Verified Expert in Design
Matt is an illustrator and designer who loves creative coding and animation. He loves to solve problems in the digital space and hopefully tell a story along the way. He has over a decade of professional experience working with film and TV companies to produce branded websites, data visualization, and infographics for news items, as well as on-air title sequences and GFX.
- Ideated and created numerous product mockups and animations for new digital solutions.
- Designed numerous brand identities and logos for web and physical startups.
- Produced a front- and back-end solution for a major new film streaming service, filmstruck.com, that is part of Time Warner's marketing website.
- Helped develop technology and business logic for a startup estate agency, then created their brand identity, a custom CMS, and a front-end website. Consulted on innovative ways to drive conversions, including VR tours of houses.
- Created the bridge from the front end to the back end in AWS Lambda for user login and account management for corporation-wide implantation in streaming platforms.
Head of Digital
If Not Us Films
- Designed and built a real-time web application allowing first and second-screen interaction with over five hours' worth of documentary video.
- Built an entire oilfield in 3D and animated to show the construction process that lasted over two years.
- Designed and animated straps for shows in multiple languages.
- Art-directed numerous pitches for TV and web projects.
- Developed a custom content management system to aid in the creation of non-linear content.
- Hired and trained junior animators for over 12 months to production-ready output.
- Illustrated an image for the homepage magazine article every weekday for about two months, totaling in approximately 80 illustrations.
- Created numerous title sequences for international news shows.
- Originated, designed, and was part of the team that created the World Cup Twitter buzz, a real-time web app that tracked sentiment during World Cup matches and won a Royal Television Society Award for Innovative News.
- Designed new page layouts and design flow based on the CNN brand guidelines.
- Led innovative projects and directed a team of developers and designers throughout the entire production cycle.
Web Designer and Illustrator
- Coded and designed microsites for Cartoon Network.
- Prototyped and created web platforms for Hub Culture.
- Created promotional print material for the University of Portsmouth.
- Designed promotional material for a student bar chain named Scream Pubs.
- Composed numerous websites for large and small companies.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Web Design
University of Portsmouth - Portsmouth, UK