Birmingham, United Kingdom
Toptal Member Since
February 10, 2016
As founder of a consultancy agency and a startup, Robert has learned the significance of reliability and long-term collaboration, as well as the importance of results. Combining a broad set of talents – great business acumen, an eye for well-crafted design and a feel for animation – with years of experience, he quickly understands businesses, identifies problems and diligently develops and tests designs looking for exceptional results.
Robert is available for hireHire Robert
2015 - PRESENT
- We're redefining the standard for dispatch software through thoughtful design, better implementation and empathy for taxi owners, drivers and passengers.
- Continuously analyzed the business in order to find the best solutions to help the taxi companies that we had access too.
- Conducted user interviews in order to gather qualitative information.
- Focused on overall systems design and UX & UI for the web products.
- Created visual interactive prototypes for testing with real users.
- Implemented two APIs in Ruby on Rails - one for data storage and one for real-time dispatching.
- Implemented the Web Dispatcher using AngularJS.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS, Pixate, Principle, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, InVision, UXPin
2013 - 2014
- Designed and developed bespoke websites and interactive experiences for clients like Balfour Beatty, DHL, bpha, all the while keeping a direct contact with the client in order to facilitate faster feedback loops and achieve, high-quality results.
- Argued the importance of an automatized development workflow based on environments in multiple meetings and then implemented it, seeing a success of 100% in adoption.
- Wrote a WordPress plugin for database backups and quick deployment.
2011 - 2014
- Took care of the overall running of the creative agency - networking, initial contact with clients, quoting, project management, documentation, payroll, etc.
- Focused on creating long-lasting relationships with the people working with us.
- Tried to make a dent in the charity space by making donation management easy and accessible. Ideation, prototyping, testing and led the design of the app.
- Did web and iOS design.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, InVision
2009 - 2011
Designer / Developer
- Designed and implemented a WordPress module for studying business resilience in companies; it's being used as a marketing tool for the full featured service - it consisted of a set of forms with different types of questions and an admin panel showing the results. It had the option of automatically creating a template based PDF with individual results in order to send it as an email for contacting possible clients.
- Implemented a mathematics based course website.
- Wrote tutorials for the Envato community.
2010 - 2014
Bachelor of Science Degree in Games Technology
Coventry University - Coventry, England