketing website and attract users.
- Managed and was responsible for ongoing UI/UX design of PIACET’s new features.
- Worked closely with the developer to troubleshoot any design or development issues that arose throughout the build and release of the app.
- Redesigned the app for Android using UX Android patterns and Material Design.
- Worked within the notorious technological restrictions of copier machines, I created concepts for an app for well-known copy machine brands that enables users to print documents from their Google Drive accounts and upload files via scanning.
- Produced wireframes and UX flows to create solutions as to how a user would print and scan using their Google Drive account.
- Designed final UI/UX for the app on Sharp and Toshiba copier machines for various screen sizes.
- Created a detailed style guide that gave developers precise rules for building out any design elements.
- Helped the founders develop the value propositions of the product and designed the B2B marketing website.
- Worked closely with a developer to implement the final design and solved any product, design, and development issues that arose.
- Created an MVP in four weeks.
- Created wireframes and UX flows for a device-based healthcare app that acts as a wellness coach for the elderly.
- Designed a user experience that fit the physical, cognitive, and psychological needs of elderly users which included features such as large fonts, step-by-step onboarding, and easy and clear functionality.
- Developed the UX for documenting medical vitals, automating medication reminders, and ultimately giving users and their families a true picture of their overall health.
- Designed UX solutions for NestCare’s network feature that updated a user’s family and doctors of any new information or important notifications.
- Created a gamification component within the app that tracked and encouraged engagement by allowing users to earn points and coupons as prizes.
- Created the brand identity and logo for the company's new suite of advertising services for the higher education industry called HEAT.
- Designed a responsive website and blog that explained and promoted the new product suite.
- Designed all sales decks and promotional materials for the new product suite.
- Developed and designed UI/UX for a new product concept that delivered university related social media feeds based on geo-location.
- Functioned as an in-house agency to create all client’s digital ads, including banners, videos and social ads as well as created a process to streamline the creative development to increase efficiency.
- Led a six-person team of designers, copywriters, and front-end developers to accomplish various creative projects.
- Redesigned the existing website to be responsive, working carefully to deliver new changes incrementally due to the size of the site and the sensitive user base.
- Designed a cohesive and responsive welcome email stream to increase retainment of new customers.
- Worked with an agency to produce a more effective TV presence and develop a brand story.
- Worked with the marketing team to create more effective responsive landing pages and designed more conversion-friendly funnels.
Senior Visual Designer
- Created and designed a holiday campaign that spanned over two months and was executed in responsive emails, website promotional graphics, printed gift cards and instructional DIY print-outs.
- Illustrated eight unique monstrous candy characters to promote the Halloween holiday, using them to design responsive email campaigns, animated gifs within emails, website customizations, social media, and iPhone wallpapers.
- Designed a responsive landing page to engage and convert prospective members by showcasing live events that were available in their specific area in real-time.
- Designed gift cards that users could get as an email, print, and cut-out or receive as an actual gift card with an envelope so members could deliver live event tickets as gifts.
- Collaborated on and designed all of the responsive emails that were part of the customer receive.
- Designed creative concepts for the website and brand while leading a team that consisted of a back-end and front-end developer.
- Created UX flows based on developed user stories.
- Wireframed and built comps for multiple flows and pages within the website.
- Designed an admin area concept to manage the site’s user interactions.
- Designed a landing page and social media promotional assets.
- Led the art direction for the website to reflect this trendy bespoke clothing company.
- Created a UX flow based on navigation patterns of the existing site and the client’s acquisition goals.
- Built a website that reflected legitimacy and style in order to increase conversions.
- Created a design that focused heavily on imagery to compensate for the large amount of copy needed for SEO purposes.
- Edited photography to ensure the images worked within the site’s layout and had a consistent look and feel.
Mt. Sierra College
- Developed six online design courses and correlating assignments that contributed to a Bachelors of Arts program in Multimedia Design.
- Created courses in a manner in which students could easily understand and execute the fundamentals of design.
- Integrated applicable brainstorming and idea-generating methods into the courses to give students a tangible starting point in which to develop their own design style.
- Created multiple screen-capturing videos that explained how to use software such as Adobe Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Developed the following courses: Typography & Layout, Illustrator One & Two, Digital Photography, Web Authoring One & Two, and Intro to Design.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Multimedia Design & Technology
Mt. Sierra College - Monrovia, CA, USA