Verified Expert in Design
In Michael's world, users always come first. He possesses the proven ability to develop highly-effective strategic marketing collateral for high-end clients, including Apple, IBM, L’Oreal, Fidelity, Bud Light, Home Depot, Costco, and Walmart. He's committed to connecting with clients and users—and bringing their vision to life effectively across a broad, far-reaching spectrum of media.
- Helped define the user experience for new and existing security- and privacy-related tools for Googlers.
- Collaborated with UX designers (design, research, writing), engineers (software, privacy, security), program managers, project managers, analysts, lawyers, and more.
- Balanced user-centered, business, and engineering goals to help shape the strategy.
- Tackled structural and architectural problems by thoughtfully organizing functionality into pages and workflows to meet user needs and match their mental models.
- Developed storyboards, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and more to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Assessed the usability of tools and products, and make constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborated with teammates to define and document patterns and components for wide reuse.
Lead User Experience Designer
- Initiated security and authentication solutions (using Blockchain technology) for esteemed major banking institutions including TD, Royal Bank, and Scotiabank.
- Led the product design for an innovative Blockchain-based digital identity application; partnered with all major banks in Canada (BMO, CIBC, Desjardins, RBC, Scotiabank, TD, and National Bank) as well as IBM, Hyperledger, and Intel.
- Collaborated with the government of Canada on the redesign of Securekey Concierge.
Lead iOS Mobile User Experience Designer
Apple and IBM
- Excelled as the lead UX designer on MobileFirst Apple and IBM exclusive partnership to transform enterprise mobility through a new class of business applications—enabling IBM’s big data and analytics capabilities on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
- Championed design, strategy, and vision for graduate student engagement app; designed keynote files, and shareholder and investor documents.
- Led the user research at local universities to uncover more about student needs and behaviors.
Senior UI/UX Lead
- Researched and developed sophisticated visual market research product “Market Research Cloud (MRC)” in an effective collaboration with the developers, CEO, product lead, platform lead, CTO, and marketing lead.
- Created two brand new iOS app products.
Senior UX/UI Designer | Business Development Manager of Web/UI/UX
- Earned a promotion and became the senior UX/UI designer.
- Redesigned complex eCommerce software used by high-profile clients (Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Rona, Costco, Walmart); provided users with instant access to multiple contractors, software providers, property management companies, facilities maintenance departments, builders, management companies, and consumers.
- Employed my extensive knowledge of Agile methodologies to successfully complete the project on time.
Senior Interactive Designer
Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Led the conceptual development and execution of HTML and Flash-based projects for company’s award-winning websites and web-based games.
- Rebranded the TreehouseTV's website and TreehouseTV parent companies as the lead designer.
Game Pill Inc.
- Architected online social strategies via aesthetically polished front-end mobile interfaces.
- Developed mobile games for iPhone and iPad.
- Utilized broad-based elements of user experience design (user research, user interface design, information architecture, and heuristic evaluation) to create desktop and responsible mobile experiences for diverse clients.
Graphic Designer | Animator
- Created graphic designs and brand identities for Proline, Service Ontario, and MacLaren McCann.
Additional Career Experience
- Worked as a graphic designer and animator for Lush Concepts.
- Designed the marketing campaign for Shoplogix Inc.
- Created graphics for GANZ.
- Animated graphics for Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Certificate in Introduction to Electronics with Arduino
OCAD University - Toronto, ON, Canada
Bachelor of Applied Arts Degree in Animation and Design
Sheridan College - Oakville, ON, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring