Verified Expert in Design
Marc is a skilled designer with 10+ years of experience in graphic, digital, and front-end design and WordPress development. He has delivered challenging projects for startups, established companies, and organizations locally and internationally. Marc co-founded a company, organized two crowdfunding actions, led investor meetings, oversaw technical development, and redesigned the official website of Antwerp. Roles have included: Owner, co-founder, CTO, lead designer, and UI/UX designer.
Web Application for Municipal Waste Management
Print and Editorial Design for Orchestra Anima Eterna
Responsive Web Design and Development for Orchestra Anima Eterna
Owner and Lead Designer
- Designed mobile banking applications for the financial industry.
- Redesigned the website for De Morgen, Flanders' second-largest newspaper.
- Redesigned the official website of the city of Antwerp.
Co-founder and CTO
- Co-founded the company, organized two crowdfunding actions, and led investor meetings. Functioned as CTO for the company and oversaw all technical developments and projects.
- Designed the brand (logo and brand guides) for Charlie Magazine and designed and developed a custom WordPress magazine site.
- Managed the site's subscriptions and user base and was the point of contact for any issues with subscriptions. Managed the shipment of printed magazines to our subscribers.
BNP Paribas Fortis
- Served as lead UI/UX designer for an investment application for the bank's Wealth clients.
- Created wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for the application screens based on stakeholder input and project owner briefings.
- Organized user research and A/B testing on delivered wireframes and mockups.
- Organized and led numerous meetings with stakeholders, both project owners and development teams.
- Designed the visual language for the city of Antwerp's website.
- Created high-fidelity mockups for all screens in collaboration with the UX team.
- Designed and developed a digital site guide mini-site with all visual guidelines for the city website and affiliate websites.
- Developed the style guide mini-site and basic stylesheets and templates for site components.
- Designed a logo and brand guidelines for the Renergy project.
- Designed user interfaces for the Renergy project, a consumer-facing forum on renewable energy solutions.
- Developed HTML/CSS templates for the user interfaces for the Renergy-project, including an interactive, illustrated calculator for renewable energy solutions for the common household (e.g., pellet stoves, heat exchangers, etc.).
Certificate in Systems Analysis and Programming
Syntra - Antwerp, Belgium
Bachelor's Degree in Communications
College of the Province of Antwerp (Plantijn Hogeschool) - Antwerp, Belgium