VP of Finance2015 - 2017Navdy, Inc.
Focus areas: Employee Stock Options, Pitch Decks, Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Equity Financing, Debt Raises, Investor Presentations, Cash Flow Modeling, Forecasting, Budget Management, Finance Systems, Finance Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Led the external fundraising efforts with the CEO for Seed and Series A funding rounds of $6 million and $22 million respectively, as well as ~$10 million in follow-on equity bridge financing. The main investors were Upfront, Promus Ventures, Qualcomm, Allstate, Formation 8, and Lightbank.
- Secured $10 million from a Silicon Valley bank, comprised of $5 million in term loan debt and $5 million in working capital facilities.
- Secured $15 million of convertible debt finance from Harman (acquired by Samsung). This was in parallel with the marketing department also securing a distribution agreement with Harman for Navdy products.
- Built out all financial models for internal projections and external fundraising efforts.
- Created the financial and reporting systems and recruited staff for the company.
- Oversaw the legal and corporate governance matters for the company, implementing an e-shares platform and handling investor communications.
CEO2010 - 2014SMC Power Public Company Limited
Focus areas: Fundraising, Corporate Finance, Project Finance
- Oversaw the transition from automotive to a renewable energy-focused company which involved selling legacy assets, renegotiating outstanding debenture and bank debt, reclassifying listing with the stock exchange of Thailand, restructuring costs, and recruiting new staff for new business areas.
- Completed the financing for two 10 MW waste-to-energy projects of ~$30 million each—where one was an all-equity deal and the other was composed of 40% in equity and 60% in bank financing.
CFO2009 - 2010M2 Engineering
Focus areas: Financial Management, Financial Systems, Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Pitch Decks, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Obtained an agreement for €100 million in equity funding for CIGS Solar manufacturing facilities in the US and Asia.
- Oversaw the financial management of an international group of companies covering Sweden, Thailand, US, and Singapore.
- Implemented NetSuite ERP—resulting in upgraded manufacturing processes and one integrated management reporting platform across multiple companies and countries.
- Built and maintained financial models for internal projections, external fundraising, existing investors, and banks.