Verified Expert in Design
Miel loves UX-based innovations, digital spaghetti coding, and prototyping. He has built sophisticated IoT products, streamlined user flows, and 3D-printed his own eyewear. Miel is always eager to experiment and innovate in most product and service-based industries with or without hardware as long as the focus is on solving real user problems.
KRK | Consumer App UX and UI Refinement
Digital Marketing for Open Innovation
Digital Strategy for a Dental Player
- Led the consumer IoT design strategy for a Fortune 500 company.
- Localized digital, physical, and phygital products for global brands entering the Chinese market.
- Headed the digital strategy and future vision exploration for a global brand, entering multiple markets in Japan, India, China, Europe, and the US.
- Mentored startups and scaleups from business models and hackathons to successful launches in the medical and consumer markets.
ZHEJIANG AISHIDA ELECTRIC CO.
- Defined the UI/UX strategy and implementation for our industrial robotics brand QJAR.
- Grew our team from 12 to 18 designers to work on industrial digital design, research, and strategy.
- Developed advanced embedded digital concepts for electrical appliances.
S.Point Design Co.
- Headed a team of six to deliver products and services for the global Fortune 500 companies and startups in Shanghai.
- Led the digital strategy and improved the product of a dental medical player to successfully enter the Chinese, European, and US markets.
- Participated in the co-creation process of Colgate through user and trend research for the Chinese market.
Product and System Designer
- Led the category of smart accessories for Philips Hue, the leader in smart consumer lighting.
- Participated in the design exploration programs to build the future of smart lighting and prototype new experiences beyond products and screens.
- Established the UX process within the NDPL process to streamline advanced product development for smart products.
- Established an eCommerce internal B2B platform for retailers to see the collections of eyewear designs. Built an eCommerce and marketing website for all available designs and accessories.
- Defined the online identity and redefined both online and offline experiences.
- Helped the brand launch globally, from starting the collection to refining accessories and all the marketing communication materials needed.
Designer | Freelance Contractor
- Brainstormed, defined, designed, and launched products on the Disney licensing platform for the Disney-Philips partnership.
- Supported marketing in high-quality photorealistic product rendering for online and offline purposes. Used computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
- Explored digital mass-customization platforms for three internal joint ventures.
Master's Degree in International Marketing, Strategy, and Innovation
Hasselt University - Hasselt, Belgium
Master's Degree in Product Design
LUCA | School of Arts - Bruxelles, Belgium
Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia and Communication Design
HOWEST - Kortrijk, Belgium
Insights for Innovation
UX Master Certification | Interaction Design
Nielsen Norman Group
Design for Excellence (DfX) | Level 1
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring