Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Glynn is a project, culture, and operational risk consultant who leads large-scale change efforts, such as a reduction of 24% in insurance premiums and an 82% reduction in LTIs at a 200,000 BPD refinery in Turkey. His career spans large multinational companies like Anglo-American, Vale, Saudi Aramco, Ernst and Young, and DuPont. He is passionate about translating strategy and intention into action, bringing systems and processes alive to deliver value in challenging stakeholder environments.
Driving Culture Change Through Institution of Rituals and Routines
- Led a RAPID organizational design project, revamping key functions (strategy through logistics). Achievements include revamped strategies, mindset shifts, quick wins, org structures, capability maps, and service delivery models (using RACI, interfacing with business units).
- Developed a PMO dashboard tool in Excel, which allowed visualization of a portfolio of projects across programs, subprograms, and projects. The tool is used for prioritization and sequencing of events to even out cash flow and resource requirements.
- Used a value-driver tree approach to assist a mining team with a functional redesign of operations KPS for better cascade, and in the process, identified three quick wins that released 8% more output over a 4-week period.
- Co-developed a new MAC Consulting Operating Model playbook.
DuPont Sustainable Solutions
- Implemented a nine-month $850,000 single engagement that transformed into a three-site $2.8 million program of projects.
- Integrated work with the client’s internal operating model deployment project, resulting in a 52% reduction in LTIs and a 15% improvement in schedule compliance.
- Led a $6.1 million multi-year process safety management implementation project at a 200,000 BPD refinery. The project reduced incident rates (78% reduction in LTIs) and saved 24% on insurance premiums. Rolled out work to three refineries in total.
- Oversaw the development of contractor management systems at a multinational oil and gas company. Outcomes include a 60% reduction in LTIFR rate, improved contractor relationships, and a 23% improvement in contractor retention.
Ernst & Young
- Served as program governance lead on owner’s team of a ZAR 22.5 billion capital project.
- Drove improvement in the level of compliance with regulatory standards and internal procedures, resulting in a 70% reduction in non-compliance within two years.
- Developed the first of its kind capital project critical control framework and capital project gate review audit methodology.
- Acted as the program lead for a multi-year capital project audit program directing a team of 12 consultants.
- Rolled out a framework on over ZAR 50 billion worth of projects in an ambitious and challenging program of projects within the public sector.
- Reviewed projects across SHE, procurement, project controls, project management, and governance focus areas. Contract renewed for four years running.
- Initiated and expedited rapid upgrade and rollout of a new version of the internal project administration suite. Upgraded 500 users in one week, including stakeholders, risk assessment, testing, disaster scenario development, and mitigation plans.
- Led the development of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs). Orchestrated design change process post HAZOPs.
- Provided single point interface to all other disciplines, including mechanical, piping, electrical, and process for the instrumentation team.
- Managed the instrumentation team after the team leader left the company at the end of the design stage. Oversaw 25 contractors during construction, commissioning, and ramping up, with all snag lists completed before handover.
- Developed project costing models and work breakdown structures in support of the ZAR 35 billion capital expansion program.
Honors Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand - Johannesburg, South Africa
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Gordon Institute of Business Science - Johannesburg, South Africa