- Principal2019 - PRESENTd'Almeida Consulting LLC
Focus areas: Financial Analysis
- Consulted on a litigation matter related to the valuation of a Chinese company in the hospitality industry, preparing a critique of the valuation analysis.
- Managing Director2009 - 2018Duff & Phelps LLC
Focus areas: Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Analysis, Equity Valuation, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), DCF Valuation, Valuation, Asset Valuation, 409A Valuation, Pre-revenue Valuation, Liability Valuations, Projected Cash Flow, Five-year Projections, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Options, Financial Statement Analysis, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Ratio Analysis, Return Analysis, Fairness Opinion Reports
- Prepared models and reports for the valuation of customer relationships, trade names, technology, inventory, in-process research and development, and other assets for multiple firms across numerous industries in connection with post-transaction purchase price allocations.
- Prepared valuation and option pricing models as well as reports to value common stock for many companies across industries for stock option grants.
- Analyzed the liquidation value of an electronics manufacturer and testified in court regarding the analysis.
- Performed goodwill impairment analysis including building financial models and preparing written reports for companies across industries. Discussed the results with the CFO and other members of the management teams.
- Worked with fund managers to prepare financial models to value general partnership interests in multiple fund structures for tax reporting purposes, incorporating the value of management fees and carried interest.
- Analyzed solvency of a software services company and testified in court regarding the analysis.
- Senior Manager2007 - 2009Ernst & Young
Focus areas: Valuation Modeling, Valuation Analysis, DCF Valuation, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), 409A Valuation, Purchase Price Allocation, Financial Asset Impairment Models, Financial Options
- Valued the common stock of a wealth management firm providing investment management and trust services for tax purposes.
- Valued various business units of a $50 billion global financial services lending company using models and comparable company analysis for goodwill impairment testing under SFAS 142.
- Valued general partnership interests in multiple fund structures for tax reporting purposes, incorporating the value of management fees and carried interest.
- Prepared valuation and cost of capital models to value the intellectual property and intangible assets such as customer relationships, software technology, and brand names for a post-transaction purchase price allocation for a logistical and compliance management software provider in the health care industry.
- Valued a publicly-traded publishing and book manufacturing business for goodwill impairment testing purposes that included preparing discount cash flow analyses and guideline company and transaction models.
- Vice President2005 - 2007Duff & Phelps LLC
- Built multiple models for financial reporting, tax reporting, and strategic evaluation purposes.
- Manager, Economic and Regulatory Policy2003 - 2005Cable & Wireless
Focus areas: Economic Cost, Revenue & Expense Projections, Projected Cash Flow, Antitrust, Market Research, Cost of Capital
- Prepared economic cost modeling for a wireless telecommunications network.
- Prepared pricing analysis for various telecommunications products and discussed with product line managers and executives.
- Economic Consultant1998 - 2003NERA
Focus areas: Economic Cost, Public Policy, Antitrust, Cash Flow Modeling, Financial Modeling, Cost of Capital
- Assessed the benefits of alternative pricing regulation including price cap regulation in Massachusetts for telecommunications services.
- Analyzed subsidies and the measurement of economic costs for telecommunications companies.
- Analyzed the economic issues raised in the proposed merger of two incumbent telecommunications providers.
- Prepared an analysis of economic issues regarding alleged subsidization of payphone services.
- Prepared telecommunications network cost models for the purposes of regulatory pricing of unbundled network elements including local loop, collocation, and switching elements.
- Analyst1995 - 1998Department of Public Utilities
Focus areas: Economic Cost, Antitrust, Price caps, Public Policy, Regulation
- Assessed antitrust issues related to telecommunications carriers in Massachusetts.
- Assessed economic cost models for telecommunications carriers.